Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#276 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:41 AM
LGR's review is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9j7CBrOrQ
I enclose a picture of Hot Tub Town, aka Newcrest.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#277 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
They're saving the rooks and bishops for another pack.

Gotta collect em all.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#278 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Pfft. Child's play compared to the woohoo/make out animations in TS2 XD

YES! That make out on sofa/couch! I need it back. And slow dance and that hop-on-hand hug (what was the name?)...
Alchemist
#279 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 11:36 AM
Do you mean "leap into arms"?
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:20 PM
Hmm, will they add a chess board rug and all the other chess pieces in the "Chess Sruff Pack"? 'Cause I want my Sims to be decked up in Chess stuff? Also, I want a deck of cards for rugs or furniture next.
Field Researcher
#281 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:46 PM
I don't understand the inclusion of those chess piece lamps. They are pretty hideous in my opinion and they don't fit the patio theme at all. I hope we don't see more in the future.
Inventor
#282 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 7:43 PM
I feel like they are props for a showtime ep and other wise out of place. You could also use them as statues at a library

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#283 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 12:21 AM
I find it rather disappointing that my sim receives no increase in fun while in the hot tub. I always liked the "oooh, bubbles..." buff in TS3. The aromatherapy doesn't seem to do much, either. If my sim is the least bit cranky, he/she jumps right back out of the tub and mopes about aimlessly. An "invite to join" function would be nice, too.
Instructor
#284 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
So, no recliners/chaise lounges?

Weird that they used to come w/base game and TS3 SP:Outdoor Living had one as well. Even stranger the fact that our sims currently have no "relax" interaction for beds. And with no "relax" interaction our sims can't cuddle and make out in bed, I wonder if the reason we don't have these animations yet is because they want to make it "suitable" for children(playing the game) or that they simply have other priorities right now. I remember a modder "unlocked" the "relax" interaction with his "same energy for all beds mod" but that interaction didn't work with multitasking so sims couldn't watch tv, read books, use phones or tablets.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Forum Resident
#285 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:56 AM
I used to be able to do this, but can't anymore:

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Field Researcher
#286 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Weird that they used to come w/base game and TS3 SP:Outdoor Living had one as well. Even stranger the fact that our sims currently have no "relax" interaction for beds. And with no "relax" interaction our sims can't cuddle and make out in bed, I wonder if the reason we don't have these animations yet is because they want to make it "suitable" for children(playing the game) or that they simply have other priorities right now. I remember a modder "unlocked" the "relax" interaction with his "same energy for all beds mod" but that interaction didn't work with multitasking so sims couldn't watch tv, read books, use phones or tablets.

You can cuddle, makeout, give massage, and more on the bed. They have to be sitting on it together first to do it.
Instructor
#287 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
You can cuddle, makeout, give massage, and more on the bed. They have to be sitting on it together first to do it.

I know that. It's not the same thing though, you can cuddle and makeout in bed as you do in a couch, the same animations and interactions. If you played previous games you know what I was referring to.

Mad Poster
#288 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
I used to be able to do this, but can't anymore:

Man, I miss that. Now the bedroom televisions are just there for decoration :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#289 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:31 PM
Weird that they used to come w/base game and TS3 SP:Outdoor Living had one as well. Even stranger the fact that our sims currently have no "relax" interaction for beds. And with no "relax" interaction our sims can't cuddle and make out in bed, I wonder if the reason we don't have these animations yet is because they want to make it "suitable" for children(playing the game)

Yup. And 'dat teen interaction, Mess Around, sure seems E10+ to me!
Instructor
#290 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101
Yup. And 'dat teen interaction, Mess Around, sure seems E10+ to me!

Well, we don't really see anything and it's just them reusing the YA/A animation/interaction and renaming it. They can't make up their minds. Woohoo skill is removed from game because "that is not the kind of game they want to make" but then they do a woohoo challenge. Better not try to understand them or me.

