Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#4401 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Prah : 4th Nov 2016 at 11:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I wouldn't mind seeing something along Skyrim's Mod Organizer for TS2. You could set different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out. Combine it with Clean Installer, the Hack Conflict Utility, and AGS and it'd be perfect. (Also Bashed Patches - where you could tweak various smaller settings and then just merge them all into one file. That's not MO itself though but Wrye Bash, another modding tool.)

Ever heard of AnyGameStarter? With that you can have different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4402 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:13 PM
Or you can make a second or more sims 2 folders each with their own download folder, that's how I have my modern and my medieval games set up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4403 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote:
I'd love to see the "Days since move-in" counter from TS1 brought back. I miss the convenience of it. Just one click to see how long it's been!

That's why I love the Lot Sync Timer-because if you start from Day 0, you have the number of days the family has lived on the lot. Of course when you move someone out, their lot really should be at the day they moved out on.

But that's just a personal quibble.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4404 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 8:17 PM
Do you think it would be possible for someone to make a mod where collectable treasures spawn on different lots? These metals and gems would spawn more often on lots with trees, water, and terrain variation. Diamonds and most other precious gems would be more likely to appear on the good high witch's lot, while tiberium would most likely appear on the evil high witch's lot.
Instructor
#4405 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Do you think it would be possible for someone to make a mod where collectable treasures spawn on different lots? These metals and gems would spawn more often on lots with trees, water, and terrain variation. Diamonds and most other precious gems would be more likely to appear on the good high witch's lot, while tiberium would most likely appear on the evil high witch's lot.

I don't know if it is possible, but if so, it would be difficult to do. When you add a collectible, you mess up with the BCON, I think. For what you would like, you have to mess up with a BHAV, possibly more than one...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Link Ninja
#4406 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:00 PM
I wish that if your sims opted to bartend or work as a barista or cafeteria worker there were some sub options they could do like 'chat up customer', 'hum to self', or something else instead of just standing there. Kind of like how they can relax on a bed and 'read' or 'daydream'.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4407 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
'hum to self'

Like that idea - I hum to myself grocery shopping. My mother used to sing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#4408 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 2:15 AM
another want:: a Home Crafter equivalent for AnyGameStarter.
Mad Poster
#4409 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:00 AM
I was more thinking about the other features of MO, such as automatically fixing the load order of hacks that may overwrite each other. Checking for mod updates too. One can dream.

Something that keeps the evil witch from summoning cockroaches rather than having to ban her entirely from the lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4410 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 9:37 AM
Instructor
#4411 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 5:32 PM
When teens sneak out and the limo turns up, I'd like the date NOT to be driving!
Mad Poster
#4412 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 11:25 PM
Is it possible to make an object spawner? Like, a tree or some other kind of object meant to look inconspicuous, but would spawn a random collectable somewhere on the lot. It would sort of give an element of Sims 3 to Sims 2. I don't know if that would be possible, but I think it could use the pull weeds animation. And if it's possible to edit the Hobbies and Magic hoods, would a spawner like that work? As for making the spawner inconspicuous, it could have one master object - a regular tree for example - and several slave objects like rocks, palm trees, or even maple trees. Different spawners will spawn a different assortment of special collectables.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4413 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 1:10 AM
Probably, Sun&moon have game spawn as food, ducks, snakes, rats etc, your pet can hunt and eat them, so why not other objects? They are cloned from roaches.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4414 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Why? Walls and floors are all base game.

They didn't add any wallpapers or floor tiles in any of the expansions? I find that a bit hard to believe.

Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
When teens sneak out and the limo turns up, I'd like the date NOT to be driving!

