Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 8:32 PM
I dunno.. i always thought that the whole point of the Sims(2) was unstructured gameplay. For people to tell stories, decorate/build houses, create CCs and machinima... There's plenty of other structured games out there. However ever since Sims 2 arrived, I'm starting to believe EA is trying to milk this franchise dry. Their eps haven't been extraordinary, with the exception of nightlife and OFB. I love pets because I wanted animals but that's all they gave us which I felt was poor on their part. Instead they try to throw everything else in stuff packs to get you to spend another $20 when eps cost nearly $40 here (canada). I don't think they really care all that much about their players anymore - they just want the money. That's the feeling I get from them. As fans you can always choose where you spend your money but I'm certainly getting more and more selective the more "stuff" they push out on us as they're rushing the job and I want quality over quantity.
Advertisement
#77 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 9:40 AM
i was thinking after reading the translation by raye1, that it is a new expansion and not a stuffs pack (stupid stuffs packs hehehe, i can't afford them, don't even have pets yet) and that it is good to play on laptop, and that it comes in DVD form, and that this is interesting if it is what i think it is that players get to:

>> play the game from laura point of view in the game and then play the same thing again from lukas's point of view? do you think thats what it meant.

scenario laura and lukas has to be connected in some way perhaps brothers and sisters and they lead different lifes, in a same household, and you control them to do things at once is what we have now, so two complete stories could mean that after you play the laura's side of the story, you can some how play the lukas side of the story... like you enter household and you get to select whos the "lead character" you want it to be, say we select laura, then after that we safe and load the household again and this time we can select lukas to be the "lead character"

hahaha am i making it clear?

k lets try again: have you watch You've got Mail?

imaging the opening sequence where it show tom hanks doing his daily stuffs from when he got up, have breakfast with his girlfriend and then sends her off to work then he goes check his email.... then it goes to show meg ryan doing her thing at the exact same time at her place.... then the scene cuts between them as they walk to work??? i think life story is like that....

i try ahahahaha hope you understand what i am saying.

"-Control your Sims lives in two complete stories through a brand new storyline mode- play through the life events from Laura(I have no clue who Laura is!), who returns home to begin a new life with new friends and new experiences and unexpected surprises. In a bonus storyline you can complete the love life from Lukas( whoever that is!) , a Hi Tech loving nerd who has always been unlucky in love!"
#78 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:19 PM
What's most annoyed me about this new game/line is this:

"Play through all the great moments of your Sim’s life in this easy-to-play, laptop-friendly version of The Sims."

It's going to have laptop friendly specs...why the heck they didn't do that with the current games I don't know, would save me alot of hassle :eviltongu
Site Helper
#79 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 1:33 PM
Laptop friendly means leaving out game options which would make it difficult to run on a laptop. Thus creating an entirely different experience. (Although a new laptop could probably handle the sims 1 by now.) It APPEARS that this is what Life Stories is attempting to do.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 9:35 PM
This is great! I can play it on my laptop!

Does anyone know of the specs yet? Mine is old so I hope it will be good enough to play.
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:25 PM
Well, I think this is just a stupid way for EA and Maxis to make money.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:49 AM
One thing I'm looking forward to is playing Sims2 at home instead of going to my friends house to play it. Thats right, I don't play it at home because my computer can't handle the game! Maybe it seems dumb to everyone who has a machine that can play it.
Page 4 of 4