Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

-Reworking the Maxis Workout Clothes- Default Replacements

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,832 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 104,973 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:02 AM
Updated: 7th Sep 2011 at 7:59 PM
Update: I've included the black tracksuit in my default package now. You won't notice a difference unless you have someone high up in the athletic career track though. The 'new' color scheme for it is black (surprise!) and white, just like the others. Go check out this thread to add it to your catalog options - May 30, 2008

I've been stuck in a rut, I can't seem to get ahead in any of my projects so I spent the entire afternoon working on these. I wanted to be able to say I FINISHED something. (Its finished when I can present it to you) Originally I had decided against making replacements for these outfits, but then I realized I still dread having to pick them out for my sims, so that needed to change. I like the Men's Athletic outfit, so I didn't touch it, I honestly couldn't figure out a way to improve it. The ladies outfits, on the other hand, were the worst stuff ever. I could never figure out a good way of fixing them but I finally decided not to let that stop me, halfway through making the coloring template it dawned on me. This new color scheme is applied on the teen, adults, and elders outfits.

These are DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS, meaning, when you place them in your downloads folder, they will act as Maxis clothing, completely replacing their counterparts. This includes sims currently wearing them. If you want to remove mine and return to the maxis versions, just delete my package from your downloads folder. Btw, if you want your clothing catalog images to reflect these changes, delete your thumbnails folder: C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. The game will generate new ones. If you want not default versions, check out this thread of mine.

The outfits that May and Arthur are modeling are also in my Athletic wear category, thanks to one of my Catalog Edit mods. (Everything Version, Athletic Only Version) These outfits are available for both Adults and Elders. Their color scheme has been bugging me to make them when I try to fall asleep, so I partly did them so I can hopefully get to sleep faster, so need it right now too... Anyways, they are called 'Sweats' and the shoes also got fixed. Jeez they were ugly.

The last set of outfits that got changed were the Teen 'Hip Sweats'. Sephira and I had some strong words over this change. My argument was that I didn't want her wearing something that shows her midriff. Her argument was 'You are ruining my life'. After a couple of slammed doors, she finally went and put on a longer undershirt. I approve, I hope you do too. You will also notice that she has stopped being so obsessive with her shoes and gave up wearing the ugly ones.

Enjoy!
-Phaenoh

P.S. Leave me a note, k?

Additional Credits:
Sephira will get over it. And if she doesn't that's too bad for her. No bare midriffs in my house!