Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 12:05 AM
How to place an empty lot without changing the ground
Hello everyone!
I want to place an empty lot in place that shows the image, but do not want to amend the neighborhood terrain.
That is, I do not want to raise the roads.
Is there a tutorial, mod or something that can help me?

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 1:44 AM
Empty lots will always take on the neighborhood terrain, except where the road is. Roads for all lots must be flat by default. You can modify the slope of roads using various techniques, but sloped roads like this will be completely unusable.

If you honestly don't care that the lot is unusable, my suggestion is that you try creating the lot somewhere else, then use the LotAdjuster to move the lot into place while adjusting the lot edges to match the neighborhood terrain. Then, you'll probably have to fiddle with the terrain inside of the edges until you get something reasonable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 2:57 AM
Ok, How I can change the slope of roads?
Site Helper
#4 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:54 PM
Do you want to change the slope of the roads in the neighborhood view, or on a lot? Is the new lot going to be decorative, or do you want it to work properly in-game?

In the above picture, you would need to flatten a large area to allow all of those lots to exist side-by-side. There's no way to raise the road for that particular lot without raising the surrounding lots. So, all of the lower lots would need to be raised, or all of the upper lots would need to be lowered.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 3:41 AM
But then that has problems in itself:
If he raises the bottom left, then the pool will have ot be adjusted.
If he lowers the top, then those lots will have to be adjusted.
Site Helper
#6 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:06 AM
Exactly. There's no simple way to use that lot as it is. You either have to raise a bunch of lots, or lower a bunch of lots, or add an unusable sloped deco lot.