Back on topic:
I was really hoping they would make recliners come back in this SP. And as Shimrod said here
There's already a relax and daydream interaction, animation and posture in game but it's not activated yet. I assume it'll be the same when recliners are finally back(and maybe there would be more postures cycling so it looks more convincing instead of sims laying there immobile — there are a few different postures for sitting), it's just not complete, no multitask or anything. There's also a moodlet for relaxing in bed. Cuddling and making out in bed in TS4 is less important than relaxing in recliners, it would make sense for 'tense' sims to lay down for a bit, drink some tea, read a book, stuff like that(emotion gameplay), you know, that's why I'm puzzled why they're not back yet.

Perhaps in some pool stuff pack?

Field Researcher
#291 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:11 AM
I know that. It's not the same thing though, you can cuddle and makeout in bed as you do in a couch, the same animations and interactions. If you played previous games you know what I was referring to.

Yes I've played all sims games.
Instructor
#292 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:01 AM
I feel bad for reviving this thread, but if I hadn't, someone else probably would.

It seems like the TS4 title "cool kitchen" will be hitting the shelves sometime in the future. SimsVIP report that Amazon Canada has listed it as a bundle together with Outdoor Retreat called Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat & Cool Kitchen.

Whether it's a GP or SP remains to be seen, but to me it sounds more like an SP.

Pure speculation: Dishwashers and trash compactors incoming mayhaps?
Theorist
#293 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
Judging by the bundle price and the name of the new pack it is more than certain a stuff pack.

Additionally, I could see the october patch including 1 or 2 new generic dishwashers and one generic trash compactor, and the stuff pack coming with 1 or 2 variations of the dishwasher and compactor. As for new gameplay (if the dishwasher/compactors are not advertised as such) then I'd say maybe a waffle maker, deep frier, snow cone/ice cream machine, or maybe even a double decker oven/wall mounted oven, also as a personal want/hope a wall-mounted microwave please! Mind you, those last two wouldn't necessarily be new gameplay.

Anyways, I hope the October release is true because the back to back we just had/whatever is coming at Gamescom, my wallet needs a break!

EDIT: Just realized the bundle is supposed to be released on October 20th, which means the SP could smack us anytime between now and then. :sigh
Inventor
#294 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM
I was feeling unethusiatic about this potential stuff pack but now you have made me very excited for it TMBrandon. I didn't even think of dishwashers and trash compactors or even any of those other amazing possible items (aside from the deep fry). Would love Iit if this pack added restaurants to the venue list but I highly doubt it. @.@ wait if my guess is right and the next ep is a late night variant then maybe we will get restaurants and this pack is to tie in with it so we would get hyped for them both. If it is it's working.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#295 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:55 AM
We need certain countertops for dishwashers and trash compactor. What if they patch on free standing countertops?

Cool kitchen sounds like a decent enough pack. It'll probably be modern as all hell. Lord knows we need another fridge with a glass door. Add a double oven or a cooktop or something.

Edit: Also, that is the dumbest bundle of content. Kitchens and camping? Kitchens and Patios sounds best.

Edit 2: I bet the kitchen pack has an ottoman in it. Gotta love ottomans..

Theorist
#296 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We need certain countertops for dishwashers and trash compactor. What if they patch on free standing countertops?

Cool kitchen sounds like a decent enough pack. It'll probably be modern as all hell. Lord knows we need another fridge with a glass door. Add a double oven or a cooktop or something.

Edit: Also, that is the dumbest bundle of content. Kitchens and camping? Kitchens and Patios sounds best.

Edit 2: I bet the kitchen pack has an ottoman in it. Gotta love ottomans..

I was also thinking about that combo, and the only way I could see it working is if it was like country style kitchen so it could somewhat fit in with the outdoorsy atmosphere?

Also kitchen ottomans ftw! They'd fit nice and snug at the breakfast table by the window bay
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#297 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:23 AM
Do ottomans even work with tables?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#298 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 5:39 PM
So... Cool Kitchen is actually a thing, and we have dishwashers added to the game for free. The gameplay object here is an ice cream maker.

Am I greedy for expecting 2 kitchen styles with generic accessories to match both, similar to Kitchen & Bath stuff?

Scholar
#299 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:00 PM
Yay, I just saw the SimsVIP post - sounds awesome, and we do get the dishwashers for free as matrix54 said.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#300 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
But, do we get free standing counters to go along with it? I'd imagine if we did, EA would have to update all of the existing counters.

Page 12 of 141