I think I'd prefer that they show up in a car that isn't obviously stolen. XD How many teenagers have access to limos?
Mad Poster
#4415 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 2:41 AM
If they are cloned from roaches, would they give the memory of seeing vermin, or lower the environment? And if they are cloned from weeds, would the collectibles lower environment score? Because, I want stationary collectible ores and gems that can be either cut or smelted. Would it be possible to have them smelted/cut via mail or with a machine? Because Paladin's refurbishable computer works with some buyable parts, and the parts that are used in the refurbishing disappear from the sim's inventory. Rather neat little custom object - too bad it doesn't have Freetime options.
Mad Poster
#4416 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 2:49 AM
Charity, what they're saying is that all the walls and floors work with all expansions regardless of which ones were in place when they were made. The biggest reason to create in AGS is to make custom content that can be used with different game engines.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#4417 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 4:02 AM
If they are cloned from roaches, would they give the memory of seeing vermin, or lower the environment? And if they are cloned from weeds, would the collectibles lower environment score? Because, I want stationary collectible ores and gems that can be either cut or smelted. Would it be possible to have them smelted/cut via mail or with a machine? Because Paladin's refurbishable computer works with some buyable parts, and the parts that are used in the refurbishing disappear from the sim's inventory. Rather neat little custom object - too bad it doesn't have Freetime options.
They don't have to be cloned from roaches. You can clone them from a decorative object, since you want a stationary item. It would require working with bhavs. There are some tutorials that could help you get started on this project that I can search for if you're interested.
Mad Poster
#4418 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 4:22 AM
I am kind of interested... though will I need to use any commercial programs to do 3D modeling? Right now, I'm saving up for a new engine for my car, and for a new computer 'cause this one is crap even with playing Sims 2. Hafta keep the settings low and monitor the temperature.
Alchemist
#4419 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 4:28 AM
No, you can use Blender for free.
Mad Poster
#4420 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 7:05 AM
Might try Blender. I'm also not that great at working with 3D modeling programs. I mean, I used to make some neat little pictures using MicroLathe, a freeware program from the days of Windows 3.1, but all I did was make simple shapes and then copy/paste them to Paintbrush. I think I'm better at vector/raster programs, and maybe making some textures.
Mad Poster
#4421 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 7:26 AM
Might try Blender. I'm also not that great at working with 3D modeling programs. I mean, I used to make some neat little pictures using MicroLathe, a freeware program from the days of Windows 3.1, but all I did was make simple shapes and then copy/paste them to Paintbrush. I think I'm better at vector/raster programs, and maybe making some textures.

If you want gem looking meshes, there are various types of ore here. http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...5639dbbc2080757
Mad Poster
#4422 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 7:20 PM
Does she allow people to use her meshes? And I'm thinking more in the line of single rocks, like ores, gems, and space rocks that you pick up. I don't think her ores and gems can be smelted or cut, though I could be wrong. If there is a way to refine the ores and gems, it's something I would look into downloading. But I would also like space rock spawners that would make space rocks appear on the lots that they are on, and the space rocks would make whoever has one in their inventory more likely to get probeded when using the telescope. I like it when my male sims - especially non-knowledge male sims - get probeded.
Alchemist
#4423 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 11:55 PM Last edited by omglo : 8th Nov 2016 at 12:20 AM.
Thanks, @terula8.

Does she allow people to use her meshes? And I'm thinking more in the line of single rocks, like ores, gems, and space rocks that you pick up. I don't think her ores and gems can be smelted or cut, though I could be wrong. If there is a way to refine the ores and gems, it's something I would look into downloading. But I would also like space rock spawners that would make space rocks appear on the lots that they are on, and the space rocks would make whoever has one in their inventory more likely to get probeded when using the telescope. I like it when my male sims - especially non-knowledge male sims - get probeded.
Reply to the bold - you'd have to add all that in yourself, with your own meshes. And the meshes wouldn't actually be getting cut. You'd have two separate meshes, for example, one that looks like a rough stone, and one that looks polished and cut. You'd have your Sim appear to work on the original stone for awhile, then you'd use BHAVs to switch between the meshes after a set time. There are a lot of gems out there that have been extracted from other games. Look on the 3t2 and 4t2 conversion websites. The meshes belong to EA, so you would be free to use them.
Mad Poster
#4424 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:08 AM
I think Sun and Moon intend to make crafting stations that use those ores and gems in time.

They made the woodcutter a while ago and the fire mod that uses the wood just came out. Before you dig in too much to it, you might look at their to do list in the forum at the Keep and see if there's something on there that looks like what you want.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#4425 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Why? Walls and floors are all base game.
several reasons::
-wall/floor/ground to be automatically imported to AnyGameStarter
-easier editing of wall/floor/ground already in AnyGameStarter
-to "complete" the equivalents of Maxis/EA programs
Page 177 of 580