Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:14 AM Last edited by frankie : 17th Feb 2012 at 2:59 AM.
New Store World: "Lunar Lakes"
SimPrograms recently posted about an upcoming world called "Lunar Lakes," with a sci-fi theme. This must be the result of the plenty of hints that EA had given us in regards to this theme. There will be a live show on February 14 at 10:00 a.m. PST., uncovering details via a demo and what have you. So...

What do you think?
Does it look decent so far?
Will there be aliens, even though it's just a world?
What would the price be?

Link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499334.page

Original Quote:

Quote:
Catch The Live Show On February 14 @ 10:00AM PST

Join The Sims 3 Assistant Producer Sarah Holding for an exclusive demo and live Q&A of the new foreign world, Lunar Lakes, coming soon to The Sims 3 Store.

Starting at 10:00 a.m. PST, February 14th, Holding will be taking you to the outer reaches of Lunar Lakes, to give you an intergalactic demo of the most far-out The Sims 3 world you’ve ever seen. Want to make sure you remember? Sign up for a reminder by entering your e-mail in the “Cover It Live” box to your right.

But that’s not all! Looking to get some cool swag from The Sims team? Tune in live and Tweet with #TS3LunarLakes for your chance to be selected for random giveaways.

To prepare for the launch of the new world The Sims 3 Store is offering 20% discount on SimPoints from now until February 16th. Be sure to stock up now at The Sims 3 Store using the coupon code: simheart.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:40 AM
EA, simply put, do NOT use space well at all. At least, not anymore. It seems to be tightly knit together in a smaller area, and then it branches out. What I'm seeing is nice - very nice. I expected the landscape grey, so this is a nice surprise. I don't expect aliens, but if we get them for free, by all means, EA, do not let me stop you.

I'm looking forward to it, but of course, I'm waiting for the flaws to pop up here and there, mainly with the routing paint, but I AM looking forward to the new stuff. :P

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 3:41 AM
Eh. Not my thing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 3:41 AM
I, too, think it looks nice from the image. I'm just cringing at what the price would be, since Hidden Springs is $24.50. And which current objects could end up not functioning with the new objects? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened like with the fountain of youth and spell book.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:40 AM
You KNOW it will.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:41 AM
LOL, I know. How gullible of me to think otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 8:33 AM
It looks interesting, though I don't think I will pay for it. It will be very, very expensive, I'm sure of that and it won't add that much of new gameplay. Still, I'm curios.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 10:34 AM
Well that would explain Hidden Springs in the Daily Deal
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 10:39 AM
Doesn't appeal to me. Then again most of the store items don't appeal to me... price is always an issue. But I look forward to seeing what is actually included with it all. *crosses my fingers for all the alien/sci-fi fans for something awesome*

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:18 PM
I was so disappointed with that poll.
I was hoping for the apocalypse thing.

But, on topic. It does look kind of cool. Sci-fi has never really appealed to me at all, but I might be interested in buying this depending on how expensive it is.
I really don't like buying from the store, too expensive. But with the discount and the way this world looks, I might not be able to resist. >.>
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
I love the look of that! But, I already spend far too much on Sims games without spending in the store too.

Also, the world objects look great (it looks like they have a whole bunch of walls for the canal sides) but if you use them in a world then the player also has to purchase this. So it gives the objects a limited use for the world builder!

But it looks like it would be fun to play, and great to go with those sci-fi object sets they already have in the store.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:51 PM
........and then a horse ran down the street.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBoogadie
........and then a horse ran down the street.

They'll probably be grazing on all that sand that appears to cover the city.
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:29 PM
Well, I'm not interested. However, I'm glad they went with that instead of those apocalyptic world themes they were thinking of. However, the fact that they were even thinking of those still bothers me.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

But it looks like it would be fun to play, and great to go with those sci-fi object sets they already have in the store.

Which would be ME......!!!

Oh i can't wait for this world...love it!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:59 PM
This is the chance to have alien life, but I seriously doubt that will be the case. Then, we can do an Easter egg hunt and find the fire pit that Ripley dived inside of as the new death for our Sims.
Theorist
#17 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 1:15 PM
I don't know how they are going to do this.
I mean, you can't very well have sloppy jalopy's and grocery stores out on another world, can you?

*Hoping for a UFO vehicle of some sort*

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 5:13 PM
Ooh! Sci-Fi! Yay! But I won't be buying it..

I probs will, actually - I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi. Also hoping for aliens! But if they do come I hope they're not just different skin coloured. Maybe they could be telepathic like the vamps.

How cool would telekinetic alien sims be (please, don't lecture me about how it would be impossible to implement, duh...)

I think an apocalyptic world would be cool too, could include some zombies.

Go suck an elf...
Theorist
#19 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 7:30 PM
I love sci-fi but I think this world will be a pass for me... just like Barnacle Bay.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 10:00 PM
Oh my god. I'm back, and I'm not impressed. Time to hibernate again? Their content seems to be getting creepier and creepier. It does look interesting, but not pretty. The photoshoppping on that picture doesn't help either.

CHOCKLAT.
Instructor
#21 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:03 AM
I doubt that the sims will be anything but Green-skinned Sim-Sims.
I mean, it's a world, not an EP/SP.
The best we can hope for is some World stuff.
Even a UFO is a bit out of EA's range at the moment.
Just use your imagination and go out for drives in your anti-gravity SUV.

Thought. Perhaps it's JUST a colonization on an alien planet? So e.g. when Britain colonized anywhere, they brought over all their shizzit.. so we would have horses, and SUVs that guzzle gas.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love some alien stuff, but sadly, I doubt it.
Inventor
#22 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:03 AM
Meh, just started making my own world again, using the Steelport map from Saints Row 3 as a template. When I'm finished with that I don't need any stinking EA worlds any more :P

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:03 AM
It looks interesting, I wonder will they add new life forms since it has that outer space other worldly feel to it... Or will they just make green sims and call them aliens!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:32 PM
If I'm honest, I think some of the player made sci worlds beat this hands down (this considering we are probably only going to get green sims that we could have made ourselves), like moon base alpha and delta (beta? idk) - They actually look like they could be the moon... I'm not feeling the massive swimming pools everywhere either... and trees.. I'd love to colonize a world like this with likely sims, but it'd probably come with a bunch of crap EA made sims and spawn with crappy service sims and probably even foreigners.. because and alien world would also have an Egypt, France and China, naturally. ( - obviously there are mods to prevent these types of things happening, but I'm just talking about how EA would intend us to play this world.)

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
If I'm honest, I think some of the player made sci worlds beat this hands down (this considering we are probably only going to get green sims that we could have made ourselves), like moon base alpha and delta (beta? idk) - They actually look like they could be the moon... I'm not feeling the massive swimming pools everywhere either... and trees.. I'd love to colonize a world like this with likely sims, but it'd probably come with a bunch of crap EA made sims and spawn with crappy service sims and probably even foreigners.. because and alien world would also have an Egypt, France and China, naturally. ( - obviously there are mods to prevent these types of things happening, but I'm just talking about how EA would intend us to play this world.)

It's an EA world and it will have to be compatible and playable with the rest of the EPs and SPs, hence the concrete road and it will most probably feature all career rabbitholes. I think it looks a lot more like the canyon neighbourhood in TS2, except they replaced the desert vegetation with alien looking trees and made some water reservoirs. I think will be nice if they give at least a sand buggy, given all that sand in the city.
Page 1 of 10