Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:41 AM Last edited by FreakAboutSims : 21st Apr 2011 at 11:14 AM.
Default Sim Exports
Is it or is it not possible to export Sims from The Sims 3 over to The Sims Medieval?

EDIT: I wasn't sure which category this topic goes under so I figured it'll be modding related.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:03 PM
No, you can export Sims from Medieval to Sims 3 tough, but they look completely different so it's not really worth it.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:19 PM
Translation: Yes, you can. It's not a good idea, but you can.
Sort of like hammering a nail through your hand.

To begin with TSM and TS3 seem to have somewhat different head meshes, so the TS3 skins will look strange on TSM meshes. The hair also seems to not quite line up in some instances.
From what I can tell there is a lot of Sims3 code left in TSM that may cause conflicts and bugs as well. If you really must have your Sims 3 folks in TSM I suggest importing thier custom-hairstyles using the instructions in the stickied thread, and remaking them as best you can in TSM.
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:45 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 21st Apr 2011 at 8:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
Translation: Yes, you can. It's not a good idea, but you can.

Well, I copied a Sim from my Sims 3 SavedSims folder into my Medieval SavedSims and he didn't show up in the CAS bin, but when I copied a Medieval Sim into Sims 3 he did and I could edit him and save him back in the bin, he had the same name and gender as in TSM, only he looked very different (not only because of the skin but also his facial features were different, as if the game had picked it's own pre-set face shape and features). So as far a have seen you can't export a Sim from Sims 3 to TSM, unless he didn't show up because he was a young adult and Medieval didn't recognize that age group (the Medieval Sim that did show up in Sims 3 did as an adult)...

Edit: OK, so I tested placing and adult Sim from Sims 3 into Medieval. He showed up in the bin but the game didn't recognize his gender and the game froze when I tried to edit him, so obviously it doesn't work. I've attached a screenshot.
Screenshots

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"