Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:54 PM
Problem with posebox crashing game?
Hey all,
I recently received a feedback post on one of my poseboxes. Bookaboo (name of the poster) said that my Police posebox was crashing his game on the loadup screen. Here's the message he posted:
Quote: Originally posted by Bookaboo
I love the concept of this item, but after I downloaded this it crashed at the loading screen. I've narrowed down the problem to the file called "Police-Posebox-l2d-Hack".
I'm running on just the base game. Any idea what the problem could be?

Edit: I'm having a similar problem with the Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) and Hoot poseboxes. I'm assuming it's related.

I've never had this kind of problem before, so i have no idea what could be causing it. That's why I posted here. Maybe someone could tell me why my posebox(es) is crashing his game? And maybe how I could fix it?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:33 PM
Moved to Object Creation as it's not a feedback thread.

You have probably cloned the object using EPs the downloader doesn't have. You should be unchecking all EPs/SPs in the file table in SimPE (and then restart) before cloning so that the posebox is base game. SimPE default is to require all the EPs/SPs you have installed. Your profile shows you have up to BV installed, so that is going to be the minimum EP required for your poseboxes.

You'll need to either reclone your poseboxes to be base game, or change the EPs required on all your poseboxes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:44 PM
Thank you for clearing that up!

but I'm not completely familiar with SimPE yet, so could you tell me how to get to the file table to uncheck everything? but until I'm able to change it, I'll change my ep requirements for my poseboxes.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:05 PM
Extra / Preferences. This opens a new window, on the left scroll down to File Table. Only leave CEP and Original checked. Click Ok, then close and reopen SimPE. And be patient, this box can be slow opening and closing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:52 AM
thanks, I'll make sure this doesn't happen in the future!