Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Delphy : 1st Jun 2009 at 10:09 PM.
Default Winner of the MTS Logo contest, site name change, and other things
I'm pleased to announce that black0rchid has won the MTS logo contest we held earlier this year. We've put the new up on the top left of the pages, and will be working on cafepress etc once we are less busy from TS3.

Congrats to black0rchid and thank you to all the rest of the participants!

Secondly, you may have noticed that the URLs for the site have changed from modthesims2.com to modthesims.info. All existing links will redirect, and should be working, and thumbnails and downloads should work too. There may be some pages where it still references modthesims2.com but thats fine - everything should work.

Please note! Due to the name change you WILL need to login again. Just use your old MTS2 login and password.

Thirdly, we've slightly redone the Member Profile pages - the old "Gallery" tab has been renamed to "Creativity", and now also incorporates members Stories and any Movies they have posted in the relevant forums.

We hope you enjoy the changes, assuming anybody notices becuase they are too excited about TS3. :P

Niote: With regards to the site changeover there might be some weirdness going on - and I know there are a ton of references to "MTS2" that we need to change, so please bear with us in any breakages.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:56 PM
Awesome!!
Thats the first word that came to mind, icon looks great.
Seemless change for me.

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
cool! but i must say i probably won't buy sims 3. it seems a bit to graphic.

Yet awesome changes
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:22 PM
Well done to black0rchid! The designs were amazing and i cannot wait to explore the little changes that have happened around the site! So glad TS3 is coming and all is chaning!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:30 PM
very smooth change - hardly realised it was happening. I know nothing of links and urls and things, but I am sure it was not easy. Thanks

PS Well done BlackOrchid - nice design and I look forward to ordering my new mug and mousemat!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
Congrats, BlackOrchid! Looks great!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:50 PM
Hey! This looks great! But I can't see the new design by BlackOrchid? LOL - where is it again?

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Typical
#8 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
It's in the top left of the screen - puppetfish (it's a lightbulb).
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:43 PM
Great changes Delphy Absolutely love the new logo.

Anyway, why can't I upload a game mod for TS3? The only category available is Patterns.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:56 PM
treeag, err, the game isn't out officially everywhere yet... Hence why you can't upload anything except to patterns (which was setup mostly just so I could test things)

Theorist
#11 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:14 PM
oops. I forgot it's supposed to be out on June 2 as it's already available here in my place. Thanks
Banned
#12 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
Now I just have to get in the habit of calling it mts instead of mts2!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:06 PM
Upload doesn't seem to be working for me. I click on the link, I'm asked to log in and then I get a 404 not found error. (The text says "The requested URL /login.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 Server at upload.modthesims2.com Port 80")

I spell British-ly :D
:D I :heart: Paramore.
Call me Niamh.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM
sims 3 2morrow. i gotta wait till end of july .
cool changes, and i love the new logo

~blahblahsims2blah~

The interest is always lost in the blah...blah....blah....
Eat, Sleep, SIM!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
CoolChenille: Upload.modthesims2.com is not a server you should be using for anything except, well, uploading. Just use www.modthesims.info and all will be well.

Scholar
#16 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM
The site looks brilliant. Oh and thank god for pre-order :D
Banned
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:15 AM
I'm having trouble logging back in on my main account (Mattc117). When I enter my password, it doesn't log me in, I get an error message. I even tried to reset it, but the temporary password doesn't work. :/

Sorry if this is off-topic.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:20 AM
Default To let you know...
I love all of the changes on this site...though, I wanted to let you guys know I am having trouble managing my attachments when trying to edit my uploaded creations. After I hit the "manage attachments" key it makes me log in again but, dose not accept me and I am entering my correct info. Unless I am really stupid I do not know what is going on...is it one of the wierdness things that may be going on?

konnichiwa, come on by my堀口まり - DUNE SEA VENDOR.
Also come on & get a 堀口まり - Gotta get a GETAGIRL Sim...for more Sims2 cc by ME.
NOW I am Prisnexus6 resident creator @ LOST UTOPIA.
* Though you better watch it! I have the death sentance on 12 systems*
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
will you guys do modifications for ts3? or will you make an entirely new website? i hope you do make mods, cuz i LOVE them!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
Nice job, the logo looks awesome!

It's coming out tomorrow, and I think that my local Wal-Mart should definitely have it by then, seeing as they've put little posters up.

I want it, it really looks great, little worried about the size and graphics, though.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
The logo really is creative, it's obvious you put a lot of thought into the idea black0rchid! Grats on the win!

What's this? Drops of rain frozen into ice crystals? I shall harness their energy and rule the world!
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
Good job, guys! And congrats to black0rchid! :D
Site Helper
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:59 PM
Congratulations, Black0rchid

And congratulations to Delphy for such a smooth transition.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM
Forget my above comment on the ElCamino account. I fixed.

Anyway great job Black0rchid! It looks great!