Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd May 2006 at 4:44 AM
Thanks for this BoblishMan. I remember there used to also be a "Community Sub-Sort" field (but that was back before even Uni). The only way I have ever been successfull in doing this was to clone an object that appeared in the community catalogue and make most sort fields of any kind identical to the cloned object I was using for referance. This was because I noticed that objects didn't used to like to appear if they were sorted certian ways in the residential catalogue. I think this was probably due to some faulty Maxian programming that has since been fixed. Anyway I would have continued to use my usual methood if it were not for this tute, so thanx - much fewer steps this way.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd May 2006 at 5:49 AM Last edited by ahmird2 : 3rd May 2006 at 7:36 AM.
By the way, the disapearance of the community sub-sort field, I think, may be due to the evolution of SimPE. As I do not have my computer with me and the internal workings of SimPE are something I now know nothing about, I can only suspect there may be some small chance that this entire phenominon may be a result of the evolution of the SimPE itself. (I have been using SimPE since it wasn't much more than a hex editor customized to deal with *.package files.)
If either aspects of this phenominon are because of Maxian spaghetti-code I have no idea of, at what point it was changed. The reason I bring this up is because there are still people out there who run only the base game and with no patches at that (for whatever reason) and if it is Maxis code that is responsible, this methood will not work for these people. If this depends on which version of SimPE one uses, BoblishMan's methood would work in any case. I am away from home right now and cannot test my speculations. Next week my wife will arrive with my PC and I will be able to easilly test this out. If you're not still running the RAW base game, testing this will normally require one to uninstall and then reinstall just the base game - and at that maby a base game that was bought before the release of the base game patches. My computer is set up in a way that allows me to install the base game again without un-installing, and to run the base game without it being affected by the other installation of it - so I will test this at my earliest convienance. I will post my findings here if no one has beat me to it by then.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 2:48 PM
Bless You...
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:47 AM
Boblishman,

You have been such a great help, but I just need to know....do you put the BAK.file or the package file into the downloads folder? I put in the BAK file and I hope that it is the right one.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 7:47 AM
The .BAK file is just a backup that SimPE creates for safety (in case you want to revert the package to the status it had before last saving). When you have finished editing the package, and it works, there is no need to keep the .bak file: it can be safely deleted. In any case, it is not supposed to be copied in the Downloads (it won't harm, but it won't be read by the game either).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 11:13 PM
Thanks so much, I can't wait to see if it worked ( If I did it correctly
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:34 AM
Hey is there any way to make collection folders to be availables on commercial lots?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#33 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:37 PM
You need to open the collection package with SimPE, select the only COLL (Collection) file within the package, and lastly edit the "Type" value from collection to communitylotcollection. Commit and save.

In case you are wondering: as far as I know it's NOT possible to make a collection available to both residential and community lots at the same time: you have to copy the collection, assigning it another name, and then edit it as explained above.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 6:17 AM
Numenor,
Thank you very much once again. I am okay with certain collections only being available on community lots, such as community lot shop collections. However, thank you very much for the warning as well. I am gonna go try to start up the game and see if I did it correctly.
Thank you again
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 5:48 AM
I was wondering, those files that appear after you recategorize an object, do I need to keep those? Can I delete them?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#36 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:28 PM
whick files? The ".bak"? They are only a useless backup copy of the package. Delete them.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:32 AM
Thanx Numenor. If you weren;t aware of this I would like to state that you are an amazing helpful indvidual and alsways to answer my questoins (no matter how stupid they are). May the sims G-d bless. LOL
Inventor
#38 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 10:46 PM
Thank you for this tutorial. I was looking for a way to make objects available on community lots and wondered why only some didn't show up in the Buy cataloque. I did noticed that some of the MaxisHolidayPack2005 objects like the Fireworks are not in the normal Buy cataloque on CommunityLots but can be put for sale if you first go into OFB Wholesalemode just like with cars. Now I hope to be able to sell Echo's ValentineChocolateBox in my little Chocolaterie.
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th May 2007 at 5:41 AM
YAY. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 5:28 PM
so....does it mean that if i want..i can build a car store, where my simmies could BUY a car ?...then come back home with it ?

if i categorise all my cars to be available in community lots/shopping ?

that would be great ! and i could also build a furniture store.....

Is it really possible ?

Thank you,
Rosemary
sorry...very new to sims2....
Field Researcher
#41 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
so....does it mean that if i want..i can build a car store, where my simmies could BUY a car ?...then come back home with it ?

To Build a car-store, you need OFB and follow this steps
1) Open the Business panel by clicking on the rightmost button, as shown in the picture.
2) Click on the "Lock" icon (by doing this, you force the game to consider *any* object taken from the catalog as "object to be placed for sale": all the icons in the catalog will have a yellow background).
3) Open the catalog, go to the section Misc / Cars and you will finally be able to put on sale the cars.
4) When done, click again the "Lock" icon, so to switch to normal game.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 9:33 PM
Thank you MaryLou !

but i don't have OFB....
too bad

Rosemary
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 9:35 PM
wich version of MilkShape do i need ?
and if anyone knows how to make sims2 objects with Anim8or....i am using it, but to turn what i do into sim objects...that i don't !!!

Thank you,
Rosemary
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:49 PM
Can you make Maxis stuff available on community lots?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:02 AM
greenocean..I think the answer to your question, is the very first message, in this thread..

Rosemary :0)
Forum Resident
#46 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:26 PM
I'm so sorry to necro an old thread, but I've scoured this thread and abused the Google search, and I haven't found anything to answer this. I recently downloaded an amazing community lot phone here that I would love to put on some of my residential lots. How can I make a community object appear in the residential catalog? What value must be changed? I'm afraid I'm a little clueless here. D:
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 4:31 PM
Erm, in my game the residental objects are already available on community lots. Or is it because of BV?
Anyway, is there way to get community objects on a residental lot?

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(''')(''')
Test Subject
#48 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:09 PM
Hi,how do I for the phone to operate in the community lot?
Thank you.
Instructor
#49 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:58 AM
how do u make communitylot objects available on residental lots?
Instructor
#50 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 11:42 AM
To make Maxis community objects available on residential lots, follow Phaenoh's tutorial to extract the main OBJD of the object and import it into a new file. (Note Numenor's comment in Post #16). Then change the catalogue placement of the object as you want - see the last but one picture in the tutorial.
You'll want to put the final package NOT in your regular Downloads but in your Programme files where the game is installed: LastExpansion/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins to avoid getting a custom star on the object. Make sure that the package file name starts with a Z.
If it's custom object, just open it up in SimPE and edit the OBJD. Commit, save and you're done.
Page 2 of 3