Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#51 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:02 PM Last edited by maxon : 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:24 PM.
No it's a custom green room CAS - I'll try and find the link - and then Photoshopping. Those poses are all CAS animations.

Edit: here
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=293078

Edit 2: I've attached the zip. If that's a problem for the moderators I can shift it onto my SimsFileShare account. I'd rather post here since I think you'll eventually delete this thread Andrew which means the files are not occupying my account at SimsFileShare (I really need to go and tidy up over there). Also, let me know the pics came through ok - seems to be a very small file size.

Incidentally, I'm taking your files out of my game now. Not that I don't want them but because I'd like the swimwear enabled version. That is, unless you want me to do anything else? Just ask. I won't permanently delete just yet.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AndrewGloria_BottomsPics.zip (697.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:51 PM
Default Swimwear-enabled versions ready to test
I've got swimwear-enabled versions of all the base game teen bikini tops and bottoms ready. I've tested them on my AGS base game test 'hood, and they really do work as swimwear. Samantha Swanston even went swimming in hers.

So I thought they were ready for upload. However I'm not sure about the quality, especially on the tankini tops. The Maxis teen tankinis use bump maps, but strangely enough the Everyday base game tankini tops do not. (Maxis made the six tankini tops also available as Everyday tops, so I thought all I had to do was make copies and enable them as swimwear.) So I used Morague's method (slightly modified to import the alpha file too) to add the bump map top from the tankini itself. (I didn't add a bump map to the "rainbow" top because it transpired that Maxis had used the wrong bump map for the rainbow tankini itself!) I then reimported all the tankini top textures (from the corresponding full tankinis) in Body Shop. To my surprise at least some of them seem to be duller and less sharp than the Maxis originals. I say "surprise" because I'm using the original Maxis textures (or I thought I was!). I first noticed it on the green tankini top in CAS.

So, I attach the swimwear-enabled versions. (They are of course available on Everyday too -- they have to be ,because that's how you buy them.) I'd be grateful if you could download them and tell me what you think of the graphics quality, especially on the tankini tops. If you don't think it's up to Maxis own standards, I'll try again (though I'm not sure what I've done wrong). If you think they are good enough, maybe you could take the pictures for me. Thanks for all your help.

P.S. For some reason it's not allowing me to upload the files. (It may be because I included a "&" sign in the file names. If so I'll change it for the final upload.) So I've uploaded them to Sim File Share instead. You can get the tops here and the bottoms here. Please let me know if you can't get them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:39 PM
OK - got them. I'll have a look this evening if I get some time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 4:03 AM
I put the last two files in and nothing is showing, is there another file that I need Andrew?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:40 AM
The new bottoms are just the old ones enabled for swimwear, so they may cause nothing new to show up. Could you delete all the old versions and see if that helps? You should have new tops though, because I haven't uploaded any earlier versions of them. They're all using base game Maxis meshes, so you shouldn't need any other files. The swimwear-enabled separates have to be bought as Everyday, but, once you have them in your wardrobe, you can change into them by using "Plan Outfit".

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:52 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Jun 2016 at 11:04 AM.
I think it's because I haven't got the old versions, this is AGS and I only have the last two files and none of the old ones. Nothing shows under swim or everyday.
If I grab the older files from my main game then they should show? I'll admit to never really understanding how this kind of clothing works.

I just reread what you put, that's true the old files didn't have tops. You know what, I've been packaging my Science Centre, just put it up tonight, what's to bet I had cc turned off and forgot about it. *douh* I will check and load up cas again.

Yep I'm a dolt. cc was turned off.

Looks good to me

Hang on, I just found a problem with one of the tops

Strap area and it's put a line at the top of her arm, which you can see in the photo above is not her skin.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#57 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:05 PM
Oh some nice pics from Jo - not sure what's going on with that strap though - also appeared fine in my game. Pics show CAS, choosing a swimsuit and wearing it
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:59 PM
The strap doesn't show that way for you? I do have a small handful of defaults in AGS, I will take them out and look again.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:25 AM
About those straps, Jo, could you have a look at the two Maxis versions of this top, and see if they have the same issues with the straps? The tankini top is used by Maxis in base game both for the tankini itself (Swimwear) and for an Everyday top. The Maxis Swimwear one uses an incorrect bump map. The Everyday top has no bump map. If you get the same distortion with the Maxis originals, there is probably nothing I can do about it. I am after all only trying to make the Maxis clothes available as swimwear-enabled separates, I am not trying to improve them. I include pictures below of my version and of the two Maxis originals, which may assist you to find them in the catalogue. You can also see how my version looks a little bit less sharp than either of the Maxis versions. You can also see that the separates meshes that Maxis used are a tiny bit fatter than the full outfit mesh used for the swimwear tankini. I may have used the texture and alpha from the swimwear tankini rather than from the Everyday top. I could try again using the Maxis separates versions, but I was under the impression that they were all identical. I notice more distortion of the straps on the Maxis top than on the full tankini. I might try editing the alpha and replace any grey pixels around the straps with black or white ones, hopefully giving a sharper outline.

