Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 7:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life
Default Cant delete Mods!!!
Hey,
Ok well I have been having problems with my TS3 game for a couple days. For a while as soon as I turned it on it would work fine until I got to the loading screen, it would load all the way then just stop. And i would have to close it using Ctrl-Alt-Delete! So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it wothout uploading patch 1.7.9 which some people have said was the problem.

The game started working fine until this time I tried to enter a neighbourhood and the game would dissapear. I looked it up and tried everything they told me to do, deleting Cache. files ect. When I tried to delete my Mods I discovered I didnt know how because I had no Mods folder. Im using TS3 Helper Monkey and it didnt install a mods folder. So I kept trying to uninstall it and see if that deleted my mods, but no, the problem was not fixed and Im pretty sure my mods are still there!!

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to delete my mods?

Help!

Cheers, Gracie!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:16 AM
What OS are you running and what exactly is the path that you have checked, for CC/Mods?
The Helper Monkey cannot "uninstall" CC for you, you have to either delete the resource.cfg or /Mods/Packaes/ folder that it installs in the ProgramFiles path.

And what game version does the Launcher show now (bottom left corner)?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:18 AM
You definitely do have a Mods folder if you're using the Helper Monkey and have been installing custom content. Look in the game's install directory: for most people this is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - Mods\Packages will be under that. Make sure you're NOT looking in My Documents (where you deleted the Cache files). There should be a Resource.cfg file in the "The Sims 3" folder so you'll know you've found the right place.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
What OS are you running and what exactly is the path that you have checked, for CC/Mods?
The Helper Monkey cannot "uninstall" CC for you, you have to either delete the resource.cfg or /Mods/Packaes/ folder that it installs in the ProgramFiles path.

And what game version does the Launcher show now (bottom left corner)?

Yes, but thats the problem! I cannot find my mods folder anywhere and I dont know what people mean when they say look in your ProgramFiles. Can you run me through it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You definitely do have a Mods folder if you're using the Helper Monkey and have been installing custom content. Look in the game's install directory: for most people this is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - Mods\Packages will be under that. Make sure you're NOT looking in My Documents (where you deleted the Cache files). There should be a Resource.cfg file in the "The Sims 3" folder so you'll know you've found the right place.

I really have no idea if I do or do not have a mods folder. The only place I can find a sims 3 folder is in My Documents??
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:30 AM
HP already provided the path, you still can't locate it?

That's why we need to know your Operating System - XP, Vista/Win7, MacOS - so we can give you the exact path to check.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:31 AM
Im using Windows Vista and its version 1.0.631.00002 I worried about updating it to patch 1.7.9.002002 as I think it might ruin my game again
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:37 AM
It should still be in the same place on Vista - it might be Program Files (x86) instead of just Program Files, but in any case, it'll be there. Try doing a search on your computer for Resource.cfg - there should be one in the same place as the Mods folder (you should find two).

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:40 AM
This wiki might help: removing CC
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:06 AM
Thankyou so much! I found my ProgramFiles folder and I found the mods folder but now everytime I go to delete it a message comes up saying Destination Folder Acess Denied? Anymore ideas??
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:11 AM
I think you may have to temporarily disable UAC: http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-UAC ... not a Vista user so not sure about that, but it sounds right.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:33 AM
Okiee Dokes thanks it works fine now! Would I be able to add my mods back now??
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 10:43 AM
Well, you can try adding them back, but bear in mind that a lot of things are not compatible with World Adventures/the newest patch - add-on content such as furniture, clothes, hair, etc. usually is okay (though there have been some reports of certain objects causing problems) but anything that is an actual mod that changes game behavior is probably not okay and may need to be updated for such a major patch.

Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:23 PM
Im having a bit of trouble. When i look in program files(x86), that's the only place where i can find The Sims 3 besides Documents.But i only find a folder called "Game" in the Program Files.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:10 PM
You need to create a new thread for your problem.

And state what the problem is? You can't start the game?

Sims 3 is a 32bit game, so it won't create a folder in "Program Files" since that's where the 64bit programs go.