Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Welcome To Retroville! A FULL Neighborhood Themed Set*Now with B&W cars!*

by The Mod Squad Posted 25th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM - Updated 29th May 2008 at 8:09 AM by MTS2Staff : Fixed inline image

478 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 20
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:02 AM
Great work man that must of took you a while i love the chevy sofa its my fav
Test Subject
#77 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:14 AM
:wow: These things look so cool.thanx :D
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#78 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:18 AM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 28th Jul 2005 at 11:28 AM.
If you see flashing blue in the lots, go up to post number 8 and download the content files (or just click these ):

http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=98602
http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=98611
http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=99357
http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=99362

Flashing blue means the lot is using content that you don't currently have.

Give this a shot! :D

Enjoy!
Scholar
#79 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:25 AM
What a great idea! I love this theme! You have creative minds, and thank you for all this great work!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:36 AM
Urghh... I just saw this post, and I dont know what to say. Well I can start with fantastic, this is sooooo friggin awsome!!! I love theme neighborhoods, I cincerely do! Good job all that worked on this project, its exactly what keeps this community alive.

I soo would love to see a Moonbase Alpha based theme made in the future, epsecially since there are so many cool lamps and such now, or why not Star Wars... *hint hint hint* ;-)

"Sims2 is life... all the rest is just details!"
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:45 AM
yay lava lamps! I'v been waitng for these for like, ever!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:55 AM
This Set is just great! I want everything! But now I have to download almost 50 mb's with a 56k modem! yay, fun ......
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:02 PM
I am soooo impressed, you guys are incredible
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:11 PM
WOW!! Another great set(s) from this wonderful site
2 questions and an observation tho

The drive-in, is it university only? I noticed that the original was, so I am wondering was this one fixed so it can be used by non-ep players as well?
I did download it, but it would be nice to know before having my game crash.

The mesh for the coke signs that is from reflex sims, is it the mesh that is part of the Trance set?

And the link for Lucy goes to a staff-only link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal:
Bluegenie2 Designs

Sims:
LIU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:12 PM
Oh, one other thing.
Is it proper to provide links to other retro stuff here?
I have a personal reason for asking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal:
Bluegenie2 Designs

Sims:
LIU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:20 PM
wow, thanks for all this wonderfull things
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:25 PM
The Bates Motel? That is just too cool! This is a great set! So much hard work! Thanks for sharing, you guys!

"I may be dead, but I'm still pretty...which is more than I can say for you."---Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
Test Subject
#88 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:37 PM
man if you've a radeon 6800 + card with the latest drivers (i think) there is now an option to play the latests 3d games in black and white amongst other special modes..
right click desktop > properties > settings > advanced > 3d > custom > smart shader effects tab > black and white! (or classic)
Field Researcher
#89 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:42 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Much to download so much time!!!!!
thanx so much!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:04 PM
I just love all the new "sets" that are coming out. You are all amazing, you take this game to a level that is so unexpected from a game. I bow to you, to your creativity, to your willingness to do this for everyone (even for the folks that don't like the "older" stuff), and to your amazing talent. Thank you for sharing! Love the houses, cannot wait to see the Bates motel!
Karr
Instructor
#91 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM
oh wow this is the best, thank you for all your hard work time and effort you have put into making this thank you thank you thankyou
Instructor
#92 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:26 PM
Amazing! Really good job, I love it!!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#93 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:34 PM
I am completely dumbfounded, amazed and thrilled!! Thank you so much for all your thoughtful and hard work. Wow!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#94 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bluegenie2
The drive-in, is it university only? I noticed that the original was, so I am wondering was this one fixed so it can be used by non-ep players as well?
I did download it, but it would be nice to know before having my game crash.

The mesh for the coke signs that is from reflex sims, is it the mesh that is part of the Trance set?

And the link for Lucy goes to a staff-only link

The Drive-In used the lockers and a career reward that I did make sure to remove before I packaged the lot. So it should be completely fine now without the EP.

The mesh for the sign was very modern, brown and I cant for the life of me remember the set but I can get back to you on it when I take a look around there.....

I will fix the link to Lucy now, thanks for the heads up

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#95 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:12 PM
eddyg,

Thats not the point. This is a themed set so although many of the items are in black and white, some have splashes of colour and many of the stuff hasn't been seen before. So, it's not *just* the Sims 2 in B&W but much much more.
Test Subject
#96 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:16 PM
Ya'll are awsome, thanks alot for doing all this work.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#97 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:18 PM
ps-bluegenie If youve made some retro items feel free in your post to link back to this one as well or to put that link in your signatute too
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:25 PM
i like this. and i would like it in my game. but a problem. rar files dont work in my game.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#99 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:34 PM
You need to extract the package files in the rar file... www.rarlabs.com
Instructor
#100 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:37 PM
Thank you so much. This is great. My time period.
Page 4 of 20