I have used a model for this looking rather like yours, Jo, to make comparisons easier. How do you zoom in like that on the upper body? I can do that in Body Shop but not in CAS. Is that a mod, or is it something you get with the later EPs?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:40 AM
I know without looking that maxis clothes never look like the one I pictured above Andrew. I have my main game open right now not AGS (where your files are)

This is how the maxis one shows up in my main game

I can't look at it under tops as that one is defaulted. Not great, but not looking like the other one.

I will remove all the cc from AGS and take another look tomorrow. .
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#61 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 11:50 PM
I meant to post this earlier. I had a look at straps in CAS and this is what I got.
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM
Yours is also looking like mine which differs from the swimsuit I pictured above. The straps should look like my last picture.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#63 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 12:16 AM
Yeah - I'm guessing the alpha channel maybe?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yeah - I'm guessing the alpha channel maybe?
When I look at the strap in the alpha channel in close up, it looks like this:

I guess if I change those greys round it to black, it should make the outline crisper. I'll leave it till tomorrow though -- it's long after midnight!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 2:12 AM
That should work.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 12:32 PM

How does that look? I think it's a bit better. I sharpened up the alpha, changing all the greys to black or white. I then imported the revised alpha channel into the package file in SimPE, rather than go through Body Shop again. It has made the file bigger (61KB up from 29KB) even after Wardrobe Wrangler shrunk it, so the old alpha channel may be floating around in there somewhere. So possibly I really ought to create the file in Body Shop again.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some loss in quality every time the textures are exported. So it might be worth similarly sharpening up all the alpha bitmaps that way.

I attach the revised tankini top. Let me know what you think.

I see we've attracted the attention of the Disagree Troll. Disagreeing with every post in the thread. Clearly somebody who doesn't approve of bikinis at all -- it's probably Mrs. Crumplebottom herself!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RainbowTankiniTopRevised.zip (49.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Rainbow Tankini with improved alpha channel

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#67 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 12:40 PM
Well I clicked funny. ^

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:47 PM
Just tested the new one in game - you can see changing the alpha has cleaned up the straps in CAS. Interestingly, in the other picture, you can see two versions of the top in my game. The picture on the left is the new top as a swimsuit Andrew and the one on the right is the EAxis version of the top as everyday. You can see that in my game, the everyday version has the same alpha shading.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#69 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:53 PM
So, with this mod, it's possible to have separate tops and bottoms in the swimwear category? Or are these just "everyday" clothes?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#70 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 9:06 PM
As I understand it, Andrew is going to make them available as everyday and swimwear.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:30 AM
Wow, you have done a lot of work here since I last looked at this thread, Andrew! Looks great too, and seems like a job well done.

Sorry that I cannot be of much help - my recolor skills are at the bottom of the ladder, but you have some heavyweights in your corner here when it comes to creative people.

Mr or Ms Disagree probably is bored or has no life? Mrs Crumplebottom at least has one, and is at least good at hitting people over the head with her handbag
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#72 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
So, with this mod, it's possible to have separate tops and bottoms in the swimwear category? Or are these just "everyday" clothes?

There are quite a few separates now under both everyday and some other category, if you look up Skell you will find a lot.

~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
#73 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 11:50 AM
I didn't know it was possible to have separate tops and bottoms in other categories than Everyday... That's interesting! One more reason not to play The Sims 3.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#74 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I didn't know it was possible to have separate tops and bottoms in other categories than Everyday... That's interesting! One more reason not to play The Sims 3.

When you buy them, you buy them as everyday clothes and then you can use a wardrobe to change the outfit. When you do that, you find that there are now options for tops and bottoms under the swimwear category (or however the CC is categorised - you can have separate tops and bottoms in every category).

Trainee Moderator
#75 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 1:26 PM
Ooh! I can't wait to test this out.

My Simblr
Page 3 of 3