Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:42 PM
Default Sims medieval
Hello everyone sims medieval will not play on my computer. I have windows XP wnidows media center 2005 when I installed it I cliked the icon it said I needed .Net Framework v4.0. What do I need to do?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 6:03 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 12th Apr 2011 at 11:10 PM.
You need to install .NET Framework 4.0 available from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

Then reboot your machine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM
I don't have the internet what is the best way I can install it? Do I need the stand alone version? If I do I still need the internet?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:04 PM
If you can get the Standalone Installer, the 48 meg thingy, and take it with you to your computer, I think it's the entire program; you won't need to be on the net to install it. You don't need to be on the net to use it or for it to work later on, just get it installed.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:59 PM
I have the stand alone version of it, after I installed it a message comes up and it says about something about microsoft download center. Do you have any idea what this means?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rojan
I have the stand alone version of it, after I installed it a message comes up and it says about something about microsoft download center. Do you have any idea what this means?

No. But someone might be able to help if you could provide the full text of the message.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:27 PM
Here is the message as follows.

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to complete
this operation.
The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can procced.

Blocking Issues:
you must install the 32-bit Windows Imaging Component (WIC) before you run Setup.
Please visit the microsoft Download Center. To install WIC, and then rerun Setup.

Where can I get this WIC from?
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:24 PM
I'm in a similar situation. I'm in the uni cafe waiting for the full Net.framework file to download so I can put it on my big comp at home.

Fingers crossed I don't get more error messages too

Quote:
you must install the 32-bit Windows Imaging Component (WIC) before you run Setup. Please visit the microsoft Download Center. To install WIC, and then rerun Setup.

Where can I get this WIC from?

I just googled and it looks like WIC is on the microsoft website too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
KellerKat I'm glad I am not by myself on this problem
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 12:29 PM
Guys do you think that I need the latest version of directx ? will that work?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:03 PM
As the error message states, you need the 32-bit WIC (Windows Imaging Component) from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:48 PM
mangaroo if this does not work I will have to get a new graphics card.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:06 PM
Rojan, without knowing your system specs, I have no way of knowing if that is true. What is true is that TSM uses the .NET Framework 4, which in turn requires the Windows Imaging Component. These are requirements of the game's software, regardless of your graphics card.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:59 PM
managroo I'll let you know tonight when or if it works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:47 AM
managroo the game works. I want to thank everyone for their help.