Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 5:41 AM
Your completely welcome...although I did go back and resize my own images after I noticed they were slightly too large as well - all that before I found Delphy's news post. Oh well! :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Cher : 8th Nov 2009 at 6:15 AM.
I wish I knew the size before I sized them. I would have made a few a bit bigger. Oh well, good to know for next time. Love all your wonderful creations for download! You did a great job!

Well I'm done with my text etc. Good luck to everyone!
Scholar
#78 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:25 AM
I miss how pretty the sims are in TS2!

The pics are fun to look at and TRIriana, this contest seems really fun.

As for you girls worrying about pic size.....if your pic is OVER 175kb the site won't even allow you to post it. Anything over 800x600 is auto sized.

Frankly, it bugs the hell out of me for contests. I like to see my simmy nice and big in all her glory....not resized.....

Anywho...I'll be lurking...have fun everyone. Can't wait to see more.

P.S. MicheleD...lovely to see you again. Missed ya hun! :lovestruc

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
#79 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:40 AM
do you guys not see the link at the bottom of the resized pictures to show them in their original size or is it just me? 0.o I think the site just scales them down a bit ^^
Scholar
#80 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:47 AM Last edited by Deatherella : 8th Nov 2009 at 7:46 PM.
Default PHIL McCRAKKEN - ROUND 1
South Beach

This first outing was a really fun shoot for me. I love water sports and I'm quite excited about having a nice clean beach area to get wet once again. They had to drag me out of the water to get me to stand still long enough to pose. The shoot went great, I think -- not hard to relax at the beach or look like you're having a good time while doing so.
Come evening, the sunset in the horizon over the water was so beautiful I can see why the town leaders want to promote the beach as an event area, as well. I'm thinking that someday when I get married, I'm thinking this beach is the place . . . . if they can pull me out of the water long enough to say "I do."

ROCK! MAGAZINE

The ROCK! shot was so much fun! When they told me I would be doing a job for the leading rock music magazine, I just couldn't wait! After all, who didn't want to be a rock star when they grew up? We got together and started digging through props and wardrobe and I think we did a fairly good job of mixing and matching holiday colors with a music and Merry Christmas theme. I felt like a kid in a toy store. They even gave me the red and green guitars as a gift when we were done shooting. Can't wait to do some practicing on them -- maybe I'll be the next Rising Rock Star!!!

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#81 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 5:33 PM
I have finished my Round 1 entry! It's HERE!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 7:19 PM
Application Scores

Judge One

Demetrios Rodos
Beauty: 3
Pose: 2
Picture Creativity: 2
Overall Creativity: 3
10/20

Luke Ster
Pose: 3
Overall Creativity: 4
12/20

Avaleigh O'Hara
Picture Creativity: 2.5

Bailey Loftner
Beauty: 2
Picture Creativity: 3.5

Kaori Sasaki
Beauty: 2
Pose: 2.5
Overall Creativity: 2

Phil McCrakken
Beauty: 2.5
Overall Creativity: 2

Amanda Reese
Beauty: 3.5
Pose: 2.5
Picture Creativity: 3

Noelle Winterton
Beauty: 4
Pose: 4
Picture Creativity: 4

Adrian Zane
Beauty: 2.5
Overall Creativity: 2.5

Judge Two

Wgroome-Demetrios Rodos
Beauty: 2/5
Pose: 3/5
Picture Creativity: 4/5
Overall Creativity: 3/5
Total: 12/20
Comments: I think since you chose to use maxis skin, you should have put more effort into the face sculpt of your sim. In my opinion, the next rising star should be unique on the inside and out.

Aba23-Luke Ster
Beauty: 3/5
Pose: 2/5
Picture Creativity: 2/5
Overall Creativity: 4/5
Total: 11/20
Comments: Your sim is really unique, however, your pictures could use more work. I like that you showed him actually serving food but you probably should have shown him serving something other than sandwiches to actual guests since he likes to cook "yummy meals." I also think you should make your pictures larger for next round.

IntrepidLlama-Avaleigh O'Hara
Beauty: 5/5
Pose: 4/5
Picture Creativity: 3/5
Total: 16/20
Comments: Avaleigh is beautiful and I love what she had to say. The only thing I would say you could do better is larger pictures.

