Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 12:05 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 29th Nov 2009 at 9:40 PM.
Default Agency Search: The Next Rising Star [Final Judging in Progress]
-Beauty Contest

Have you ever wondered what if? What if you had the chance to win the contest of your dreams? What if you had the chance to make it big? All you aspiring models are about to get the chance. "Rising Stars" is a small all-rounder agency that aims at producing young, raw talent and making them known in the entertainment field. This includes modelling and acting, whether it be as a supporting act or the main role, TV, film or theatre... We aim to put your name in bright lights!

Quote:
Please adhere to the usual forum and contest rules
This is a S2 contest
One entry is allowed per person
Adult male and female Sims of any nationality are allowed
No alien or fantasy Sims
Photoshopping will be allowed in certain rounds, and which will be specified per round
Simposing will not be allowed. 'Shopping poses is, as long as it uses only the game
As this is "Rising Star" your model should have no professional previous experience Winning a mall's Bonny Baby contest doesn't count as professional, but child/teen/adult beauty pageants would
Have a ball!

What will I be judged on?
Beauty: 10
Pose: 10
Picture Creativity: 10
Overall Creativity: 10

Round Two Judging Parameters
Pose: 10
Creativity: 10
Originality: 10
Outshine Factor: 5
Rule Adherence: 5

Round Four Judging Parameters
Television Show Creativity: 10
Catwalk Creativity: 10
Pose: 5
Originality: 10
Beauty: 5
Overall: 10

1. TRIriana
2. SolidGoldFunk84
3. Beki.cookie

1. Wgroome: Demetrios Rodos|Round One|Round Two|Round Three|Round Four
2. Aba23: Luke Ster|Round One|Round Two|Round Three|Round Four
3. Deatherella: Phil McCrakken|Round One|Round Two|Round Three|Round Four
4. Michele D: Noelle Winterton|Round One|Round Two|Round Three|Round Four

Dropped Out
1. Monstersteph: Kaori Sasaki
2. Thatgirlashley Adrian Zane
3. IntrepidLlama: Avaleigh O'Hara|Round One|Round Two
4. Wndy26: Bailey Loftner|Round One|Round Two|Round Three

Eliminated
1. Pai.kea: Amanda Reese|Round One

So what's expected during Application?

Biographical Details
Name
Place of birth and current residence, if applicable
Brief overview of yourself

Photo Opportunities
On a blank background
Headshot, shoulders up (1)
Profile shot, shoulders up (1)
Body shot (1)
In-game
An at home shot (1)

Subsequent Rounds

Application Scores

Round One:
Building the portfolio - A Day at the beach
Cover Girl and Cover Guy

Posted
Scores

Round Two:
Being the extra - Outshining the star
A step into advertisement

Posted
Scores

Round Three
Moving into theatre - Shakespeare, anyone?
Lights! Camera! Action!

Posted
Scores

Round Four
Such a hectic year - Getting your own show
Back to modelling

Timelines
Application: 28.10.2009 - 04.11.2009
Judging: 04.11.2009 - 06.11.2009

Round One: 02.11.2009 - 08.11.2009
Judging: 08.11.2009 - 10.11.2009

Round Two: 08.11.2009 - 14.11.2009
Judging: 14.11.2009 - 16.11.2009

Round Three: 14.11.2009 - 20.11.2009
Judging: 20.11.2009 - 22.11.2009

Round Four: 22.11.2009 - 28.11.2009
Judging: 26.11.2009 - 28.11.2009
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 12:05 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 10.28.09
Ends 11.28.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 10:32 AM
Checking in. .
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 11:39 AM Last edited by wgroome : 29th Oct 2009 at 1:25 PM.

This is Demetrios Rodos, a 24 year old architect from Caliview Valley. Demetrios was born on a small Greek island, but once he had his heart set on being an architect, he needed to move to a place where there were better building oppurtunities.

Demetrios has a good living, but is finding it difficult to get his buildings off the ground. Putting his architectural dreams on hold, he wants to tip his toe in his other pool of interest, modelling and acting. Ever since he was little Demetrios has secretly wanted to act and model, but traditional parents shunned this idea. He is hoping now is the perfect time to make it big... building buildings can wait!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 2:08 PM
Great application, Wgroome! .
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 2:22 PM
If you still need judges, I will be a judge.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:37 PM
I shall add you, Solid. ^^, thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 7:35 PM
I'd love to nab the last judging spot!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 7:51 PM
You got it.

Now all that's needed is more entrants!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 10:57 PM
Default Application - Luke Ster

Headshot front

Bodyshot

Alright! You already looked at my application pictures. You like? Now that you have seen me I think you should get to know me. My name is Luke Ster, this kind of became my Nickname 'Lukester', I think that was in my parents attention when they named me. I am 22 but turning 23 in a couple of weeks, and I am single. I was born in Columbus, Ohio but now decided to live in L.A. I am a pretty outgoing person and need social contacts 24/7 L.A provides that for me.

