Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiana
i feel extremely dumb but i don't get what i'm suppose to do

Awww... don't feel dumb. All you have to do is when you go into CAS, and you're playing with the sliders, just start off by sliding each one alll the way to one side or the other. Doesn't matter which side. When every feature of your Sim's face is greatly exaggerated to where he/she looks like a complete freak show, go back and tweak JUST until he/she stops looking like a "science experiment". After you're done doing that, give it another once over to tweak the features, making your new Sim look handsome/beautiful! Hope that helped! If not, let me know which part you're having trouble with exactly, and I'll see what I can do

EDIT: HystericalParoxysm, please correct me if I missed a step, or got anything wrong there
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:24 AM
Before (oops I was hovering over her hair, but you get the point. I really like the glasses in the nose):

After, pretty Miss Rexanne:
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:34 AM
Why I have no problem of creating unique sims? =\
Inventor
#54 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:02 AM
Another method that can give surprising results is gender-swapping.

Fooling around a bit with this:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=76272

Resulted in this:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=169090

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:10 AM
You shouldn't have to take CAS to it's outer extremities of features to make sims look distinguished from one-another. All this proves is that you *can* have different looking sims if you take the time to construct them yourself. After a single generation without CAS intervention the game will make them all look the same once again.
Instructor
#56 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guardianpegasus
After a single generation without CAS intervention the game will make them all look the same once again.

I haven't found this to be true. There are several offspring of my Sims that retain the traits (in a new combination) of the previous generations. They don't randomly get "doughy" genetically speaking.

Do you have pictures that show a different result?

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Scholar
#57 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
Lostaccount, holy cow...did you upload that sim anywhere? I want her I want her I want her! She looks like the sim on the manual that comes with the game. Only that one is a brunette. She's in the upper left corner of the manual. When I saw that sim in the manual I hoped so badly she was a premade sim in the game somewhere but I couldn't find her. And I couldn't make her, though I did make one similar that looks like Elizabeth Montgomery that I am thinking of uploading.

Well anyway yours is the same kind of cuteness I wanted for my fishing challenge sim.

HP, thanks for this awesome tip. I can't wait to try it!
Forum Resident
#58 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nei tsukishime
Why I have no problem of creating unique sims? =\

Consider yourself lucky.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:03 AM
Quote:
Do you have pictures that show a different result?

I made weirdo/exaggerated sims and played around with the genetic end results in CAS. It's clearly designed to limit any exaggerated features and push them back towards the limitations of the game itself, probably to avoid graphical glitches, but it's still quite annoying, I'd rather have the choice.
Instructor
#60 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guardianpegasus
I made weirdo/exaggerated sims and played around with the genetic end results in CAS. It's clearly designed to limit any exaggerated features and push them back towards the limitations of the game itself, probably to avoid graphical glitches, but it's still quite annoying, I'd rather have the choice.

So no pics, huh?

That's disappointing.

Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:45 AM
It may just be me, but I find it easier to create adult sims, as opposed to young adults - as they seem to have more definition in their faces from the get-go.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:52 AM
Is this already the Sims 3. I see you can do a lot more, but is it actually that different and better than the sims 2?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#63 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:58 AM
Well Lientebollemeis...it doesn't have that "blockiness" of TS2. The Sims are more rounded now, but sometimes that ends up being "doughy," which is what most of us here are trying to avoid.

Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:46 AM
I am no good in making sims in the casscreen to be honest. I think I'll stick to the sims 2 for a while longer. There are too many expansion packs I would miss and I am finally a little better in the building thing.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Scholar
#65 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:17 PM
Using HP's tip seems to yield Sims that look good in-game and in CAS so far. I was able to sculpt, even before HP's post, some unique sims. I even made Jennifer Aniston sim that looked really accurate and good in CAS. But when I got her into the game, oh my gosh, the horror! . In-game, Jennifer looked less like Jennifer Aniston and more like Bette Midler but without Bette's cute eyes and Jen's unique jaw in-game rendered as more of a pan-shaped head.

