Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:06 PM
Heaven, just a question :-) are we allowed to put in our chapter without the pictures, and then later on edit the post by adding the pics? :-)
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Heaven, just a question :-) are we allowed to put in our chapter without the pictures, and then later on edit the post by adding the pics? :-)

I'd really rather you didn't. If, for some reason you HAVE to, that's fine. Otherwise, I'd say post when your story is 95-100% complete and just use edit for small things like spelling or fixing up a paragraph or so.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Site Helper
#153 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:39 PM
I'm regretting Sims 3 for a different reason... I still have several more sets to build. And picking a nice world with plenty of room to put new buildings means that I also have to build sims to populate it. At least in Sims 2 you could find Goopy, Ivy Copur, Benjamin Long, etc. as soon as you started a game and went to a community lot.

(Not to mention that this would be a lot simpler if I could use the Pose Player...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I'd really rather you didn't. If, for some reason you HAVE to, that's fine. Otherwise, I'd say post when your story is 95-100% complete and just use edit for small things like spelling or fixing up a paragraph or so.

Alright, my pc is a little bit screwed up so that's why I wanted to know. I'm typing the story on the ipad for now, and waiting for the pc to get fixed so that I can take the pics
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#155 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Alright, my pc is a little bit screwed up so that's why I wanted to know. I'm typing the story on the ipad for now, and waiting for the pc to get fixed so that I can take the pics

Oh! I see what you mean. It wouldn't count towards getting everyone's entries in and starting Round 3 sooner. That would only happen if all the entries were complete. Otherwise, if all the other entries came in and we started judging, you'd lose out on all those picture points. If the PC isn't fixed by the deadline though, definitely post what you have then because any points are better than none.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#156 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:56 AM
I can tell you right now I won't be getting my entry in earlier. I haven't had time to even really think about it. I'll get it done - I just hope to be able to get all this other stuff done first. But this story is more interesting and it will take precedence if I run close to out of time
Forum Resident
#157 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:59 AM
Cece, Oh My God. Poor Juliette, *hugs her tight*

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#158 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 7:35 AM
Big (belated) thanks to the judges for all their helpful comments and for being so quick with them, judging all these must be as much work as actually writing them, maybe more, especially the more involved the stories get! D:
Quote: Originally posted by Viva1994
Writing is such a cut throat, 400th draft, intuitive process; it's wonderful to be judged on how I'm doing. (even if it makes me question my entire process, forget what I've learned, eventually forget how to breathe, and then end up gasping for breath on the ground in a pile of angst sometimes) Thank you.

This made me lol so much but it’s true! I had no idea people would be that interested in the Red’s history...suppose I should plan to explain more than I initially intended to! Also, thanks for the comments about the character, I think character development was one of the things I struggled with last time so good to know I might be improving Not many answers planned next chapter though, maybe more questions!

@Heaven, I was just listening to a certain song by a lovely Brit that made me realise these aren’t book quotes. I was wondering where you got them (I must've missed it on the front page...or I'm just forgetful!) Now I’m gonna have to find the song that goes with every quote, dammit!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#159 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:40 PM Last edited by heaven : 16th Jul 2012 at 2:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
@Heaven, I was just listening to a certain song by a lovely Brit that made me realise these aren’t book quotes. I was wondering where you got them (I must've missed it on the front page...or I'm just forgetful!) Now I’m gonna have to find the song that goes with every quote, dammit!

Happy Hunting!!!

No, really, I can tell you, unless you want to guess.
“I tell myself that I'll be strong.” - Ellie Goulding, Lights
“Bless your soul, you've got your head in the clouds.” - Adele, Rumour Has It
“God knows I'm tough enough…” - Jason Mraz, I Won't Give Up

“He's a devil in disguise…” - Carrie Underwood, Cowboy Casanova
“I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone".” - Taylor Swift, Safe and Sound
“I'm just like you, only prettier.” - Miranda Lambert, Only Prettier

Of course there is one in the next round I can't remember to save my life. Thanks miss, thanks a lot.

