Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:05 AM
Default What happened to the MySims series?
Does anyone remember a game called MySims? I do. I'd like to know what happened to the series? It just sort of faded away as if it were nothing... I know it's not made by Maxis. I checked Wikipedia. But what happened?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:06 AM
Also the MySims series was in the Sims 2 and Sims 3 era.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 10:48 AM
Don't know about MySims on MTS, but you can still buy it on Voldemolt Origin. My 10 year old has it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwesomeSwagGoodra77
Does anyone remember a game called MySims? I do. I'd like to know what happened to the series? It just sort of faded away as if it were nothing... I know it's not made by Maxis. I checked Wikipedia. But what happened?

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I remember a wii game called MySims! You had to go to houses and build/color furniture for people and find new colors or furniture types by fishing or doing activities around town. Hahha I loved that game until my wii stopped working and I specifically remember characters Poppy and Violet. Ah, memories!
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 7:26 PM
Confession: I bought every single MySims game for wii.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:21 PM
That game actually has a great mechanic of creating objects... all of the objects are created from blocks and various textures. It's all manually made, and you could actually make anything you wanted. I wish something like that was implemented in original sims games... Also, I loved various activities your sim could do. Most of them contained minigames too, it was more socially and crafting oriented harvest-moon game with better graphics. I loved it for my brief time I played it, and I always wondered how was it when it was online... that train station feels abandoned...

EDIT: The "I DO NOT AGREE MAN" is back to save the day! Now on every forum and subforum!
Theorist
#7 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 4:32 AM
They dumbed it down and are now calling it The Sims 4.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 2:49 PM
Wot, who could disagree with the fact that I used to own all of the MySims games?? What kinda discourse happened on this forum?
Site Helper
#9 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 4:35 PM
Maybe they think they found one that you never knew about?

The random disagreer is back.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 4:36 PM
I OWNED EVERY MYSIMS GAME

Even Party. I had no friends.
Theorist
#11 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 5:53 PM
Are those games really that good? I really loved The Sims for PSP, my favorite, hands down. Best story (and it does have an actual story). GBA games were very good, as well. PS2 and PC games were horrible. How do MySims compare on my scale?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 10:41 PM
I loved the MySims series but Party and SkyHeros sucked! In Party the controls never worked. In SkyHeros the gameplay was more limited and sort of linear. I haven't played Agents or Racing yet. I really want to get MySimsAgents. One more thing. Is there anyway to get MySims Racing without getting the MySims+MySimsRacing bundle? I don't need another normal MySims game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
They dumbed it down and are now calling it The Sims 4.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

I'm mixed about TS4 but I see why you said that. The MySims series had some bad games around the end of it's era. I'm talking about you SkyHeros and Party! *Locks away both games so no one will experience how bad those games were*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I remember a wii game called MySims! You had to go to houses and build/color furniture for people and find new colors or furniture types by fishing or doing activities around town. Hahha I loved that game until my wii stopped working and I specifically remember characters Poppy and Violet. Ah, memories!

That's the game I was mentioning! I have the Wii version too! I remember Chef Gino and how my Wii made that loading noise when playing the game.
Alchemist
#15 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:18 AM
I'm still wondering why they didn't continue the Bustin Out series
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 5:16 PM
I had the MySims game for PC where you run around and build objects for this little town. It was the cutest thing. If you still have it, it will run with Windows 8.1. I haven't tried it on 10 yet, but I think I will now that it's been mentioned.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AwesomeSwagGoodra77
That's the game I was mentioning! I have the Wii version too! I remember Chef Gino and how my Wii made that loading noise when playing the game.

Now that you mention it, I remember that too! That was such a fun game.
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I'm still wondering why they didn't continue the Bustin Out series

Technically, The Sims Bustin' Out was a sequel to The Sims (1) on consoles.
Theorist
#19 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Technically, The Sims Bustin' Out was a sequel to The Sims (1) on consoles.

How so? They had nothing in common.

P.S. Now would you look at that! Every post until yesterday evening is disagreed with. Someone here is a 12-y.o. who likes to open random topics to disagree with everyone but has to go to sleep early.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:54 AM
I haven't played MySims yet, is it a good game? I'm shooting for a full collection and would like to try it. Is it anything like Urbz: Sims in the City? I got that one for Xbox recently and I like the story line/rpg feel to the game.

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
I haven't played MySims yet, is it a good game? I'm shooting for a full collection and would like to try it. Is it anything like Urbz: Sims in the City? I got that one for Xbox recently and I like the story line/rpg feel to the game.

It's actually really cute. I have no idea if it's different on PC and console like Sims is. It's sort of like Sims meets Legos.

The basic idea of the game is that you go in as a little Sim (think kinda like Lego people) that you get to customize and then you go around your little town building stuff for people in order to get more people to move to town. Also, you have to go around town collecting these little items (I forget what they're called) in order to decorate your build items.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:15 PM
Little item: Essence... It's called essence, and every character has a preffered essence taste. But it's basically only texture you apply to object. You also have blueprints for objects, you build objects, relationships, houses and you unlock new areas with new types of essence, all by getting reputation points (XP basically). You can fish the essence, grow essence on a tree (or by cutting tree). You can mine the essence or get it from socializing. You can also build your own house and workshop. Once the town is full, you have bascally done everything the game has on offer, but you can still roleplay from time to time. The game's main focus, however, was the online part, which would hold it alive for who knows how long, if it wasn't for EA always shutting down servers. I'm wondering if it can be modded to be played online again, if it already hasn't been.
Theorist
#23 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
I'm shooting for a full collection and would like to try it. Is it anything like Urbz: Sims in the City?

I haven't played MySims, but if you want a full collection then from myself I heartily recommend Sims 2 for PSP if you've got PSP. It's the best of all sims-related games in my opinion. It has a very good story, many interesting activities and jobs, and you've got Strangetown characters involved in the story. Everything about it is great.

Bustin' Out and the Urbz are the next recommendation. You already played The Urbz, but you played the inferior version. The versions of these games I recommend are for Game Boy Advance, these are by far superior to Playstation\XBox versions. They're very very different, so you won't be buying the same game. Although GBA might be hard to get, but thankfully emulators exist for this so you can run these games on PC.

The third recommendation would be Sims 2 for either DS or GBA. They're inferior in quality to games above, but still interesting enough to play. Sims 2 for DS features a story about a sim coming to Strangetown and managing a hotel, and Sims 2 for GBA has a story centered around a reality-show in which your sim participates.

All of titles I named above are better than Playstation\XBox titles, in my opinion, so I recommend them with pleasure.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 4:52 AM
Late reply... but I love those games so much. I played all of them and the only one I disliked was Party. I still play them today. I made so many friends over those games and they made me so happy and I'm still holding on the hope that there will be a new one. But my hope is dwindling after six empty years
Page 1 of 2