Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:31 AM Last edited by slkjdfv : 14th Aug 2010 at 1:43 AM.
HELP!!! Chairs and decorations wont align to table right
I'm making a table for my sims mansion and I wanted a large table cause the game didn't come with any and theres none that i want on the site. I took a 2x1 table and made it into a 8x2 table. I got the foot print set up and every thing. But were I'm stuck is adding chair slots and getting the chairs where I want them to be. See the screen shots to see better what I'm talking about.

You can see where i want to place them but how do I get the chair to do what I want and how do I add chairs? Thanks! P.S. you cant really see it in the snap hot but the chair is facing the right way ^^.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:09 PM
I guess you need to edit the existing slots and add new ones (for each chair and centerpieces).

If you use s3pe, you can start by reading cmomoney's slot tutorial. He explains how to modify them and add new ones.

If you use TSR Workshop, I saw a tutorial for it but I don't have the link. (joninmobile may be able to provide it to you).
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
Also, the chair slots are the ones with the SlotPlacementFlags set to 0x0000200.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 3:22 AM
I figured the 0x0000200 thing out i added a slot and it didnt really work. is there any apps to edit the RIG file? JW and thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slkjdfv
I figured the 0x0000200 thing out i added a slot and it didnt really work. is there any apps to edit the RIG file? JW and thanks

There is one by ChaosMageX here , or you could try my experimental S3PE plugin here .
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:35 AM
Try copying an existing slot, and editing that.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 12:06 AM Last edited by slkjdfv : 19th Aug 2010 at 12:18 AM.
ChaosMageX's pprogram doesn't work at all. It wont load the files cause i think its because of the updates and the fact i have ambitions I dont know. but i'll try your plugin thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:47 PM
ChaosMageX's pprogram doesn't work at all. It wont load the files cause i think its because of the updates and the fact i have ambitions I dont know. but i'll try your plugin thanks.

UPDATE! atavera your plugin doesnt work either and this slot thing is really upsetting me lol. i hate slots XD
Alchemist
#9 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:17 AM
Slkjdfv, if you provide more details about what you're doing and what is going wrong when you do it it's possible someone could help you. Simply saying something isn't working doesn't really allow anyone to think about what the problem might be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:56 AM
ok. well wheni use chaosmageX's rig editor i goto load the rig file and it says theres a version error with the file. And it wont load the rig file for my table. I tryed loading other objects and i get the same error. So i tryed atavera's plug in and it gave me the same result, an error message. I'm trying to add slots to my table so i can put more chairs on it as well as more stuff on top of the table, thats all i need help with. And there aren't any sims 3 objects as big as my table to copy slots from.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:16 PM
ok. well wheni use chaosmageX's rig editor i goto load the rig file and it says theres a version error with the file. And it wont load the rig file for my table. I tryed loading other objects and i get the same error. So i tryed atavera's plug in and it gave me the same result, an error message. I'm trying to add slots to my table so i can put more chairs on it as well as more stuff on top of the table, thats all i need help with. And there aren't any sims 3 objects as big as my table to copy slots from.

Hmmm, that is definitely weird. It could be a problem with the internal version of the rig file, or the rig file could have been extracted incorrectly from the package (screwing up its header and preventing it from being properly read by granny), or some new unfound way of granny2 screwing with us.

Are you able to open and view the extracted rig in the Granny Viewer? (Get the viewer here)

In order to help diagnose and fix your problem, I request you put the following things in your next post in this thread:
  • Screenshots or copy/pasted text of the error message dialog from both my S3 Rig Maker tool and Atavera's S3PE plug-in, including the stack trace (the list of functions below the error message).
  • A compressed archive (either zip or rar) of both the extracted rig file and the package file of your work-in-progress table.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:30 PM
And using atavera's wrapper it's just a matter of opening the rig in Grid, going to the bones and selecting one, pushing the Copy button, and changing the name/location of the new bone. After commiting, the new bone is in the rig. I can confirm that using either the wrapper or the tool works, and what you're trying to do is doable.

wb, CMX.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 3:38 AM
srry its not a version error my bad its a format error. heres the error message I got ::

--------------------------

Error Opening Rig
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at ChaosMageX.Granny2.Imports.ReadEntireFile(String File Name)
at ChaosMageX.Granny2.FileInfo.ReadFromFile(String File Name)
at S3RigMaker.S3RIGMaker.FileOpen_Click(Object Sender, EventArgs e)

----------------------------

and my granny dll is 2.7.0.9
every thing is in the CAW.exe's directory so I dont know whats wrong.
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 8:19 PM
Have you tried to place the eight ordinary tables in your table with "moveObjects on" and then make them invisible with this mod:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=406614 Buzzler has done.
I would at least try it.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#15 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 9:10 PM
...and my granny dll is 2.7.0.9

I have version 2.6.0.10 in the CAW folder for the RIGMaker and 2.7.0.9 in the S3PE folders for the _rig wrapper.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 6:06 AM
I think I got it working someone just released a 64bit version of ChaosMageX's rig maker I'm going to try that and see what happens. THanks for all the help I'll post back as soon as I can letting you know if this fixed my problem :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:11 AM
Default It Works!!!!!
I think I got it working someone just released a 64bit version of ChaosMageX's rig maker I'm going to try that and see what happens. THanks for all the help I'll post back as soon as I can letting you know if this fixed my problem :D

I GOT IT WORKING!! it was because I needed a 64bit version of ChaosMageX's app. thanks every one ^_^