Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:00 PM
Could probably fit moochers in there somewhere too.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:35 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 27th Feb 2012 at 7:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Or kick or bang on them with their fists until free stuff fall out of them.
Or just steal it XD

I remember The Sims 2 University released vending machines on that EP...
For teenagers to drink and get drunk...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Forum Resident
#28 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:42 AM
Man.... I miss The Sims 2 UI.....

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Instructor
#29 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
Or just steal it XD

I remember The Sims 2 University released vending machines on that EP...
For teenagers to drink and get drunk...

Actually it would be funny if they could "tinker" with it and have a bag of simoleons drop out of it. why go for the food/drinks if you can take the money? :D

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#30 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Not where I come from. They look something like this. No glow there.
I think your vending machines have been sitting there so long that the lights have failed, and nobody has bothered to replace them. Plus, your vending machine is sitting outside in broad daylight, rather than in a dark corner of a club. Maybe they don't bother to install lights on those at all. It's probably an expansion slot option.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#31 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 3:16 PM
Actually it would be funny if they could "tinker" with it and have a bag of simoleons drop out of it. why go for the food/drinks if you can take the money? :D

Handiness upgrade: two food items for the price of one?

Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I think your vending machines have been sitting there so long that the lights have failed, and nobody has bothered to replace them. Plus, your vending machine is sitting outside in broad daylight, rather than in a dark corner of a club. Maybe they don't bother to install lights on those at all. It's probably an expansion slot option.

Actually, I've only seen them in public places that are well lit, so yes, probably they do not bother to install night lights in them. Nevertheless, I still don't think they should glow, since they are basically a light box, and not meant to actually light the area around them like a lamp would.
Theorist
#33 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:00 PM
They do glow, but only on the front and not the sides, but sims stuff is never all that realistic looking anyway.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#34 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:36 PM
We had vending machines in TS2? :O

I honestly don't remember. Did they come in an EP or were they one of them free download objects like the scissors?

I remember them, I just don't remember ever using them
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:41 PM

It would be cool if EA would make this one also =D

I remember Sims 1 they have an English vending machine not Simlish.. Really interesting..
I played Sims 1 really long time ago and the Sims 1 Vending machine is really realistic than Sims 2...

These vending machines are Sims 1 =D So cute...

Quote:

ADD:
Also if the vending machine takes your money and doesn't serve you a drink.....

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:05 PM
Romer: as a random fail, like how when you buy ice cream from the ice cream truck it sometimes falls on the ground? The snack machine could have your bag of chips get stuck halfway down and not drop.

Instructor
#37 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:48 AM
Oh, slurm! The tasty droppings of an alien slug!

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Romer: as a random fail, like how when you buy ice cream from the ice cream truck it sometimes falls on the ground? The snack machine could have your bag of chips get stuck halfway down and not drop.

Oh yeah =)

LoL it would be funny if the Sims have a wrinkly note..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Oh yeah, they'd end up being a Dr Pepper promo or something.

That is, if I end up working for them (hopefully then I can talk some sense into them) though I highly doubt they'll hire a blue haired teenager.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:04 AM
I never understood why they haven't given us vending machines for Sims3. Are they hanging on to them for a 'special' occasion? I really wouldn't mind if they ended up being promo items. At least we'd HAVE them. And once out there, remakes will follow.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:31 PM
I would adore that ! I didn't even know we had them for Sims 2 !
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:35 PM
I like the kicking and banging vending machines part. Would totally fit my sims teens with martial arts skill that dont have the Disciplined trait.
Scholar
#43 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I like the kicking and banging vending machines part. Would totally fit my sims teens with martial arts skill that dont have the Disciplined trait.

High martial arts = spinning roundhouse kick = free snacks? I approve.

Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM
I'd love vending machines They'd be good touch, and think of how many more community lots could be improved with them
Mad Poster
#45 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:15 PM
I was going to ask 'what do you mean, if Showtime's released?' and then noticed the thread date...
One Minute Ninja'd
#46 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 1:17 AM
Yup, it's necro thread day. EA would run into a problem selling the vending machines in New York, though, unless they exclude all large bottles of non-diet soda. Yup, the days of 2L bottles of sugary Coke are numbered in this city. I'm sure Bloomberg would object to a bunch of fat sims running around and raising the cost of pixel healthcare.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:47 AM
Well see what will happen next expansion pack is The Sims 3 Seasons....

The Sims need fizzy drinks for summer and a coffee vending machine for winter..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Mad Poster
#48 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17

I remember Sims 1 they have an English vending machine not Simlish.. Really interesting..
I played Sims 1 really long time ago and the Sims 1 Vending machine is really realistic than Sims 2...

There was an official download from the Maxis site for a vending machine in Sims 1, it was for a pepsi machine, I think. And you're right, it did look realistic, too, like the ones you showed.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
There was an official download from the Maxis site for a vending machine in Sims 1, it was for a pepsi machine, I think. And you're right, it did look realistic, too, like the ones you showed.

I like Maxis work
Put the money in, choose a drink and the machine makes a really good realistic sound effect when the drink drops out :D...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 7:17 AM
SIMS 3 UNIVERSITY!!!

Electronic Arts made the vending machines!!! FINALLY!!!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Page 2 of 3