Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:19 AM
These posts are more entertaining than the actual game! "fashion impaired pimp" "Glitter The Night Away" "...mustard and ketchup..." y'all got me to where I can't stop laughing! Oh boy, that was a good laugh! I'm curious to see what EA will do next and how you guys react because this right here...I'm still laughing!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#177 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
As for the suit. Well, I can't picture even a fashion impaired pimp would be caught wearing something like that. Unless that glasslike stuff is really some metallic weave that serves as ballistic protection. Even then, honestly, I'd rather just take the bullet than walk around in that.

It's interesting that for the first EP, they were pretty ambitious. They knew they needed to make up lost ground, and put a lot of effort into those active careers, and even the retail OFB stuff, flawed as it might have been. But this for their first SP, even at only $10, makes me really wonder if they even care if folks buy this stuff or not.

this whole post had me rolling, but I just quoted the two bits I wanted to address

I think you could even "dress up" a Khevlar Vest to look more fashionable than that cheap pimp suit, probably no need to take a bullet, though I can definitely see your point.
As an example, THIS SUIT is bulletproof. No need for el cheapo broken glass protection

Secondly... I didn't think they were ambitious for the first EP. Primarily because I don't think they were careers that should have been stripped from the base game and then sold back to you, but, that's a whole other topic that is probably best I not stir up in the Stuff Pack thread.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Alchemist
#178 Old 20th May 2015 at 6:27 AM
Maybe it's a Snuff Pack, done by hidden Ninjas who work undetected at EA. "Hiiyaa! Take that, game I have to work on!"
Instructor
#179 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:21 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 21st May 2015 at 6:36 AM.
this is what ea think luxurious people wear? they need to get out more!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#180 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:10 AM
Just saw LGR review about the new stuff pak and I was not very impressed. I liked the fountain which may be filled with chocolate or beverages and some of the female dresses, however, for now, I do not think it is worth buying it, at least for me.
I am going to accompany the development of this game and see how it goes, but I am not sure about supporting this franchise anymore.
Even though I may play the game from time to time, I will just stick to my sims 2 games.
Field Researcher
#181 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:10 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 20th May 2015 at 1:35 PM.
I could see using some of it. The makeup is weird looking, and I'd never put it on the human sims, but it could look interesting on aliens. The problem is that I don't actually play any aliens in my game so that's pretty worthless. A couple of the dresses are decent, but not useful except for very super specific things. The most useful stuff to me would be the hair (especially the douchy dude hair) for character purposes, some of the bling, and the banquet table. I'm not sure though that it's ten bucks worth of useful, but I might pick it up if it ever goes on sale.

Edit: Heh, I see the simmers over on tumblr have already got my back when it comes to the hair, so there's even less reason to buy it now. LOL.
Field Researcher
#182 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:22 PM
I don't know if I buy it...
Seems that there are only a few things (clothing, make-up, furniture, jewelry...) that I don't really need.
And my personal opinion is, that some talented modders could do better things than this.
#183 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
This dress would be so much better if the sides weren't cut and it and didn't have....whatever those lines are. I guess that's supposed to be sequin.

EA are being tacky as usual.... -__-

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Forum Resident
#184 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:14 PM
I don't really have an issue with any of the content that was included. I'm sure I will find a use for it eventually, even the atrocious makeup. The problem I have is that EA continues to cater only to YA's/A's in the game and totally ignore the other life stages. Would it have killed them to include something - anything - for the kids? Or even something more appropriate for the elders? I just can't picture Gramps regaling the young ladies with tales of his latest bout with shingles at the oozing cheese fountain in his sequined suit and brotastic silver coif. Maybe it's just me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#185 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
EA are being tacky as usual.... -__-

Sometimes, and I even felt this way about TS3 stuff packs and the TS3 store, I just want them to make a couch. No weird shapes and curves or strange designs - just a fucking couch, sans the bells and whistles. Something that we can get some mileage out of.

For example:

Just look at how this set is simple, but stylish. It's design encompasses elements past and present, new and old, designer and traditional. You can take a piece of this set and use it most everywhere, from an upper class to lower class. This is the kind of stuff we need more of, and it was a god send for EA to have even designed such a set. CAST makes it even better.

Signature staple pieces are fine when you want to accent a room, but when you have more signature pieces than normal furniture, you're room's going to look a hot mess. The picture above has genuine balance. Everything looks good in it's own right, but your eye is drawn to certain items, no others, but everything there is flexible. It's genuinely perfect and actually blends well with TS3's base game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#186 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:28 PM
Oh my God! The textures and lighting in TS3 are wonderful! Everything looks so good! Why does the game itself have to run like shit for me? WHY!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#187 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:15 PM
I really wish they would figure out what people really want. We want BASIC SHIT. Hairstyles and clothes that can be used in everyday. Basic furniture that can be mixed and matched without it looking too out of place. Seriously, a stuff pack that just matches furniture would be worth the $10. There are so many random pieces that have nothing to match with that I often wonder if they were drunk and high while thinking up these concepts.
One Minute Ninja'd
#188 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Oh my God! The textures and lighting in TS3 are wonderful! Everything looks so good! Why does the game itself have to run like shit for me? WHY!?

