Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 4:52 PM
Default Broken Image Gallery Display for Downloads
Usually when I click on an attached image on a download post it pops up in a new overlay over the page with a little cross in the upper right corner to exit out. For the past few days this hasn't been happening. Instead of the pop up viewer appearing, the image just loads on the page above all of the previous page content instead with the little X to the left of the picture in its own little box. The scroll bar is also missing from the right side of the browser window when this happens. I only realised the rest of the page was below the enlarged image when I went to take a screenshot and the selection tool allowed the page to scroll down.

https://i.imgur.com/VrvyoRS.png?1

I'm running on Windows 10, Firefox version 67.0.4 (64-bit) and I do use AdBlock Plus but this issue is still present with it both enabled and disabled.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:15 PM
Hi there

Using both Chrome 73 and Firefox 66 on OSX, I don't get this issue. I think what's happening is that somehow it's blocking a specific script (specifically http://www.modthesims.info/static/j...gnific-popup.js) and that's causing the issues. This script is used to trigger and load the image overlay and gallery.

Can you check your F12 debugging tools (specifically the console, and the network tab) for any errors? Thanks!

T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:59 PM
The Console tab doesn't show any errors but the Network tab has the following:

Request URL:http://static-files3.modthesims2.co...nific-popup.css
Request method:GET
Remote address:104.24.19.25:80
Status code: 404 Not Found
Version:HTTP/1.1
Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

As well as;

Request URL:https://www.modthesims.info/gr...&range=thisweek
Request method:GET
Remote address:104.24.5.29:80
Status code:400 Bad Request
Version:HTTP/1.1
Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

I assume the second bit refers to the download stat graphs that should show for thread creators? If so that hasn't worked for me for a very long time. The only time graphs seem to show up is if I follow a link to one of my downloads from off-site.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 4:35 PM
Was that info of any use? It's still happening.

I tried Microsoft Edge as well since it's installed on my machine and it's happening there too. Only, the image is cut off the top of the page and there is no little X to close it.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:50 AM
Hi there

You're definitely doing *some* kind of blocking here, since the CSS does exist (and the graph is generated automatically). Both work fine for me and obviously for other people, so there isn't much I can do from a site perspective here to fix this since it's entirely on your end.

What happens if you just go here, btw http://static-files3.modthesims2.com/ - you should see a page saying static content should work ok.

Regards
T.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 9:01 PM
Following that link I get a white page with the text
"MTS2 Static Content Server
If you can see this, you should be able to get static content images from MTS2."
followed by the old modthesims2.com logo.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:54 PM
I asked a few friends to visit the downloads section and to take a look at the pictures and they are experiencing the issue as well. Neither of them are members of the site or have ever visited the site before.
I've attached a screenshot of the Console debug window this time.
Could whether this works or not be affected by cache files?
It doesn't work in Firefox or Edge but I did get it to work in Opera which was a fresh install for testing purposes.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 1:56 AM
I am not having this issue, but I am having a separate issue with the images of a download post. The cover photo appears on the main download page, but then when I find something I want to download and know that there are more images than the cover photo; going to the page...The other photos are not there at all. In order for me to see the extra photos, i have to be signed out of MTS. To do other things on MTS, I can be signed in for, but not to see images. I will get some pics together shortly.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 2:19 AM
Default download images not showing up
here are the images I was talking about.

1. I am signed in and going to the download link.
[IMG][/IMG]

2. I am at the TS4 download page.
[IMG][/IMG]

3. I am at the game of thrones download page, but there are no images of the item.
[IMG][/IMG]

4. I have signed out of MTS and clicking on the download link.
[IMG][/IMG]

5. I am at the TS4 download page.
[IMG][/IMG]

6. I am at the game of thrones download page.
[IMG][/IMG]

I have been having to perform this work-around since October of last year.
I hope this helps.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 10:26 AM
goldilocksims, that's not the normal font the size uses. Are you using some kind of custom CSS there?

menaceman, the issue with the css should be fixed now. Turns out that static-files3 was actually holding a cached copy of a file that was missing otherwise. I fixed the file, and it's now appearing correctly even on CDN nodes that didn't have it previously.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:56 PM
THANK YOU!
I can confirm the gallery is working again for me now.
Browsing the downloads is so much more comfortable now. I almost went and did a computer restore yesterday to try and fix the problem since we thought it was an issue my end but I'm so glad it never came to that.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#12 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 10:22 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered