Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 7:48 PM
Default Transferring BHAVs
Hello everyone,
I'm practicing with SimPE and I was wondering if there's a correct way to transfer an object's BHAVs onto another object.
Basically, I have this custom objects with a series of functions. I want another object (a simple one, a sculpture for example) to have the same exacts functions. I thought that just copying the BHAV files and the pie functions / strings / text files would work, but it's not the case. Am I missing something? Should I include any other file from the original custom object?
Thank you in advance
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 2:21 AM
Have you worked with BHAVs before?

I assume the BHAV, TTAB, and TTAs resources all have a Group number of 0xFFFFFFFF, but make sure the BHAV instances values are unique. The TTAB and TTAs should have matching instance values and that value should also match the Interaction Table ID value in the Raw Data tab of the OBJD. If your object makes use of a "MakeActionString" string (Text List resource of 0x0000012E), then there's more work to be done to make those options appear on the new object.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 2:29 PM
It also depends on the Global Data (GLOB) if the two items are using different Semi Globals you'll be hard pressed to get it to work (some sculptures use PaintingGlobals and some use FlamingoGlobals). Also check the Object Functions (OBJF) remain correct.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Have you worked with BHAVs before?

I assume the BHAV, TTAB, and TTAs resources all have a Group number of 0xFFFFFFFF, but make sure the BHAV instances values are unique. The TTAB and TTAs should have matching instance values and that value should also match the Interaction Table ID value in the Raw Data tab of the OBJD. If your object makes use of a "MakeActionString" string (Text List resource of 0x0000012E), then there's more work to be done to make those options appear on the new object.

Thank you for your reply. I checked and there was, in fact, a mismatch in the Raw Data regarding the attribute number. That solved the problem, thanks!