Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:24 AM
Default Making Pattern Bigger?
after a lot of reading and researching it looks like this cant be done, but its just so simple i have to ask.

I have a pattern that fits perfectly with the dress i have going, but its about a couple of inches short of the pattern repeating it's self. i know... the point of a pattern is to make it seamless and stuff but thats not what i want, i want the bottom to be a different color from the top and a nice gradient in between). i tried making the DDS image bigger but its not effecting the final outcome on the dress. have any of you hot shots tearing the game open and looking inside seen anyway to fix this is the future?

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:04 AM
Sounds like you are confusing a pattern with a texture. A pattern is, as you said, designed to be seamless and tiled. A texture is more what you want - able to be customised for the particular mesh in question without having to worry about seamless stuff.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
well obviously a texture would be ideal! *dreams of the possibilities* but it seems, correct me if i'm wrong, like there's only patterns here.

Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:31 AM
yeah it's cause of the way create a style works, I don't think we'll find any color UV style textures for clothing, only a b&w overlay on a tileable pattern...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:06 AM
Jenovate is correct.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:08 PM
but my question remains dose it seem possible to make the tiled pattern bigger?

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:15 PM
You can make the images on your actual pattern itself bigger - if you notice some of the stuff under Themed is done that way - but that's the actual texture elements are scaled bigger and the repeat is done differently, not a difference in texture size. They're still going to tile the same way over items, with the edges of each repeat in the same place - I don't think there's a way to control that yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:01 AM
Not ALL the object "backgrounds" are grayscale. Some of the T-shirts have colored single, logo images that aren't affected by CaST (though you can change the background color). Some of the furniture also has pre-applied color images, e.g. the floral ornaments on the cheap country furniture set. And of course there are paintings and posters.

So I assume that what we will need to modify those kinds of things, or make new ones, is a reskinning tool. That should also allow for setting up a graphic precisely positioned on a dress like the OP is talking about.

But that's gonna be a completely different kind of tool than what we have now, which will involve solving a whole different set of technical problems. At least, that's what I've been able to gather