Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 8:16 PM Last edited by metallifan : 7th Aug 2014 at 10:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC Not installed, but still showing up in game
I'm having an issue with a piece of CC that isn't apparently installed in my game showing up in CAS and all over the place. After a few -days- of searching Google for it, it I think it's this mod, here:
http://hdscreations.blogspot.it/201...-accessory.html

Thing is, I don't recall ever downloading it, and I rarely download any custom sims - I'm certain none of the ones I did came with this mod attached. The .rar file contains two Sims3Pack files, neither of which show up in my TS3 "Downloads" folder, and there's no .package files of a matching name in my Packages folder. Basically, it appears to not be installed in my game at all, and yet every sim that spawns with random outerwear assigned always has this mod assigned to the glove slot. I recall there being a way in the game to log the CC data in CAS, I think it was by right clicking, but I can't seem to do it anymore, which is annoying as IIRC, it gave the mod ID as installed in the DCBackup folder.

Anyone have any other ideas how I might be able to track this thing down? As I said, it doesn't show up in either of the main install directories for mods. My only guess is that it's hiding in DCBackup, but I can't get the log info to appear in CAS now.

*EDIT* I should add that I also went through the files in my DCCache and loaded them individually into the launcher to see if I could find it and nada.

*EDIT II* I'm not sure how it worked, or why, but I loaded up CAS, clicked the "Delete" trashcan button, and then Ctrl+Right Clicked on the item and it disappeared from CAS completely, no option to even select it anymore. Not sure how that solved the problem, but it did. I guess this can be closed?

*EDIT III* Crap, nope. Gone from CAS, but still see sims spawning with it. Where the heck -is- this mod stored?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:39 PM
maybe the glock came with a sim? did you read this http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.d...n-launcher.html the entry is about limitations of the launcher to show all downloads in the UI and also deals with SavedSims data that can have the file in them even after deleting the item/file otherwise. if its due to a sim you installed - you have to find the sim it came with and uninstall sim+ bad accessory.

did you already checked this guide? Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Content

edit: i converted the glocks to packages and the dasboard said: conflict for both : female glock with male glock and the male with CAS parts accessory but none of them was marked for random? why do these apply on every sim

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 10:17 PM Last edited by metallifan : 7th Aug 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
maybe the glock came with a sim? did you read this http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.d...n-launcher.html the entry is about limitations of the launcher to show all downloads in the UI and also deals with SavedSims data that can have the file in them even after deleting the item/file otherwise. if its due to a sim you installed - you have to find the sim it came with and uninstall sim+ bad accessory.

did you already checked this guide? Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Content

edit: i converted the glocks to packages and the dasboard said: conflict for both : female glock with male glock and the male with CAS parts accessory but none of them was marked for random? why do these apply on every sim

That guide and 3 others.

I remember this had appeared -before- I had ever downloaded any custom sims. (I tend to stick more to objects and patterns, and usually from MTS. The exchange has so many pieces of clingy CC, it's ridiculous) I had stopped playing the game for a while, and forgot about this mod, until just this week when I picked it back up again, and it didn't take long to remind me of its annoying presence. That's also odd that you say it isn't flagged for random, because when I looked at the content log in CAS, it had random set to 'true' (Also, again, the fact that it spawns on random Townies and the like is a dead giveaway)

The really odd thing is that it also -only- appears on the 'Seasons' outerwear of these random sims, despite being flagged as available for -all- outfits.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:01 AM
there might be another version of the glock as download that actually is set to random! i only tried the files from the link you gave me. but it was flagged as outerwear. edit : also as far as its no big deal re-assigning them it is absolutely possible someone altered the flags and putted it on a sim for download...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:26 AM
I haven't found -any- other version anywhere though, that's the thing. Like I said, this was -days- (Actually, almost 2 weeks worth) of searching for this. Don't ask me how it was so hard to find, Google is stupid sometimes. I just got the log to show up again on another townie that spawned with it. Here's what it says:

Body Type: Gloves
Instance: 0x3EAFC6DE0EBE3D85
Group: 0x00000000
Ages: Teen, YoungAdult, Adult, Elder
Genders: GenderMask
Species: Human
Categories: Naked,Everyday,Formalwear,Sleepwear,Athletic,Career,Primary
Categories,
Extended: ValidForRandom,
BotPart: False

<InvalidParts>

<Instance>0x3EAFC6DE0EBE3D85</Instance>
<Group>0x00000000</Group>
<Age>YoungAdult</Age>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
<Species>Human</Species>
<Categories>Outerwear</Categories>
<WorldTypes>University</WorldTypes>
</InvalidParts>

Look more or less identical to what you're seeing?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:48 PM
i suck with uploading pics so here is a S3OC "copy paste action":
male glock unique username: HDSCreations_Glockaccessory_Male_56094B2E
accessory - bracelet (right hand assigned)
Teen - Elder
Everyday Formal Sleep Swim Athletic Career Outerwear

female glock unique username: HDSCreations_Glockaccessory_Female_1F88789F
all the same but female ;-)

so to say: same same but different it seems. HDS weapon was assigned as a bracelet NOT a glove. it must be another accessory download you have... or am i crazy. also i would like to say that its assigned to nakked is unawesome. the glock by HDS wasnt either!

Crinrict http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/catego...-content/bad-cc + http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...s-directly.html sorry i think the searching goes on...
EDIT: i am not sure but isnt it possible to get the ID (name + ressource key) of that accessory? since you could reveal the instance, flags and stuff...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
I don't think so, all that showed up in the log is what I posted there. No ID. I tried searching DCBackup for the Instance number but there were no matches.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:53 AM
maybe the glove (glock) is stored in your SavedSims. can you move this folder to the desktop and try (deleting cache files + world cache + thumb ) what a new save game CAS says.
also did you try deleting the caches + thumbnails lately? and did you go through this at the very beginning => Finding Problem Costum Content maybe you need the 50/50 method again if you have to rearrange your SavedSims

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:50 AM
I actually found an easier solution. This mod that sets all gloves to random -off-, thus spawning townies and random OW outfits without gloves on them. Which is fine, frankly I don't care if they're wearing gloves or not. As long as everyone and their uncle isn't walking around waving poorly animated Glocks :P