Wndy26-Bailey Loftner
Total: 13/20
Comments: Although your pictures were really well done, Bailey himself isn't particularly interesting. He looks like a combination of several maxis default features. I think more tweaking should have been done to make him more unique physically.

Monstersteph-Kaori Sasaki
Beauty: 4/5
Pose: 3/5
Total: 12/20
Comments: Although Kaori is really beautiful the host asked for a head shot from shoulders and above. You did yours from the waist up. Not only that but your pictures need major work. The edges are really pixelated. I'm thinking you may need to turn the smooth edges to more in your graphics setting. I really loved Kaori's story and it is truly unique.

Deatherella-Phil McCrakken
Beauty: 3/5
Overall Creativity: 2/5
Total: 13/20
Comments: Your pictures were really creative but, you didn't really tell us much about him. I'd say for the next round you should try to brighten the pics up a bit and let us see more of who Phil is.

Pai.kea-Amanda Reese
Total: 17/20
Comments: I loved your pictures, the bio and the sim. I couldn't give you a perfect score though because the host asked for the head, profile and bodyshots on plain backgrounds. Also, I think your pictures should have been larger and the body shot should have been a full body shot and not cut off after the knees.

Michele D-Noelle Winterton
Pose: 5/5
Picutre Creativity: 5/5
Overall Creativity: 5/5
Total: 20/20
Comments: Perfect!

Thatgirlashley-Adrian Zane
Pose: 2/5
Overall Creativity: 1/5
Total: 7/20
Comments: You could have probably scored higher had you completed the application. Overall she seems like a "knock-off" Paris Hilton. The bio and her look are completely unoriginal.

Judge Three

Demetrios Rodos
Picture Creativity: 5
Overall Creativity: 5
Demetrios is one gorgeous guy, I love his sense of style and while I'm usually not a fan of the old short hair I think it definately suits him. I detracted a point from the pose because I find his stare in the bodyshot rather creepy. I'd have tilted it up to have him staring into the camera.

Luke Ster
Pose: 4.5
Overall Creativity: 4.5
There's some amazing potential in this guy, however I really don't think the almost girly hair he has suits his very masculine face, a personal opinion I'm sorry. However, I loved the profile shot with his eyes closed. I enjoyed the body shot however I really thought the decor in the background of Luke with the sandwiches didn't match him at all, I just can't see a guy with so much flair living in a wooden shack.

Avaleigh O'Hara
Beauty: 4.5
Pose: 5
What. A. Cutie. I mean I already love her for her amazing attitude, she seems down to earth and friendly and I love the fact she's a natural redhead Irish girl. Half a point was docked for her slightly odd hairstyle which made her forehead look weirdly large but other than that she's going to go far.

Bailey Loftner
Beauty: 3.5
Now I'm going to be brutally honest, the minute I saw that his eyebrows were a different colour to his hair I got a little bit put off but I noticed he has cheekbones to die for. My problem is that on the profile shot he looks very strange leaning forwards in like... a monkey pose. But the car shot was superb and he does look like an athletic kinda guy, very nice going with the story and free shot.

Kaori Sasaki
Beauty: 5
She's a looker and the first photo blew me away. A clean and bright shot that showed the detail of her face beautifully. The free shot however dissapointed me, she was right at the back of the picture and I was left focusing on the piano, also the daughter seemed a little old for the time she'd had her, I'd have had her looking much younger, she looked about eight on that picture. The profile shot had a bad hair choice which floated off her oddly. Overall I think she has massive potential.

Phil McCrakken
Overall Creativity: 4.5
Loveable, totally and utterly loveable. He has a face that screams rock star to me as well, he has sort of smoldering looks that women swoon over. Took half a point off for the VERY brief description, would have liked to know more about him.

Amanda Reese
Full marks. Just because I feel it's the perfect application. She's got good looks, a very sweet personality and I think something that instantly connects with people. I don't even know what it is but she's got so, so much more to give.

Noelle Winterton
A very gorgeous lady and rather high fashion. Her headshot and profile are stunning but the body shot really puts me off, something about it looks so forced and the outfit just doesn't seem very her. However the end shot is once again stunning. An almost professional model here.