Hey, the said they specifically chose to go with "less high frequency" textures as a design choice. But those two simple sets from the Store (of all places) do look pretty good. I actually got the living room one, and those sofas are extremely versatile, depending on your texture and color choices.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#189 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:25 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 21st May 2015 at 12:47 AM.
Precisely.

I think some of the designers can get a little bored at work and a simple item wont cut it. When you consider fan favorites, it's probably things you can mix and match.

I will forever love certain stuff packs for the amount of flexibility they provide. Kitchen and Bath stuff is sitting nice and high on the list. IKEA, Outdoor Living, Celebration Stuff, Mansion and Garden, etc.

Glamour Life, not so much.

Theorist
#190 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Precisely.

I think some of the designers can get a little board at work and a simple item wont cut it. When you consider fan favorite, its probably things you can mix and match.

I will forever love certain stuff packs for the amount of flexibility they provide. Kitchen and Bath stuff is sitting nice and high on the list. IKEA, Outdoor Living, Celebration Stuff, Mansion and Garden, etc.

Glamour Life, not so much.

IKEA and the H&M Pack were my two favorites .. like ever. I'd use that stuff constantly.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#191 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:41 AM
IKEA and Target stuff packs would perfectly suit the lifestyles of 90% of my sims.

EA, make it so.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#192 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:50 AM
Well, the Sims is used to therapeutically live vicariously through the Sims themselves, so if you don't have an expansion based on being someone uberrich, why make an expansion at all?

Top Secret Researcher
#193 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
I'm trying to imagine what skin tone would best compliment the subtle nuances of the ketchup and mustard color palette...Is jaundice an option?

Finally, a lipstick that is pefect with the hotdog costume. A hotdog costume is fine for a fancy party, right?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#194 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:29 AM
I think TS2's Glamour Life hit the "rich" points much better than this iteration's attempt.

Glamour Life had lovely outfits, with tons of suits and dresses. Satin textures looked like satin. I don't believe there was any sequin outfits in it (seriously, do rich people actually wear sequins? I couldn't stand wearing them at my first ballet recital when I was 4, let alone now). I remember there was also this one fur dress for adult females that looked absolutely spot on with the whole "I'm richer than you, I own this entire darn town" idea.

I would have actually bought something that was more along the lines of Glamour Life. I can't possibly afford to buy a satin ballgown IRL, even if I wanted to. But I do like my Sims looking stylish as all hell. Sequins and hotdog-colored makeup don't count, either.
Theorist
#195 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
seriously, do rich people actually wear sequins? .

The Real Housewives of (insert region). That's all I'm gonna say lol

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#196 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealLovecat
The Real Housewives of (insert region). That's all I'm gonna say lol

But the question now is... ...are they really that rich? Or are they just pretending to be rich by wearing sequins instead of fur, leather, or satin?

Surely sequins can't be that expensive. They have the adherence of chapstick. You breathe, they fall off. You sit, they fall off. By the time the evening is over, you look like a balding chicken.

Do you see why I avoid sequins with every fiber in my body?
Forum Resident
#197 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
But the question now is... ...are they really that rich? Or are they just pretending to be rich by wearing sequins instead of fur, leather, or satin?

Surely sequins can't be that expensive. They have the adherence of chapstick. You breathe, they fall off. You sit, they fall off. By the time the evening is over, you look like a balding chicken.

Do you see why I avoid sequins with every fiber in my body?

Celebs do wear sequins. Celebs always make me go "WHYYY?" when it comes to their fashion choices. If I had that much money I would be wearing the most basic, classy dresses ever.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/...ing-Dresses.jpg

http://www.prommagics.com/upfile/Ce...ity%20Dress.jpg

Though to be fair taylor swift imo is probably one of the better dressers when it comes to celebs and she rocked sequins too, but hers wasn't over done. It looked very basic and classy.

http://cosmeticsideas.com/wp-conten...n-Dresses-7.jpg

ETA: I have no idea how to cut so I just put the links.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:00 AM
Sequins are lovely depending on the lighting of the venue. They can add a nice touch to an ensemble.

Sequins are not the issue - Babie's First Bedazzler is the issue. A SINGLE sequined dress would have been fine. Nope - They even got glitter on the damn curtains... even the food on the banquet table sparkles.

Forum Resident
#199 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:05 AM
Wild bedazzler on the loose. Please stay inside until the situation is contained.
Forum Resident
#200 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Well, the Sims is used to therapeutically live vicariously through the Sims themselves, so if you don't have an expansion based on being someone uberrich, why make an expansion at all?

Uh, because I'm uberrich and want to live vicariously through the unwashed masses?
Page 8 of 141