Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 8:38 AM
Is hoping that the Maxoids have learned how to make veils as accessories hoping for too much? If I'll see another NPC in that veil hair (what EP? Can't remember...) I'll scream!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Berg
Is hoping that the Maxoids have learned how to make veils as accessories hoping for too much? If I'll see another NPC in that veil hair (what EP? Can't remember...) I'll scream!

I have a waitress wearing the veil to work!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 7:07 PM
Aww crap, I like what I'm seeing but I haff no moneys and think the Stuff Packs are too pricey for all they are.

Quote: Originally posted by callum91
maybe because its a Teen game (and it appeals to young kids) could you imagine this 'Mummy,why are them two men kissing?'
:/

Mummy: "You know the answer to that perfectly well. And stop calling me 'Mummy', you're a teen!"
Field Researcher
#29 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 12:39 PM
I just want to know if in that stuff pack there is some news about the new EP.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
Mummy: "You know the answer to that perfectly well. And stop calling me 'Mummy', you're a teen!"

*ROFLMAO!* Ya got that right. Unless of course, the kid's been kept in a breeder bubble all of his/her life. ;^)

I guess this pack will be all right, but . . . meh. I just wish you could have proper funerals . . . ah, well. :^\ Maybe their next "Stuff" pack will be the Morbid Pack or something.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
I just want to know if in that stuff pack there is some news about the new EP.

...Or maybe it has news about the next SP?
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 7:21 PM
Hehe, YamLin,true. But since younger people are attracted to the game also (i started sims when i was 9/10,lol!) and if they dont understand men kissing then the parent could say 'YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THE SIMS 2 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!' >:-(

Itll probably have a teaser for the next EP
Forum Resident
#33 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avialle
I just wish you could have proper funerals . . . ah, well. :^\ Maybe their next "Stuff" pack will be the Morbid Pack or something.

I actually like the sound of that! It would be good.
#34 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 2:05 PM
I am a collector of the Sims2 games too,i will probably get this after i buy Seasons, now that a patch is available for Seasons.
Alchemist
#35 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avialle
What about gay & lesbian couples? They never show them in any screenshots for anything. :^P Bastards.

Good point.
:hmm:
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 3:22 AM
From what i read and saw i can't say i 'm thrilled about this pack, in fact it leaves me indifferent.As usually though i'll buy it and just won't use it ( cause i have to have everything :-P this must be what they call loyal customers rofl)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Alchemist
#37 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 11:55 AM
Yeah, after playing once with this stuffpack I didn't find it really added anything to my parties. Sure, I had a new arch and a new cake, but it didn't change anything. You still can't place arches on community lots, either.
It also made my custom content flash, and I chose to Enable it. So I exited the game and went back in, and my content was not flashing but it had been reduced to its meshes and such. I had to sell them all and buy the custom ones back so they'd show up properly. :mean:
#38 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:52 PM
I will be getting it because I have everything else. I like the new hairs. I will be thrilled if/when the veil can be taken off.
Some of the dresses are cute.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:54 PM
are there any new lots in the Pack?

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
#40 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 11:18 PM
I bought it but haven't installed it....hmmm....now I might return it!

:ninja:
Forum Resident
#41 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kool4ya91
are there any new lots in the Pack?

Sadly, no. Maxis can never be bothered to make lots in stuff packs.
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 10:00 AM
Yes...I pretty sure (99%) there were two new lots with the celebration stuff icon on them last time I checked.
I wish they had made one of the veiled hairs available *sans* veil...off to check MTS2...
Forum Resident
#43 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elly001
You must be installing different versions or something! :hmm: There's been two new lots with every stuff pack apart from the Christmas ones.

Really? I've never noticed any new lots with my stuff packs. I'l have to have a look but im sure i would have noticed. I have UK versions of the stuff packs, maybe we don't get lots. I haven't actually played Celebration Stuff yet so i don't know. I'l have a look later.
#44 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:32 PM
Im going crazy!!!
Can someone tell me how do i get gifts at my weddings and birthday parties like I have seen on the screenshots?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#45 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:49 PM
Maxis often stages scenes with their screenshots. MaxoidSam, in the Celebration/Season chat, said that Stuff packs do not add gameplay, just content. My guess (since I don't have the Stuff Pack) is that they are just decorative objects placed on the table and floor.

"MaxoidSam (Apr 11, 2007 5:11:43 PM)
We're seeing a lot of questions about new things for Sims to do in Celebration Stuff. I think it's worth clarifying that Stuff Packs are meant to provide new items and clothes for your lots and Sims, and don't have new interactions in them. New gameplay comes from the Expansion Packs."

Now, with Seasons, there is a "give gift" interaction that makes use of the inventory. You can have a Sim give an object from their inventory to another Sim and pretend it is a wedding/birthday gift. If you know how to make custom memories, you could make a "got a coffee maker as wedding present"--type memory or a "got a RC car for my birthday"--type memory that you could manually give the Sim.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#46 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 7:38 PM
I really like the new clothing in this pack. I love the new chairs, but I am waiting for someone to make a version without the balloons/flowers attached.
I this the new objects are really great too.
Alchemist
#47 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chinchillagirl6
I love the new chairs, but I am waiting for someone to make a version without the balloons/flowers attached.

Yes, me too. The chairs are really nice and I'd love to use them just in my dining rooms.
Page 2 of 2