Adrian Zane
Picture Creativity: 3
Gorgeous girl, though I'd change the lipgloss because that one makes her look like she's puckering up for a kiss. Obviously detracted some marks for the lack of in-game picture and also for the fact that the pretty little rich girl has been done to death. However I absoloutely love how she looks and the little green dungarees are gorgeous, I actually want a pair.

Overall Application Scores
Noelle Winterton: 52.5/60
Amanda Reese: 49/60
Bailey Loftner: 42/60
Demetrios Rodos: 40/60
Luke Ster: 40/60
Kaori Sasaki: 37.5/60
Avaleigh O'Hara: 37/60
Adrian Zane: 32/60
Phil McCrakken: 31.5/60
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:05 PM
Round Two
Being the Extra

Now you've had a chance to step into the spotlight, and have started to develop a feel for being in front of the camera and having the attention focused on you. This time you've been selected as an extra in the next Hollywood movie: Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes III: Fruitation from the Deep.

Outshining the Star

Now their budget is...slightly limited, so you'll have the opportunity to be in the background of three scenes in all. You'll be a different background person in each shot and these are as follows.

Photographs

(a) One Deep Sea Diver Note: If you don't have Bon Voyage you don't have to be dressed in the actual diver suit. Just make it clear that you're a deep sea diver, how you do this is entirely up to you.
(b) One Police Officer Note: Where the police officer is, is up to you.
(c) One Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid Note: Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires are not allowed. The more inventive the better!

There must be a secondary "main actor" in each of the shots to pose with your model - your model just has to stand out more.

A Step into Advertisement

Luckily for your model, this time you're going to have the opportunity of selecting the brand that YOU want to advertise. They're giving you full creative control! You need to show that you can really sell a product, in an inventive and different way.

Photographs

(a) One shot of your model advertising something. You can make up the brand and the product - be inventive! Don't just think of clothes or shoes - there are a LOT of products out there. This round you'll be marked on originality, so go wild! The advertisement can be magazine, billboard or television based.

Writing

Give an overview on how you came up with your idea to outshine the star - and what the stars reaction was. And for the last, write about why you chose that particular product.
Test Subject
#84 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:27 PM
Oh my gosh, i totally missed that the round ends today! Sorry for this, really... I guess i'm too late, huh?
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:31 PM
I edited the main post a few minutes ago, and the round will be extended until 7pm GMT tomorrow.
Instructor
#86 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:32 PM
Wow...we really have some harsh judges...I was going for a Taylor Lautner eye look when I sculpted his face especially his eyes. I suppose I didn't even come close. For some reason I can't get body shop to let me shorten the face much at all to form any sort of rounded look without making the face too fat looking. I wish there was a body shop sculpting class! Also, it would be nice if all judges left some comments.

Judge three - I appreciate your honesty about the color difference for eyebrows and hair. You should see my husband when he grows a full beard - his beard is plumb red and the rest of his hair is brown. He looks so funny and so cute.
Scholar
#87 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 8th Nov 2009 at 8:57 PM.
Oh, gosh, I guess I misinterpreted the meaning of "brief".

Just for future reference, judges, Phil is just a happy-go-lucky sort of guy who up to this contest was, well, aimless. He's not a slacker, but he's never really strived for anything up til now. He was always ready and willing when there were chores, homework, work, whatever to be done -- feeling it was a job well done when through. I hope that helps when you try to figure out in future entries if he is staying in character.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know about his life to help out with your judging purposes.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Instructor
#88 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:47 PM
FYI - Judge three seemed to have the best and most helpful constructive criticism - and that's based off of reading all comments, not just my own. Thanks Judge Three.
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
Oh, that sounds very good - thanks alot! And thanks to the Judges for the fast Scores! I've missunderstand the Plain Background, I just thought, that this meant that no other Things should be there, not that the wall should be white or Black - sorry for this... Thanks again for the extension, I totally forgot the Date...-.-
Instructor
#90 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 9:11 PM
Hey Tri - what did you mean by "blank" background? (should the term come up in the future I want to make sure I get it right) Was it specifically black or white or did you want the Sims cut out of their regular background and set up with transparency? I wasn't sure so I chose the lightest possible wallpaper...but some of the comments on other entries complained about the background so clarification should be included - just in case we encounter this again. We can't read minds. :D
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 9:20 PM
Yes - judge three thanks for the comments - I actually love Luke's "almost girly hair" - haha. But if this is allowed then I will try to give him another hairstyle that makes him more look like a men.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 9:30 PM Last edited by IntrepidLlama : 8th Nov 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Default Round One - Avaleigh O'Hara

