Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#201 Old 21st May 2015 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Well, the Sims is used to therapeutically live vicariously through the Sims themselves, so if you don't have an expansion based on being someone uberrich, why make an expansion at all?
This is why I didn't make yucky poor people in any of my TS3 worlds. Who wants art that imitates and explores life as it really is? Ew. No thanks.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:18 AM
I like exploring different lives other than the ultra wealthy or even the upper middle class. I'm interested in the more common experience and those who struggle to balance time and money in their lives. Having little resources, yet managing to make do with less and build resources from a starting point of next to nothing appeals to me so much that I quickly get bored with my wealthy Sims and tend to start families over and over again just for the experience.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#203 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:03 AM
This pack isn't for everyday use. It did allow me to revamp "The Solar Flare". This pack really fits for a swanky lounge.

P.S. It's kinda funny seeing all theses comment "we don't want glamour" "more cheaper living stuff" "what about the commom man" when all the cc I ever see on tsr and tumblr is glamourous & expensive looking
Mad Poster
#204 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
This pack isn't for everyday use. It did allow me to revamp "The Solar Flare". This pack really fits for a swanky lounge.

P.S. It's kinda funny seeing all theses comment "we don't want glamour" "more cheaper living stuff" "what about the commom man" when all the cc I ever see on tsr and tumblr is glamourous & expensive looking
Great use of the content! I like the idea of updating the hot spots in the town.

In terms of what you're seeing available for downloads, I'm not surprised, although I see both. I'm sure EA made this pack knowing that lots of players love to play rich Sims. So many Simmers I talk to, especially the younger ones, give their Sims all kinds of money off the bat. I'll play rich Sims some, but they aren't as fun for me as the poorer ones, nor are they as interesting, usually. I could go for some period richness, however. I would love to see more antiques in the game. I think that's some of the appeal of the Goths for me, their old wealth and accumulation of older items suggesting a long history.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#205 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:37 AM
TSR isn't the only fan site. Looking across the community, there's as wide array of iterm types, not just luxury.

Also, luxury items are easier to make than mondane objects due to polygon usage.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#206 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:34 PM

You are right, it isn't for everyday use. The problem is, it fits a niche that is already adequately filled by the base game. I spend a lot of time searching download sites for things that fill other niches--poor, Asian, African, from some other period of history, alien, space.
Deceased
#207 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
You are right, it isn't for everyday use. The problem is, it fits a niche that is already adequately filled by the base game. I spend a lot of time searching download sites for things that fill other niches--poor, Asian, African, from some other period of history, alien, space.

Agreed, I didn't pick the pack up myself as I also felt there was already plenty in the base game to fill that niche.

Plus I was upset as I'd heard EA was planning the next one would either be a new Katy Perry Even Sweeter Treats pack or Cthulhu's Temple of Madness -- both of which I'm still eager to see released.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:08 PM

Well it's much easier to edit what already exists, rather than making something from scratch. Recolouring is easier than meshing and frankenmeshing is easier than making something from scratch. Most of the new meshes I see are edits of what already exists, so if all that exists is luxury stuff, that's what most of the CC is going to be. If there's ever a TS4 IKEA stuff pack, I can see the CC community coming out with a ton of extra add-ons using it as a starting point, just like they did when the TS2 IKEA SP came out.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Well it's much easier to edit what already exists, rather than making something from scratch. Recolouring is easier than meshing and frankenmeshing is easier than making something from scratch. Most of the new meshes I see are edits of what already exists, so if all that exists is luxury stuff, that's what most of the CC is going to be. If there's ever a TS4 IKEA stuff pack, I can see the CC community coming out with a ton of extra add-ons using it as a starting point, just like they did when the TS2 IKEA SP came out.

I would kill for an IKEA stuff pack, considering how IKEA is all about simplicity and basic designs I think it would go really really well with TS4's cartoony look. A lot (like 80%) of my buy mode CCs are IKEA conversions from TS2.
Mad Poster
#210 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:35 PM
There are conversions!? I need to look for them right now.
One Minute Ninja'd
#211 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
I would kill for an IKEA stuff pack, considering how IKEA is all about simplicity and basic designs I think it would go really really well with TS4's cartoony look. A lot (like 80%) of my buy mode CCs are IKEA conversions from TS2.

And certainly if you stick with the simple, laminated surface objects, it works well in a "less high frequency" art style rendering.
Inventor
#212 Old 21st May 2015 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Plus I was upset as I'd heard EA was planning the next one would either be a new Katy Perry Even Sweeter Treats pack or Cthulhu's Temple of Madness -- both of which I'm still eager to see released.

I never even used the stuff that came with the last Katy Perry's Sweet Treat pack. I do like the idea of a Katy Perry themed pack but unless we get a showtime or superstar ep/gp I don't see how I'll actually uses it... I'm know I'm gonna get it though. Damn you Katy Perry why you gotta so pretty
Forum Resident
#213 Old 21st May 2015 at 7:55 PM

TRS I agree, but tumblr? I find a ton of basic clothing items. Though crop tops seem to be in because I have like 500 crop tops in my game. But really nearly everything in my game is basic or classy stuff. Not into high fashion I guess.
Mad Poster
#214 Old 21st May 2015 at 9:01 PM

Because TSR is the only place we get CC from :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#215 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Because TSR is the only place we get CC from :/

I rarely use TSR at all. I'm not about to disable my adblocker, but I'm also not going to hang around for a minute if they're not going to let me view my other tabs either. I'll stick to Tumblr and MTS unless it's something I really really really like. Still, as most of what they post is circa-2004 photoskinning, it's not much of an issue.
Instructor
#216 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I rarely use TSR at all. I'm not about to disable my adblocker, but I'm also not going to hang around for a minute if they're not going to let me view my other tabs either. I'll stick to Tumblr and MTS unless it's something I really really really like. Still, as most of what they post is circa-2004 photoskinning, it's not much of an issue.

I use TSR even though the adds are a pain in the azz but I get almost all of my CC here on MTS :lovestruc

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Top Secret Researcher
#217 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:45 PM
WTHeck- Amazon has the Lux Party SP for sale as a DD? Didn't a guru say it was only available through Origin?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Inventor
#218 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:20 AM
They never said origin only just digital download only. It's also on Gamestop according to SimsVIP

http://simsvip.com/2015/05/20/purch...ff-at-gamestop/
Instructor
#219 Old 22nd May 2015 at 4:28 AM
what the fuck is with all the glitter. they might as well release a drag queen pack next.

I feel like I haven't missed much. I left the sims once again.
Instructor
#220 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:40 AM

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#221 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
what the fuck is with all the glitter. they might as well release a drag queen pack next..
Actually a drag queen pack would have merit. It might even pull in a new demographic of players.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#222 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:25 PM
I wouldn't buy it (Because drag in several shades of excessive for personal minimalist taste), but I'm quite sure it'll pull it'll make waves. I bet EA would ruin it entirely. They couldn't even get luxury parties right.

Luxury Parties. It's a party with more fabric, not sequins.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#223 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:43 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 22nd May 2015 at 4:16 PM.
Oh my God! I can see them making a drag queen pack now and inadvertently offending sooooo many people with how out of touch they are. I wouldn't trust this team to make any kind of pack about an entire culture because it'll just be ripe with bad puns and stereotypes (that I'd probably find hilarious. Unintentionally offensive humor is usually the best kind) that would piss sooooo many people off XD

Speaking of which, remember that cross dressing sim from the University trailer? What ever happened with that? As far as I know, sims in TS3 were never actually able to do dress like the opposite gender without any CC.

Field Researcher
#224 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:55 PM
What kills me is that they even put sequins on the curtains. Like... has anyone in the history of ever done that?

Edit : Never mind. I just googled it. It's apparently a thing XD (But still.. a luxury thing?)
Mad Poster
#225 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:57 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 22nd May 2015 at 4:07 PM.
It's not really luxury so much as what a little kid thinks luxury is. Like the gurus asked their children what they think rich people wear.

"Shiny stuff! Lots of shiny stuff!"

Page 9 of 141