Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Move Over Dahlen

by leefish Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM by leefish : add collection file info

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#76 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:32 AM
Reminds me of the shelving at my local library! Cool!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#77 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 6:47 AM
Ah, the file dates. Never occured to me. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 7:59 PM
These are wonderful! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 5:41 PM
where do i find the books to put in the shelves??
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ale_bonofiglio
where do i find the books to put in the shelves??

You need to download the books from this thread - if you download collection versions and the collection file you can find them in the collections files. If you use catalog versions they should be in Decorative/Miscellaneous.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#81 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
You need to download the books from this thread - if you download collection versions and the collection file you can find them in the collections files. If you use catalog versions they should be in Decorative/Miscellaneous.

Thanks so much!! This is awesome, I had an extra room in one of my houses and I covered every wall with books!!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ale_bonofiglio
Thanks so much!! This is awesome, I had an extra room in one of my houses and I covered every wall with books!!

Thank you, I tried to make it so it was fun to decorate with

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 1:03 AM
I was building my neighborhood a library and remembered that I should download this. I totally dopeslapped myself for forgetting to. And now I'm going back to fix my new library. :3 Thank you very much for this awesome download.
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the mazoku
I was building my neighborhood a library and remembered that I should download this. I totally dopeslapped myself for forgetting to. And now I'm going back to fix my new library. :3 Thank you very much for this awesome download.

OMG my head asplode from doing this...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the mazoku
OMG my head asplode from doing this...

Is that good or bad head asplosions??

Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:08 PM
I love this, but I'm having some problems with actually putting the books in the bookcase as they go in the same slot. How could I resolve this?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOfficialSJP
I love this, but I'm having some problems with actually putting the books in the bookcase as they go in the same slot. How could I resolve this?

You have to press M to cycle through the slots (look in the upload post for "Tips on book placement").

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:04 AM
You rock !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 3:10 PM
Thanks for this, I've been disappointed lately that I can't find bookshelves that are updated with Free Time. These are fantastic! Also thanks for making them available in just collections so I'm not sorting through a ton of random book stacks in my deco catalog
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:12 PM
I absolutely love this in game! it looks great and is very versitle. Thanks to Flake4 for the recolor reference. I'm looking for a clean white recol. Like so many others I'm sure ts3 is a nice game but I have no plans to ever leave ts2. Thanks for creating for ts2!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 8:32 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I've been wanting to build a library forever but it always looked stupid with the exact same books on every shelf. This is perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:15 AM
Help! Excuse my noobness, but how do you put books on the shelves? The only shelf that I can get the books to go on are the ones touching the ground. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#93 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:17 AM
You need to press M to cycle through the slots.... Please read the first post - Tips on Book Placement.

This is how slots work in Sims2. If you have multiple slots then you have to press M while the item is on the same footprint as the shelf, it will step through the slots until you let go of it, each press of M will move it one slot. As there are 40 slots on the corner piece it CAN take a while.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 5:31 PM
Thank you for these beauties!
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 5:36 PM
Thank you very much it looks fantastic, but it takes forever to place books, I was trying to make a library but I only got half done in 2 hrs. it usually takes me an hour to finish something like this because when you place the books on the shelves they don't sit right, like if i place a large book you have to place it 3 times then delete the others and have to keep repeating this.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#96 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 9:08 PM
Hmm, well, I don't quite know what you mean about deleting the others. I did say in the main post that I chose to have three slots per shelf so it would be flexible. What you can do is use M to cycle past a slot. You don't have to fill each slot first.

If you are still struggling you can use a slotblocker - there is one from FairyForest that is very good.

Link to slotblocker

You can just press M and cycle through the slots - its what I do. I have several shelves with just one item in the middle. I did consider that it was a bit of a drag to have to click through when using the big stacks - but I think it keeps it more flexible this way.
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 12:15 AM
M to circle through slots never worked for me, I guess it came with a later EP than Nightlife. :/
But thank you for the link, that should come in handy!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
THANKS POST
#98 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:50 PM
Another fantastic creation. I swear, I use your stuff more than the items included in the actual game. Thanks for giving me some new options for libraries, studies and whatnot. It's too bad you aren't being paid for your work-the creators over at EAxis really could learn a lot from you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 8:44 PM
Yeah, you just became one of my favorite people. I have shelves fitted around my room and although I can match many aspects of my room on sims, I cannot match my shelves. This is an extremely functional and flexible object set. Thank you!
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 11:34 PM
These are lovely! One question, though -- are the deco books slaved to the original books? I have a period game so I would only want them if they will take all my historical recolors thanks!
Page 4 of 7