Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:13 PM
Default Different Planes = Different Alpha?
Hi all

Okay, in blender, when you create a plane, it already has both faces on both sides, unlike Milkshape. So, in that case, how are you supposed to create the differences between the Alpha's, for example ''hair_alpha 3'' for the inside and ''hair_alpha7'' for the outside?
If that makes any sense.

Thanks, have a great day!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 12:24 PM
I never worked with Blender, I could not tell.
And yes, it makes perfect sense.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 4:25 PM
Only one side of the plane will have normals (be textured). If you set the Draw Type to textured you'll see which side. You create the differences for the parts in SimPe, in the GMDC on the groups tab you set the name of the part and more importantly the Opacity value. The name can be set in Blender but it's easier and more reliable in SimPE as longer names will be truncated on export/import anyway.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Only one side of the plane will have normals (be textured). If you set the Draw Type to textured you'll see which side. You create the differences for the parts in SimPe, in the GMDC on the groups tab you set the name of the part and more importantly the Opacity value. The name can be set in Blender but it's easier and more reliable in SimPE as longer names will be truncated on export/import anyway.

Alright thanks, I'll try that
Oh yeah about the exporting, I wanted to export it into milkshape ( To see something about the UV mapping, because it SEEMS like blender doesn't take the tips of the hair, so it's only a block texture :# ) BUT I got this very same problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUT2fLa9_Y

However that one didn't work either! Do you think it could be because of the names?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I never worked with Blender, I could not tell.
And yes, it makes perfect sense.

No worries please! Okay good thing it was clear.
I MAINLY decided to use blender because it has a thing called ''loop cut'' witch made the whole thing easier xD
Also, I'm hoping the animations (For the hair to bounce around) in blender are smoother, though I don't know if that depends on the program or the game itself....
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 12:27 PM
I am not 100% sure, since like I said..I do not have Blender. But animating hair is a matter of assinging the vertices to more than one bone...
Look here, Step 5 Animation
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=252950

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I am not 100% sure, since like I said..I do not have Blender. But animating hair is a matter of assinging the vertices to more than one bone...
Look here, Step 5 Animation
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=252950

OOH awesome okay thanks! :D

I've had SO much trouble finding these assigning tutorials