Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 7:41 PM Last edited by ladynevermind : 24th Dec 2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Solved!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
No fluff on Pets on Radeon card
So, I have Pets installed from Steam. And they look horrible, like the creators have never seen a cat or dog before. I also get a lot of glitches, which I repair using nraa's entrance to CAS. I thought they were supposed to look like this because of some late-00's aesthetics, but my sister told me her pets look fine and the weird solid shape was supposed to be the fluff. I think it's my GPU's fault?
It's a pretty old one, but a good one- AMD Radeon HD 5450. My drivers are from 4th of August 2015 and have version 15.200.1062.1004. I couldn't find newer ones for this particular graphic card. It runs TS3 on highest settings with no sweat, and also many other good early 2010's games (though not all of them on highest, heh).
Anyone has any idea how to make animals fluffy?

Just look how sad the dog is...

(Other specs: Win 7 64-bit, Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E3400 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), 6GB RAM)

EDIT:
I found this webpage: https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-...-in-the-sims-3/
with this tip:
Quote:
If you have an ATI Radeon graphics card, you will need to make sure the Adaptive Antialiasing option is enabled.

so I found TS3W.exe in Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and did this:

(please note I also chose to override app's options, just to be on a safe side)

And now I have this fluffy goodness:

I'm not deleting this thread because I can see people had problems with it, some didn't even know that was a problem (like my friend!) and this one line that includes a link to a dead page is the only one with a solution, so maybe it will help someone?

P.S. the goddamn cat looks the same: http://i.imgur.com/uyWZuHL.jpg . Maybe it just IS ugly. But I will learn to love it as it is.
Screenshots