Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 8:26 PM
Default Mass-Member Private Message
Hi All,

We sent out a mass-member Private Message today just to keep everybody updated on the site rules and guidelines. This is in no way an individual message - so if you get one, it's not becuase you did anything wrong

Have a read of it, and thank you for using MTS2!

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Sandman01 : 20th Mar 2005 at 12:16 AM.
Yea I seen you set off my bot blocker, I'm a beta tester for Microsoft. I sent you to data base as friendly bot. When Microsoft releases the Antispyware program after July 31st some time your in data base as low risk.

More info at http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 12:22 AM
o.O

Why on earth would a private message on a single forum set off a bot blocker?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 1:37 AM
lol delphy wheni fisr got it i panicked so thanks for warning us:p
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:05 AM
Default It confused me
I got the welcome letter before I read your site news. It is pretty scary to get a letter like that.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:08 AM
I couldn't read it either....I just clicked "allow" MTS2 pop-ups but it was too late to read the message.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Sandman01 : 20th Mar 2005 at 2:21 AM.
Not trying to cause panic it was just a FYI.

But I'm glad it blocked 2 trojan bots off some other site the kids were on.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:26 AM
I know i'm going to sound dumb (i went to dictionary.com and looked it up), but what does "No typing in text/leet speak" mean?
#9 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:38 AM
Leet speak is ........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:49 AM
thanks iggy I'll try to stop! ( I usually only do like "u" for "you" or something.)
#11 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 2:58 AM
He probably meant "pop up blocker".
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 4:29 AM
No I'm beta tester and I mean bot blocker LOL
not pop-up-blocker
#13 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 5:16 AM
I got a bot blocker message as well. It scared the hebby jeebies right out of me as I lost my hard drive recently to a worm and have had my whole computer rebuilt. And it is only 4 months old. If it were not from MTS2, I would not have opened it.

So, I don't know why it set it off, but I have a ton of detector software on my machine now. That might be why.
Whew! I am breathing again, lol.

Thanks for the link Lab Assistant. I will go check it out.

And thanks Delphy for the awesome job you guys are doing here at MTS2!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 5:27 AM
Wow, has the site gotten so bad that you had to create a Bot to send a message to everyone explaining the rules and regulations? Or did you just do it out of consideration?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 6:12 AM Last edited by Sandman01 : 20th Mar 2005 at 6:18 AM.
I was just giving a FYI so when this antispyware is released by Microsoft and free to Microsoft users. SO Delphy isn't overwhelmed with pm's with same messages. And has time to check link above and see what I'm talking about and not wonder in August.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 6:40 AM
Maybe every time there is an announcement, it should be sent as PM as well.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fro99ie123
thanks iggy I'll try to stop! ( I usually only do like "u" for "you" or something.)

Fro99ie, I believe what is meant by "leet speak" doesn't so much include things like "u" for "you"... because most EVERYONE here does THAT. They were probably referring to words like "h3r3" where the "3s" represent "E"s I hope I've cleared that up

-"pandoraprincess80"
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:20 AM
Oh, by the way, Delphy, if this is not a personal message to some of us, indicating that we had done something wrong, then what determined which ones of us actually got this private message?
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 9:36 AM
damn i thought I did something wrong

)8) BADGIRL
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 10:22 AM
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All,

We sent out a mass-member Private Message today just to keep everybody updated on the site rules and guidelines. This is in no way an individual message - so if you get one, it's not becuase you did anything wrong

Have a read of it, and thank you for using MTS2!

Regards,
Delphy

Read Through and Downloaded the Beta Version - Great - It Found and Removed SpyWare and reset Browser settings - Fast and Efficient - Hats off to Microsoft and to MTS2 Team
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 11:27 AM
pandoraprincess,

It was sent to everybody in the "Registered Members" group - in other words, everybody except staff
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 12:01 PM
Ohh a private message! DIE pop up blocker!
Delphy,
Thanks for the private message. Am always proud of MTS2 and all its staff. Not forgetting those who frequent it. You lads and lassies are truly talented people. Where would useless simmers like me be without you guys? ( in hell probably. lol)
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 12:59 PM
Maybe I'm and idiot, but when I signed on this morning, I got the PM box and I had to click to allow pop ups from this site, I'm running 2 firewalls and 2 pop up blockers and my anti virus and 2x weekly 2 spyware removers-(I've had issues with worms too) BUT,,, What the heck is a Bot Blocker?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#24 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 1:07 PM
I would have thought the server was having enough of a struggle as it is, without spamming everyone by PM. IMHO that's an abuse of the PM system.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 1:31 PM
Drunkmonkeysmom
A bot-blocker is spybot and addbot detecter and remover developed by Microsoft to counter the new Phase of trojan and 900# diailer bots used by hackers. Some Web sites use Data miner cookies to Help you on thier sites to track what adds you have seen or pages you have read. If you need more INfO. use link and do a little reading and watch trailer on Microsoft's Site. It works like a POP-UP blocker but is Bot Specific.
Page 1 of 3