Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 7:58 PM
Default How to..isolate/rename subset? (for repository)
Hi all.
I am having this problem where, 2 subsets of an object have the same name, surfaces, and are mapped on the same texture.
I cloned the shower/tub cheap and made a new object. Removed the ugly back/walls. But I also made another object, and I'd like the curtain from the shower/tub to pull its texture from it. Of course, all the new mapping is done and etc.
But in the Shape/parts of my slave(shower) there is only ONE subset named surfaces. Now if i make changes to this one, the whole thing will break.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2014 at 9:54 PM
I'm so sorry - I favourited this ages ago and then forgot to reply. Have you figured it out already?

If not, what I would suggest is that you follow this tutorial to help you rename the curtain subset and make new SHPE etc. entries for it, and link that to the texture in your custom object. This will work because you can have lots of subsets on one object, but you *are* limited to two recolourable subsets, so if the shower already has two recolourable subsets you'd have to either make one non-recolourable, or settle with your curtain being non-recolourable, which I assume is not what you want.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thank you. This is the tutorial I am using for years now. But it has not solved my problem, this is why i came here to ask...
I made a..bath tub "cover" (?) and I would like the shower curtain to pull its texture from it. Nothing else has to be recolorable...my new object alone IS..but not the shower/tub.
Now, it,s been a while..and i am not even sure what was my exact problem..maybe I should switch who is the repository and who is the slave..or maybe this is doomed and will never work as I wish lol
I'll get back to it some day

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:30 AM
I don't know if this would help you, but hodkadk47 made a backless showertub with the curtain repositoried to the jonesi bed blanket. Maybe studying it will tell you what you need to know?

edit: all kinds of corrections and additions.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th May 2014 at 11:36 AM
Well, in regards to renaming the subset, that tutorial should tell you all the places where you need to change the name. So what else is missing?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.