Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I tried adding a hunted ghost to household, BIG MISTAKE
Hello,
So this is a very odd error.
So I have two sims in a household together who are ghost hunters. One of them was doing an Angry Ghost Invasion and I decided to add the ghost my sim was hunting to their household using testingcheatsenabled to spice things up in my household. BIG MISTAKE. So the ghost seemed to be bound to the lot it was haunting (meaning it could not leave the lot) and then the ghost disappeared and also disappeared from the portrait selection. I thought everything was okay, but the ghost still shows up in the family preview picture and the game won't let me edit my town because "You cannot enter Edit Town when a sim is dying in your household". The game still let me save and exit as normal. I tried resetting the ghost using resetsim after the ghost disappeared, and I still got the notification that I could not enter Edit Town.

I regret my actions and just want to find out if there is a way to reset my household so I can enter Edit Town. I saved a separate file for the household a short while back and will resort to that if needed (I would prefer if that wasn't the case).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:30 PM
pay a visiit to Twallan's website - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/, have a look at MasterController, DebugEnabler, and/or ErrorTrap. One or more of these mods should be able to help you resolve the issue.