I am a cooking freak, I love to serve yummy meals to my friends and family. I am now studying nutrition science, it is pretty exciting.

Modeling - I never did that - well sometimes I pose for my Mom but that's about it. But I thought if people really want to see my face on pictures - fine with me. I am a happy lad and I am never afraid to try new things so I hope its going to be fun and I meet some cool people - and when you are nice you might be invited for a surprise dinner.

Like fresh prepared sandwiches - here the evidence:

Luke at home

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:43 AM
Luke has been added to the list, Aba23. .
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:27 PM
Thanks TRIriana!

aba23, great entry. I love Luke's hair!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:13 PM
I'm especially glad that we have a couple of male applicants. A lot of beauty contests are aimed at females, so I though having both might be a lil' different to the norm.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:32 AM
Thanks - hope that some more entries will find their way soon..

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:44 AM
As do I. I promise that the contest is going to be fun! If I get few numbers of contestants there won't be eliminations. And while the round descriptions may sound intensive, they really won't be. .
Field Researcher
#16 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 2:57 AM
Default Application: Avaleigh O'Hara

Top o' the mornin' to ye. I'm Avaleigh O'Hara of the Galway O'Hara's, daughter o' Gerald and Maeve, and Ireland's premiere actress and model.

... Okay, maybe that's not entirely true. It's just that “secretary/temp” doesn't sound all that appealin', now does it? You see, this is my plight. I have plans, *big* plans of fame and stardom and notoriety. That's why I came to America! Didn't make it as far as Los Angeles I'm afraid, as most aspiring actresses do, but I suppose my current home in downtown Simberry Fields is going to have to suffice fer now!

I'm rather inexperienced where anything havin' to do with work is concerned – I've done a lot of job changing in my twenty-three years on this ruddy earth, but I've finally found me niche! Acting and modeling! Now, my family back in the old country doesn't exactly approve of my new choice of careers – somethin' about job security, or some such malarky!- but I'm thrilled to start a new life as an actress and model extraordinaire!

Now on to more personal things, eah? I'm currently single, and reside alone in a small (nay, tiny!) apartment downtown. I spend the majority of my free time reading, cooking and catching up on my t.v shows (see below). I also love to do stand-up comedy at the local pub, and have been known to do karaoke... but only when completely plastered!

My goal for this contest is to get myself out there, and hopefully, this will be the beginning of a long and illustrious career!

At Home

Profile Shot

Body Shot
Instructor
#17 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:16 AM Last edited by wndy26 : 7th Nov 2009 at 9:50 AM. Reason: Reduced comp card photo size per HP's rules.
Default Bailey Loftner - Application

Comp Card

Restoring my car.

Name: Bailey Loftner
Place of Birth/Current Residence: I was born in Pleasantview and currently reside in Belladonna Cove.
Overview:
Well....lets see...you want to know about me. Where do I start? Hmm...ok...high school...I spent all four years of high school playing basketball. When I graduated I was recruited by Sim State University to play on their college team. While in college I majored in Philosophy. Since graduating, I took an apartment in Belladonna Cove and I am currently still looking for my big break in the employment scene. I am living off the trust fund that my granddad left for me - but that won't last too long. I am hoping to find a job in athletics or, if this pans out, in modeling.

My interests include sports and athletics (of course), restoring old cars, and cooking. I am currently single and I am not looking for a fling. I want to someday settle down and have my dream family - a wife and two kids. Until then, I plan to just hang out and have fun with my friends.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:16 AM
Cool application, Intrepid!

We're going up slowly but surely, but there's still quite a few days left for applications.

Edit: Thanks for joining, Wndy. :D.
Instructor
#19 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:20 AM
I have a question about the first round description....you state day at the beach and covergirl for building our portfolios....umm...how would a guy do something for covergirl?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:21 AM
Come on people, join!
Don't make the time we spent on our applications a waste!

wndy: I'm sure TRIriana will explain that once we get to round 1... but I'm sure guys will just be a cover "guy", I guess.....

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 12:44 PM
Intrepid - I love Avaleigh's eyes they are amazing and 'eyecatching' so to speak. Its almost like she is trying to mesmerize me.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 12:46 PM
That's just an error on my part. I'll edit it to reflect coverguy as well.
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 12:46 PM
I want to join but how do you do no backround shots?
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 12:53 PM
It'll be good to have you Simmella. You can either position your Sim in front of a blank wallpaper with the moveObjects on cheat, or edit them out of an in-game picture using an editing program like Photoshop or GIMP, and paste them onto a blank white or black JPG or GIF document.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 4:34 PM
Thanks, TRIriana! I hope we get a bunch more contestants. This sounds like it's going to be a really fun contest! There are already a lot of super apps in... but I still hope we get more!

And thanks aba23! I've got to give all credit for that to Rensim.

Page 1 of 11