Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 2:15 PM
Outfit issues: Only everyday clothing for all categories (including shower)
Hey! This is going to be a longer post, hope that's fine

I've got a problem with my game and I don't know how to fix it. I already posted a thread concerning this a couple of weeks ago and thought I solved the issue. But I was wrong. I have huge problems with my sims' clothing. I don't know why it happens, but the issue is that my sims cannot change into different types of clothing anymore. I mean, they "can" change, they make their little spin, but don't actually change their clothes. They just have their everyday clothes available. When I want to change clothes with the dresser all categories show blank pictures, apart from the everyday wear. They also shower in their everyday clothing. First it affects only the household I'm playing, then it kind of spreads over the whole town (it's really like a disease..).

The weird thing is that I just cannot find out what the root of the problem is. I'm a saving junkie and always "save as", never override a save game. So I can jump back and forth and try to figure out what changes I have made in the meantime etc. First I thought it was an outdated Imaginary Friend mod because I got a Script Error. Removed that, set the chance of receiving an IF with Retuner to 0, and somehow fixed the clothing after planning the outfits via MC again. Then, it appeared again, but this time it seemed to be in relation to the Grow Mod. I got an error that someone was not able to be updated at night and - bam - outfit bug. So I removed the Grow mod, made a completely new town because I was so afraid that it deeply corrupted my game.

Then today I forced a woman to get pregnant (wow that sounds bad.. ) via MC, she got into labor and wasn't able to deliver the baby (nothing happened,she was just standing around..). So I terminated the pregnancy and made her have a baby right away via MC. Then, I received an IF in the mail even though I disabled it (I guessed it had something to do with the MC forced baby..). Bam - outfit bug. I thought okay that must have something to do with the nice little IF, so I quit the game, reloaded a different save and made her pregnant (set the pregnancy time to 2 hours with DebugEnabler), gave birth and got no IF this time (yay). Then I played for a while and all was fine. Then I edited a townie in CAS, went home and bam - outfit bug. So I thought okay it has something to do with editing the townie in CAS via MC. I quit the game, reloaded the very same one (saved after editing the townie, a couple of minutes before the bug appeared), and this time the bug did not occur. I mean, why? What went wrong in those 2 minutes? My sim just went home from school and that's it.

I've been playing for days and nothing has gone wrong, and all of a sudden it does again. And I just don't know which mod it is related to. Of course I could take out all my mods, but since I've been able to play with them for such a long time with no issues I don't want to give up on them so easily.. Zerbu's Ultimate Careers and the Custom Generic Role are my main suspects..but I love these two and my whole gameplay is based upon them.. and as long as I'm not sure if they are causing the problem I don't want to remove them.. Especially since this bug occurs that arbitrarily.

What would you guys suggest? What would you do? And thanks for taking the time to read!

(Also: I did not post this at NRaas cause I don't think it's directly NRaas related..)

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 8:31 PM
Have you tried with no CC outfits? (And be sure to clear caches!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 8:04 AM
Yeah I may try that, thanks! Never thought of the CC outfits because I have so few. At least I know that it has nothing to do with that if the bug reoccurs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 11:57 AM
Okay now I created 5 babies at once with MC and got five imaginary friends and the clothing bug did not appear. So no direct relation to the IF.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 12:06 PM
Are you using the Kinky World mod, as it's underwear system is known to do this.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 2:27 PM
Where you have NRaas mods in and have reported seeing script errors why not upload your script errors over at NRaas where the mods live? Doing so might save you some time and frustration as those script errors more often than not point to what the problem is. Free membership required to post and upload. Instructions for Registration and How/What to upload can be viewed On This Page
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 8:19 PM
I second barbarat's suggestion. If outfits show as blank in the menus then it is likely that they are broken, not just missing, but severely broken.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:21 AM
Thanks for your replys!

@Bejaymac No, I don't use any of the Kinky World mods.

@barbarat @Don Babilon I only got a Script Error once many weeks ago when I got an IF and had an outdated IF mod. As the error was related to the mod (according to the Script Error file) I just removed it. But since then I've never gotten a script error when the outfit bug appeared. That's why I'm not posting it at NRaas cause there is nothing to post.. :/
Site Helper
#9 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 4:28 PM
Ok.

Have you tried a test where you temporarily rename your current Documents Sims 3 folder to Sims 3 Old? (Make certain One Drive is not active, as One Drive Documents can be read as Library Documents and you don't want it starting to use One Drive)
It will create a new Sims 3 folder. Start a Vanilla game.
If it's still causing trouble in a vanilla game, it's the game files that are acting up. This will probably not be the case.
Otherwise, add a new copy of the Framework, put in the really important stuff like the NRAAS mods (especially Overwatch, Error Trap, and Master Controller) and test again in your vanilla test game.
Now put COPIES of your most recent saved games back. Keep the originals, because there will be stuff missing. (And this would be the one time when you accidentally hit "Save and quit" )
If it's still good, you can start slowly, one folder at a time, and move the contents of the old folders to the new game. When the problem starts, that's the folder that has the problem.

Then you can start weeding through that folder to find the problem file(s).

If this sounds like too much effort, you can try just temporarily removing all of your CC, making a backup of your saved game, clearing the caches, and testing. The problem is most likely in the CC if you've cleared your caches.
Then add half of the CC back. (Important stuff first.) Clear caches and test.
If it works, add half of the rest. Clear caches and test. When it doesn't, take that batch out and add the other half. Clear caches and test. Rinse and repeat until you're down to one file that causes the problem when you have it in the game. Don't put that one in.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 8:18 AM
Yeah I guess I'll have to try it that way. But it will take ages cause I cannot create the bug myself and have to wait till it appears. Anyway, thanks so much for your help! When I figure out what the problem was I'm gonna share it here