Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:55 PM Last edited by jumei-san : 11th Aug 2014 at 1:24 PM.
Default Dark inside house
I keep adding windows and I even tried different kind of windows but it stays VERY dark inside my sim houses! It doesn't matter whether it is 11 am or 3 pm, it is always dark.

Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:33 PM
Pictures would help troubleshoot problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Pictures would help troubleshoot problem.

I added a screenshot
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:33 PM
Maybe becouse there isn't any windows or lights?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:58 PM
Even when I add windows in every wall, it stays dark. There will only be a patch of light on the floor, nothing more. And there shouldn't be any lights needed when it's day, right? :/
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:23 PM
The windows in TS3 are extremely dark by nature, it looks bad but that's how they look. That screenshot looks normal to me.
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:35 PM
Becouse it is. The light won't go through walls, even if they are down. Some of the rooms don't have windows or lights, hence my first comment. Some windows let light go in more than others. The corner room is completely normal. Also, when you are building, remove the roof, that lets in more light.
Inventor
#8 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:39 PM
That looks like auto-roof is on. If you are building a new house I suggest the first thing you do is to disable auto-roof and remove the existing roof. The inside of the house will be much lighter while in build mode. As soon as you finished building the house you can add your own roof. This is how I usualy do it.

Adding lights will help, too. It's not like in real life - even with windows it will always stay rather dark inside the house.