I also have an Elizabeth Montgomery sim that looked really cute in CAS, but in-game she looked like she'd had bad plastic surgery that left her looking permanently astonished. Fortunately I was able to pull the face back into shape, by applying a Preset face shape to it and resculpting very slightly this time. So yes, the game itself apparently wants us to not stray far from its vision of optimal face sculpts. It meant that in CAS the resemblance was less accurate than with the first version. But in-game, the resemblance to Liz held firm AND she also looked like a normal person.

So, while it is possible to get comfy enough with the sliders to sculpt well enough to attempt celebrities and other real people, and get GREAT results in CAS, in-game something happens and freak shows can happen. I'm not sure how the MTS audience used to almost lifelike celeb sims from S2 are going to receive the lesser approximations likely to be submitted in these early days for S3. Anyway, I do think HP's technique can probably save a celebrity sim that looks great in CAS but lousy in-game.

I still have my Liz prototype so I will test HP's method on her and see if I get better results than I did from applying an in-game Preset to pull the face back into game-acceptable parameters.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
What is HP?

Alchemist
#67 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
What is HP?

The OP.

LOL
Field Researcher
#68 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
What is HP?

"HP" is how we abbreviate HystericalParoxysm, the original poster, or "OP" of this thread.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
Odd; I didn't have any difficulty getting my Sims to look as unique as the Sims people have posted, and I just twiddled about with the CAS settings until I got a face I liked. :\
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:09 PM
Lostaccount this Sim is gorgeous!

Lindsey
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:13 AM
I tried this method out and it did great! Though, I had no problem making unique sim faces, I had loads of fun doing this!

Here's my first try (Click to see full size)

Before

After

I think I did a good job.

2nd try;

Before

After

3rd try; I affectionately named her Dragon Lady. :P

Before

After

4th and last try for now;

Before

After

Done! :D
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Using HP's tip seems to yield Sims that look good in-game and in CAS so far. I was able to sculpt, even before HP's post, some unique sims. I even made Jennifer Aniston sim that looked really accurate and good in CAS. But when I got her into the game, oh my gosh, the horror! . In-game, Jennifer looked less like Jennifer Aniston and more like Bette Midler but without Bette's cute eyes and Jen's unique jaw in-game rendered as more of a pan-shaped head.

I also have an Elizabeth Montgomery sim that looked really cute in CAS, but in-game she looked like she'd had bad plastic surgery that left her looking permanently astonished. Fortunately I was able to pull the face back into shape, by applying a Preset face shape to it and resculpting very slightly this time. So yes, the game itself apparently wants us to not stray far from its vision of optimal face sculpts. It meant that in CAS the resemblance was less accurate than with the first version. But in-game, the resemblance to Liz held firm AND she also looked like a normal person.

So, while it is possible to get comfy enough with the sliders to sculpt well enough to attempt celebrities and other real people, and get GREAT results in CAS, in-game something happens and freak shows can happen. I'm not sure how the MTS audience used to almost lifelike celeb sims from S2 are going to receive the lesser approximations likely to be submitted in these early days for S3. Anyway, I do think HP's technique can probably save a celebrity sim that looks great in CAS but lousy in-game.

I still have my Liz prototype so I will test HP's method on her and see if I get better results than I did from applying an in-game Preset to pull the face back into game-acceptable parameters.

That really sucks.
On MATY it's been said that because the sims are smiling in cas it distorts their faces so the face you are making isn't really the face its going to have when the sim has a netural face. Awesome mod fixes it so in cas sims have a neutral face and what you see should be what you get.

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Scholar
#73 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
An as-yet unnamed Sim. The first picture is quite obviously before the makeover...

And... After!

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:58 AM
There are a bunch of sims in this thread I wouldn't mind seeing for download. People are doing some pretty awesome stuff with this technique. Thanks, HP!

I couldn't help but whittle away a couple hours doing it too. I only intended to do one sim, because it was getting late. Now it's 3 AM and I have way more than pictured here. This stuff is like pringles. Or lay's. OR RICH COLOMBIAN COCAINE?

Cynthia Pickens:

Kelly Burke:

Ruby West:
Forum Resident
#75 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:03 AM
I tried this and it works surprisingly good!

before:

after:
Page 3 of 4