Site Helper
#160 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:02 PM
It will probably come back to you. At 3 AM.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
The other one
#161 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heaven
Round 2: Bonus Worth 5 points Hero costume time! Introduce an outfit (it doesn’t have to be a permanent choice) that your hero could use as his/her costume.

Can I just clarify, does the outfit have to look super hero-ey? Will judges be scoring on whether it could pass as a super hero's outfit if you know what I mean? I just finished up all my pics but it's occured to me that while my outfit change fits my storyline, it might be a bit too "normal" looking D: She only wears it in the last two pics though so I could change it relatively easily but I'll be gutted if I have to 'cause It's adorable!

Site Helper
#162 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:50 PM
Now I remember what I wanted to ask. :doh:

If the excerpt is used more than once (Same quote, just used twice...) does it have to be highlighted each time?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:50 PM
Can I just clarify, does the outfit have to look super hero-ey? Will judges be scoring on whether it could pass as a super hero's outfit if you know what I mean? I just finished up all my pics but it's occured to me that while my outfit change fits my storyline, it might be a bit too "normal" looking D: She only wears it in the last two pics though so I could change it relatively easily but I'll be gutted if I have to 'cause It's adorable!

No, it doesn't have to be hero-y. It doesn't have to have a cape. Though I might give you 6 points instead of 5 if you manage to work THAT in.

Just kidding about the cape. I'm an EJ so I don't even GIVE scores.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Now I remember what I wanted to ask. :doh:

If the excerpt is used more than once (Same quote, just used twice...) does it have to be highlighted each time?

As long as it is italicized or bolded or underlined or whatever once, that's fine. Just so we can see that you've used it. I will note that you do get scored on how well you use it so bold the one you want to be judged on.

The other one
#164 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
No, it doesn't have to be hero-y. It doesn't have to have a cape. Though I might give you 6 points instead of 5 if you manage to work THAT in.

Funnily enough that was my first thought! Didn't somebody geeky once say all the best super heros have capes? My next thought was tights but I scrapped that too :/ oh well, I have some hero-y boots, that's gonna have to do! :p

Field Researcher
#165 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:30 AM
Funnily enough that was my first thought! Didn't somebody geeky once say all the best super heros have capes? My next thought was tights but I scrapped that too :/ oh well, I have some hero-y boots, that's gonna have to do! :p

Hehe. This made me think of the movie The Incredibles. "No capes!"

`
Scholar
#166 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qnshr5
Hehe. This made me think of the movie The Incredibles. "No capes!"

`

Me too! xD Gosh I loved that movie... *Goes to find the DVD*

I had a bit too much fun with my superhero outfit...

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#167 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:28 AM Last edited by spladoum : 19th Jul 2012 at 5:45 AM.
Eric Cowert is a brilliant doctor, but after he loses a young patient in surgery, his talent can't overcome his fear. His colleagues still believe in him, but he doesn't believe in himself, and his comeback trail is rapidly growing dark.

Current Plot Point: Embarrassing Rescue
Previous Plot Points: Mysterious Past
Word Count: 1,665
CC Used: Allowed--yes: store items, custom eyes, OMSP, tipsy OMSP, skin by HP
The other one
#168 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:39 AM Last edited by missroxor : 19th Jul 2012 at 9:52 AM.
Default Blood Red - Chapter 2
I think I saved all my pics on a lower setting by accident, they all seem lower quality than usual (not that it's particularly high to start with) and I didn't notice until I saw them all big and stretched out on this post. If I get time I'll try to redo some of the worst ones D:

Previously: Jada Greene is a young and eager guard of the city’s Inner Circle defences. Her father is the city governor and Commander-in-Chief of military assets. Jada’s job is to defend against the Reds who are banned from the city and are “hated and reviled for countless reasons”, which are not yet explained though Jada describes them as, “awful creatures, prone to violence and fits of insanity” and, “un-educated savages”. She later laments their impending doom at her father’s orders saying, “they’re still technically human beings.” Jada thinks she’s tough and couldn’t wait to put her training to use by catching her first Red but on the night of the first heavy fire on the Reds she freezes. Worse still, upon meeting her first wild red she’s caught off guard when he seems to know about an envelope she’d been sent that indicated she was somehow related to a Red (she’d passed it off as a prank by her co-workers). Instead of capturing the Red she acts on instinct and saves him but is caught in the cross-fire and shot by her patrol partner, Ray.

Field Researcher
#169 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:53 AM
Possibly stupid question time! With the quote: “I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone".” Do I have to use double quotes? Can I use single quotes (and put the full stop inside the quotes)? ie "I remember you said, 'Don't leave me here alone.'" Oh. I added a comma there too. The double quotes thing is just because when I'm quoting in dialogue I generally use single. The punctuation is just.. me being picky. But I don't want to lost points over being picky, so if I can't because it counts as changing it, I'll just avoid thinking about it

I'm fine with the word count this Round.. but I would love double the picture count haha
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 10:37 AM
I'm sorry guys, I have to announce my drop out of the competition due to serious technical problems. I was REALLY into this, and it might've finally been the only contest I could've completed on mod the sims. It's just not meant to be apparently... and it seriously pisses me off... But anyway I wish to all of you who still are competing good luck!
To Heaven, I'm truly sorry, I know you're probably gonna hate me for this (because I remember how you warned us about how it would be best if we didn't join the contest if we had to drop out later), but it really doesn't have anything to do with "lack of inspiration" or any thing of the kind. It's just my computer not working and taking weeks to get fixed...
Anyways, I hope you understand
Again good luck to all of you!
Forum Resident
#171 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 12:02 PM
Oh waterjay, sad to hear, but stuff happens. I don't even know if mine it going to be in on time either, but it will be there in the end.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamlyn
Possibly stupid question time! With the quote: “I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone".” Do I have to use double quotes? Can I use single quotes (and put the full stop inside the quotes)? ie "I remember you said, 'Don't leave me here alone.'" Oh. I added a comma there too. The double quotes thing is just because when I'm quoting in dialogue I generally use single. The punctuation is just.. me being picky. But I don't want to lost points over being picky, so if I can't because it counts as changing it, I'll just avoid thinking about it

I'm fine with the word count this Round.. but I would love double the picture count haha

As long as you don't change the actual wording or order, I'm not going to have the judges dock points for punctuation or using quotations or not. Hopefully that helps.

Also, we have about 34 hours left. How is everyone doing? Waterjay, I am disappointed that you have to drop out and sorry to see you go.

Site Helper
#173 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:28 PM
I'm fighting a pair of rootkits... And a son who wants to use my computer because he "can hardly hear" You Tube on his. (I'm seriously wondering if he needs his ears cleaned.)

I'm still hoping to have something ready by the deadline, though.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:06 PM
Ghost, good to know you are working, even with the impediements you seem to be experiencing!!!

With the serious lack of entries and responses, I am considering adding an extension. However, said extension would come with a price of losing points. I haven't decided if this will be necessary yet and I am hoping it won't be. Please, please check in and let me know if you believe that you can get your entry in on time so I can see how many people are behind.

And no more drop outs! It makes me sad. And I shall hunt you down and make you finish your story anyway, even if not during the contest. Our own ReyaD can attest to that from the first story contest. So, seriously, keep working...or else.

Inconceivable!
#175 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:47 PM
Hey heaven. I'm working on my entry, but I've had a crazy week and just haven't had much time for Sims. (My mom came down with strep that turned into pneumonia so I've been away from my house and my computer trying to look after her.) An extension would be great, even if it means losing points. Although, if you're willing to offer even one day more without a point deduction, even better.

Page 7 of 15