Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 12:45 AM Last edited by Dohj : 6th Aug 2014 at 3:37 AM. Reason: I meant to say Patch rather than Path

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Pets
Default I did the wrong framework install, and my game won't start.
So I go the framework from "FRAMEWORK - Necessary To Install Hack And Hacked Object" and I did as it said, "move the framework into the main folder." But I didn't realize this was for an older patch of the game, and ended up doing it. I opened the launcher and nothing was different, I launched the game and it froze. But that isn't the core issue. When I opened the launcher again, it now says, "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details". I can't open the game now, I tried removing the cache, removing the framework in the documents folder and in the core folder, but it doesn't work.
Specs?
Windows 7
Core i3-3120M at 2.50Ghz
4 GB of ram
Intel Graphics 4000 (very common)

Thank you for your time, thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:20 AM
did you already tried a "factory reset" by simply dragging the sims 3 folder to the desktop?
afterwards delet the cache files => http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files
and re-launching the game
start a new game

tell me if that changes something for you.

edit: oh and grab the correct framework from a reliable source like from the sims3 wiki: Installing Sims 3 Package Files maybe its a good idea to read CC Basics first

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>