Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 7:54 AM Last edited by Anaistiri5 : 19th Dec 2016 at 8:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Sims 3 Won't Load Or Takes Hours To Load
I used to have a Macbook Pro which was fine for Sims 3 (I didn't have very much cc). When I bought Sims 4, I stopped playing Sims 3 for several months. When I came back to play Sims 3, I downloaded a lot more Custom Content (I have about 500 pieces of cc) and that's where my problems started. Sims 3 would take 6 or so hours to load and then would freeze immediately on the CAS screen. I kind of gave up on it. Then I got my new laptop- an HP Pavilion 14" with 2gb Ram, intel core i5.
Sims 4 worked fine but none of my cc showed up. Sims 3 completely crapped out. It worked, at first, when I had no cc but as soon as I installed my mods folder from my old laptop, it stopped working. When I tried to install my downloaded sims3Packs in the launcher, a black screen popped up but nothing happened (even after an hour of waiting). I downloaded WinRAR and converted my Sims3packs to .packages and installed them into my Mods folder. This didn't work either. The game wouldn't load (even after waiting for 10-15 hours!!)
I thought that I might have a piece of dodgy Custom Content so I began trying the 50% method of identifying dodgy cc. It didn't work- everytime I tried to start the game, it would not load, frustratingly. I tried removing the Custom Content and launching the game but it took even longer to load (!) and kept me on the blank black page after clicking play. I continued through the steps of http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Loading_Crashes but nothing worked. Game works without mods folder but I would like to play with cc. As you can imagine, this has been very very irritating for me as I bought a new laptop mostly or sims and it isn't even working.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 9:07 AM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Post the device config?

Also delete, move, or rename your TS3 user folder and start the game. Let it create a new one.

Thanks for your reply
I have since solved this by deleting cc and starting fresh as a lot of my old downloaded cc was really dodgy and was messing up my laptop
Thank you