Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 8:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can't Find Answers To This Launcher Glitch
I have a ton of cc from the simsresource installed in my launcher, but for no reason the launcher uninstalled all of my sims3packs. however, it kept all of my store content. I checked all my settings and it still allows cc. all of my cc is in the downloads section, but everytime i reinstall it, it doesn't go in my game. i tried doing it all at once and individually and it still won't work. it says it's installed but when i close the launcher and reopen it it's like i never did any of it. i've searched everywhere and no one else has had this problem. i would really appreciate some help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 9:47 PM
Have you tried loading the game to see if the CC is there? It sounds like your game may need to be reinstalled. (yeah I know that's BAD BAD)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Have you tried loading the game to see if the CC is there? It sounds like your game may need to be reinstalled. (yeah I know that's BAD BAD)
i have and the cc isn't there. i'm considering reinstalling it but first i'm going to see if it's a storage issue by trying to free up storage on my mac. the game has now escalated to crashing and i think it might be that there's simply not enough space to run the game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maggieflan
i have and the cc isn't there. i'm considering reinstalling it but first i'm going to see if it's a storage issue by trying to free up storage on my mac. the game has now escalated to crashing and i think it might be that there's simply not enough space to run the game
reinstalled everything and my game still won't open and i can't install anything with the launcher
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 5:29 AM
Reinstalling does not necessarily change the contents of the TS3 game folder in Documents. Have you tried pulling your entire TS3 game folder out to the Desktop, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one upon its next attempted launch and does that behave any better/differently?

When you uninstalled, before you reinstalled, did you remove all of the hidden files the game puts in various places? Those will get in the way of a reinstall.
https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do...nstall-on-a-mac

Did you SuperPatch up to 1.67 after the reinstall?
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...er-patcher/#mac

Is this a disc or Origin install (or a combo) and which version of OS X do you have?

How much free space do you now have on your drive?