I was thrilled when we were told that we'd be doing beach shots – there aren't many warm, sunny beaches in Ireland! I was also eager to see how the beach had turned out, after all the work and money that had been put into it! When we arrived, I was in no way disappointed! It was a positively breath-taking sight. The sand was clean and warm, the water shimmered, and the flora that encompassed the entire beach was gorgeous, and so fragrant! A true paradise. I was very fortunate to be apart of getting the word out about this little haven!

The day of the photoshoot was warm and sunny, and I felt like Marilyn Monroe, frolicking on the beach in front o' the camera! I may have gotten a bit of a sunburn – darned Irish skin! - and I may have gotten sand in all the wrong places, but it was SO worth it.

That same evening the Grand Reopening took place. T'was a very ntertaining event, with drinks and dancing, a friendly fire burning on the sand and the waves lapping gently at the beach. It was a thrill to be there – I had a grand time!

When I arrived on set for the ROCK! Magazine shoot, I was immediately struck by the enormity of it all. The lights, the cameras, the set, the hair and make-up people, the clothing... oh the clothing! I had my pick of the latest rockin' fashions, and I fell in love with a pair of red leather pants... and a Santa hat to match!

When it was time for the shoot to begin, I picked up that guitar and fake snow started flyin'... I felt like a real rock star! I started strummin' out the chords to the Christmas song “Fairytale of New York” and - much to the chagrin of, well, everyone in the studio – I sung along. I may have made a bit of an eejit of myself, but I didn't really care! For me, it was the spirit of Christmas spiked with the spirit of Rock N' Roll, all packed into one small studio, and I intended of having the time o' my life... and I did just that!

Thanks to the judges for their input - especially judges two and three. The commentary is greatly appreciated!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Test Subject
#93 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for asking, wndy! I'd love to hear the answer too!
Field Researcher
#94 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
(c) One Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid Note: Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires are not allowed. The more inventive the better!

Hi, sorry.... can you explain this, TRIriana? I don't really get it!

Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 11:51 PM
Blank background is to mean a plain background, but don't worry - no more plain backgrounds will be needed for the rest of the contest

Wgroome: It's a silly gimmick from a cheesy B-flick horror movie "Invasion of the Killer Tomatoes" It isn't supposed to make a logical kind of sense. Your model is supposed to be the background "bad guy" who has been somehow possessed by the "Killer Tomatoes."
Field Researcher
#96 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
Wgroome: It's a silly gimmick from a cheesy B-flick horror movie "Invasion of the Killer Tomatoes" It isn't supposed to make a logical kind of sense. Your model is supposed to be the background "bad guy" who has been somehow possessed by the "Killer Tomatoes."

Should our "bad guy" have a particular look? Or should the other main actor? Where should this photo be taken?

Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:23 AM
Wgroome: That's entirely up to you. The whole point is to be inventive. You have full creative control within that title.
Field Researcher
#98 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:26 AM
So our "contestant" should be any kind of monster... but not a zombie, vampire or werewolf?

Test Subject
#99 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:36 AM Last edited by pai.kea : 9th Nov 2009 at 2:28 AM.
Thanks, Tririana...^^ Hm, i've got some Problems with the Beach Lot (the difference between having BV and not having it is bigger than I thought.) and I don't like my Magazine Cover... Maybe i'll be late again... *sighs*

I'm currently working on the Beach lot - there's no Water on it but the Neighbourhood Beach is right behind... I just have the fear, that it won't be finished tomorrow evening, cause i've to search some Downloads and so on...
Scholar
#100 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:12 AM
TRIriana,
In the Outshine the Star half of the next round, is our contestant supposed to outshine the star in each of the three shots or just the possessed-tomato-man one?
I guess I'm just a little confused about what we're supposed to be doing. Can you enlighten us brain-dead contestants some?

Page 4 of 11