Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:51 PM Last edited by b_C_Draygon : 4th May 2013 at 9:48 PM.
Default Floating Octagonal Roof Help - Solved
Hi everyone. I was wondering if you could help - I'm trying to build an octagonal roof on top of an octagonal building with sides of unequal length. However, the roof is floating when I place it on top of the walls:

I know this is probably happening because the octagon doesn't have sides of equal length. However, I'd like to keep the shape if at all humanly possible. (3x3 seems enormous; 2x2 seems small. 2x4 looks nice!)

I can get it to look right (or at least cosmetically acceptable) if I build the roof directly on top of the foundation, like so:

When I place the roof on the foundation, the game will allow me to place objects on most of the foundation under the roof. However, it won't let me place any objects on the squares closest to the edge. Nor will it allow me to place modular stairs - I get the "Can't place top landing" message when I try. (I want this building to be a bandstand. I'm going to replace the walls in the above pictures with the Mansion & Garden column fences, and put in stairs to access it.) This is obviously happening because the roof is technically too low on the outer edges of the foundation.

Is there any way to get around this and (ideally) stop the roof from floating when I place it properly, on top of the walls?

If not, I guess I'll just have to build a decorative-only bandstand, but any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have no idea how, but in the couple of minutes since I posted this, my game has fixed itself. The roof is not auto-positioning as it should. I am unsure how/why as I haven't done much other than replace the walls with column fences and change the angle a couple of times. (Any theories on this would be great!)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies