Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:10 AM
Default quick question about adding universities
Sorry if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find anything in a search. What I want to know is if it's safe to add all 3 of the universities to a neighborhood? Unlike in the past I'm trying my best to avoid any neighborhood corruption, so I just want to know if there's any risk in adding all 3. I'm sure the answer might be obvious, and I may be stupid for even asking, but I just want to play it safe this time around.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:12 AM
You can add all three and even your own custom one as well if you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:16 AM
You'll end up with a lot of dormies and professors, but it's perfectly safe.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:18 AM
Cool, thanks for the quick help guys!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:59 AM
You can keep your Prof's under control with 'There Can be Only One' http://cyjon.net/node/291

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:20 AM
I forgot last night, but if you add both Sim State and a custom Uni, or two custom Unis, you'll end up with dormies that look the same but that have different names. That's perfectly fine -- when you add a custom Uni, the game uses the Sim State template to create dormies, but they aren't duplicates -- they're more like identical twins separated at birth.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th May 2015 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
You'll end up with a lot of dormies and professors, but it's perfectly safe.

Just dormies - there is only ever one installation of professors but a new university is a set of students each time (and the template is for 50).

I thought there was a maximum of three universities possible? I'm pretty sure that's right. One of the selling points of the shopping districts from OFB was that you could add as many as you liked.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:03 PM
I added a custom university to my GS Uberhood, which already had all three, so I could experiment with layout from my regular game, and the uberhood's giving me no problems. There's not much there yet, granted, and I haven't moved anybody into it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)