Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:08 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Default Golem Quest-Wizard Needs "Modified" Curse Spell-WCIF? [Resolved]
Okay. I'm stumped once again! The Wizard needs to transform the first recruit, and it appears he needs a "modified" curse spell. I found no "modified" curse spell in Study Spells, only the "normal" one. I tried that one on the recruit, but she didn't change into a Golem. What is this "modified" curse spell and how do I aquire it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:11 PM
You can learn a new spell called Golemify. That is the modofied curse spell.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:46 AM
My Wizard has learned that spell but when I used it on the recruit, she didn't change into a Golem. I'll try it again in case my game was being glitchy. Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:55 AM
Maybe your wizard didn't have high enough focus or whatever, sometimes they cast a spell and they fail.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:19 AM
Before you got a chance to learn that spell, your wizard did a lot of researching, and it said about the spell that it will work if somebody is distracting the target with for example conversation. Just have the blacksmith talk to every target while your wizard flares up the spell so it won't fail. This is why it is useful to read all the texts, it's not all flavour!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:26 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
Before you got a chance to learn that spell, your wizard did a lot of researching, and it said about the spell that it will work if somebody is distracting the target with for example conversation. Just have the blacksmith talk to every target while your wizard flares up the spell so it won't fail. This is why it is useful to read all the texts, it's not all flavour!

Thanks, Sirah81! I do recall reading that bit of info when the Wizard read the Book on Golems. I was going to go back today and try again, this time ensuring that the recruit was engaged in a conversation. I thought she had been distracted originally, but may have broken off the conversation before the Wizard finished casting the spell (I do recall she was doing a lot of roaming around the Town Square!). Also, she may have been talking to another NPC. Don't know if that would make a difference.

@alexpilgrim - You're right. My Wizard may have had low focus which caused the spell to fail. If memory serves me, he may have been in the yellow when casting the Golemify spell.

I'll go back and ensure that Rowland (my Wizard) is more focused and see about having Hugo (my Blacksmith) engage the recruit in conversation. Thank you both for your responses!

Edit: Got it to work! I did have to use the ReRollQuests cheat to start the quest over (my first recruit went back to the village and didn't return!).