Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 3:45 PM
Default What did you do with the Riverblossom Hills characters?
What happened to those Sims living in those quaint country houses? Did Betty manage to get her hands onto that 'nice young man'? What happened to the Roths? Did the Greenman family start a nice family of their own? Tell us about it here.

EDIT: This thread would be even better if people wrote what happened on their game as a story. Let's make it more fun!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 9:31 AM
(My game is in German, so I'm not sure about all of the English names)

Leod McGregor (the first Maxis sim I really, really love!) is a very successul farmer now, member of the Garden Club and owner of a Wishing Well. He lives with Gabe O'Mackey - when they greeted each other with a kiss I thought they were made for each other, so Gabe ditched Patricia.
Alexandra O'Mackey moved back home to take care of Jules and started an affair with Stella Roth, who left Monty for her.
Sandra is at college with her (ex-)boyfriend Jacob who Monty started flirting with. She's dating a Kennedy Cox-lookalike that she has great chemistry with, but they almost got in a fight when they first met.
The two old ladies - one of them is married to that distinguished-looking bearded Garden Club guy, the other has a younger lover.
Haven't played the Greenmans and the Indian couple except give them makeovers.

Hope this is enough drama to get this thread going!
#3 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 3:40 PM
Yay, I was waiting for this topic!

Jules/Jacob/Sandra: Sandra Roth may be the first Maxis sim I absolute HATED at first sight! The more I played her, the more I disliked her, lol. Anyway, I read the memories of all three and, to me, it appeared as though Sandra stole Jacob from Jules (though I have heard other interpretations). Immediately I had Jacob and Jules fall back in love again and had Sandra catch Jacob cheating on her. She then caught her mom (who I turned into a Romance sim) cheating on her dad, and basically became angry at the world.

Gabe/Patricia: I was neutral on the Jules/Patricia feud until Pat autonomously began slapping and shoving Jules right in front of Gabe! So, I had Gabe break up with her. He seems to have a thing for Rose Greenman. Anyway, Pat was devastated, but got some consolation lovin' (and a baby!) from roomie Cleo.

Leod: I don't know why, but he bores me, lol. I might make him a Romance sim to make him more interesting.

Viejo house: Aged the ladies down (Catherine is *gorgeous* as an adult!). Andrew seems to fancy the grown Daisy Greenman.

Oh, and there were entirely too many Popularity (my least favorite aspiration) sims in this 'hood! I think I changed about 95% of everyone's aspirations, lol.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 4:58 PM
Jules/Gabe/Patricia - Gabe started seeing Patricia a lot, and gradually Jules and Patricia became friends. Gabe and Patricia got married in a happy ceramony with a full attendance - all 6 invited came. Jules is seeing Jacob, but so is Sandra. (Lucky him)

Ramashwami - Priya and Sanjay moved into the large house with the big lake and huge garden. They have had twin (almost) identical girls Rochelle and Rihanna, who are now teens. Rochelle is the pretty one, they look almost identical but those small differences makes Rihanna look odd. Rihanna is a werewolf, and the geeky book-smart stereotype. Priya and Sanjay's careers are going slowly, mainly because they're not financially comfortable yet and are still gradually affording furniture and stuff - and have been busy with the garden, although I gave them about $10,000 so they could have a greenhouse, saves them money in the long run. (Hehe, when Rihanna grew up from baby to toddler her hair was short and an emo fringe covering one eye like the singer has). Probably my favourite family, as you can watch them grow.

Greenman - Rose turned Jason into a PlantSim (I have a hack which makes the pollen cloud prank turn the victim into a plantsim). While they were both plantsims, Jason threw a random house party whilst Daisy was a toddler and Rose started an affair with Monty Roth. Not long after, she got pregnant with Jason's baby. Jason then turned back to normal, around the same time Rose turned Monty into a plantsim. On Daisy's birthday Rose had another make-out session with Monty while Jason was in the garden, and Jason's brother - Gabe - saw them, and was very distressed. So far neither Jason nor Monty's wife have discovered the affair. Daisy is now an adult, and a romance sim, and has a crush on Leod, but Leod loves her. Rose and Jason have become parents to a non-plantsim baby boy, Ash. I'm planning for the affair between Monty and Rose to remain undiscovered until their elder years.

Vejo - Not played them, I can't find a good aspect of their 'story' that I like.

Roths - Not really played them, the whole family unit thing is a bit too pristine, so hence the affair Monty is having. Although Monty has over 15 fish in his inventory after having an obsession with fishing at every pond he visits as a visitor.

Leod - Loves Daisy, but done nothing else with him yet.

Alexandra - I like this character a bit. I moved her into that bamboo-hut type house. I'm going to make her have extravagent parties and re-kindle her relationship with Gabe - shes in a small house so she can afford it.

Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:19 PM
ooh!
my name is Rochelle
and yes i am quite cute XD
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:57 PM
Nothing. I deleted the whole hood.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Nothing. I deleted the whole hood.

Me too, but now I'm kind of regretting it, I should have at least payd a visit and steal some nice houses to take to plesentview.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 12:06 PM
I love the houses in Riverblossom Hills. I also find the storyline more complicated than Pleasantview was, I keep having to read their family bio and memories to remind myself who fancies who, who dislikes who etc. I found Pleasantview filled with cliches, and not more than skin-deep in storyline.

Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 8:24 PM
OO OO OO my turn :D

Leod-Made him a pretty girl. They aren't married yet but they're gonna have a kid; I dunno if its twins or not. They have two dogs, Seargent and Chihiro I think. ((And leod's gettin skinnier! YAY!))

Viejo-I'm mean. I TOTALLY ignored the elders and they died XD

Other than that I don't really play the others ^________________^
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 7:15 AM
I resurrected them to check them out, but they were boring. So, I think I'll just steal a few houses and delete them again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:49 PM
My Riverblossom Hills has been shaken up seriously after a boring weekend.

Ramaschwami -
Priya - Started having an affair with Gabe. Unfortunatly, both Gabe's wife Patricia and Priya's husband Sanjay walked in while Gabe and Priya were making out. But Sanjay had been cheating on her anyway with Patricia. Shes now moved out and living with Gabe, but she is now also cheating on him with the lothario of Hills - Morty Roth.

Sanjay - Got married to Patricia after leaving Priya, but when she caught him in bed with another woman it was all over. He got kicked out, and is now living alone, and has not been allowed to see his now child-age daughter with Patricia - Ashira.

Rochelle - Got married to a nice townie, and they have a son Dylan. They're the only family who hasn't been caught in the whole Morty Roth scandal. I think.

Rihanna - Moved in with Leod's adoptive son, and they're probably gonna get married soon. But she's having an affair with Morty.

The Roth's - Haven't done anything with them. But...
Morty - I changed him to a love sim cause he looked like one. He started off with an affair with Rose, and then was caught woohooing the maid by his wife, whatever her name is. He then moved out into a small Hills bungalow, and has around 4-5 lovers (including one male). Kinda regretting turning him into a love sim now... it's kinda messed up the whole idyllic neighbourhood thing. Ah well. His lovers are Priya, the maid, Rihanna, Rose, and the male could be Rochelle's husband. The maid has now moved in with him. His story looks more like Don Lotharios every day, cause Don got the maid pregnant after she moved in with him, but Morty's maid isn't visibly pregnant yet.

Patricia - Decided she hated men and raised Ashira (her and Sanjay's daughter) by herself. Shes now living with her girlfriend, who used to be her maid.

That's kinda all I've done, except that Cleo got married to Leod, but Leod fancies the two old women who like him.

#12 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I resurrected them to check them out, but they were boring. So, I think I'll just steal a few houses and delete them again.

How did you resurrect it after deleting it?
#13 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:39 PM
I've only played with Riverblossom couple of times. It's lagging (terribly!) on my comp for some reason.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by innoscenteyes
How did you resurrect it after deleting it?

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...t_Neighborhoods

But if you want riverblossom - the path to it is

(where ever your game is installed) / EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Expansion Packs -> Seasons -> TSData -> Res -> UserData -> Neighborhoods -> G001

G001 is the folder you need to copy to the neighborhood folder in My Documents - Ea Games ...
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:16 AM
I had the Greenman's daughter spawn as many plantsims as she could. So I was stuck with many, many plantsims. That kind of sucked having so many, so I started all my neighborhoods over again. Pleasantville was packed full of sims anyway. I have a habit of starting families and building homes just to move on to a new one.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:59 PM
Babicatz, i have the same habit as you^^
As for the Riverblossom Hills characters, I decided to leave them alone and just build houses.
#17 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:21 PM
Most of them have been killed in assault weapon related incidents...
#18 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...t_Neighborhoods

But if you want riverblossom - the path to it is

(where ever your game is installed) / EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Expansion Packs -> Seasons -> TSData -> Res -> UserData -> Neighborhoods -> G001

G001 is the folder you need to copy to the neighborhood folder in My Documents - Ea Games ...

ok thankyou
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:11 AM
Played this hood a lot till I switched to Veronaville. Here's what I've done.

Roths: Morty Roth is moving up in his career while Sandra has made slow progress due to a very long pregnancy. While her mother was pregnant Sandra went off to college, but not before getting engaged to Jacob, though I think she's secretly dating someone else. Xander became a teenager and is a knowledge sim, following in his father's footsteps, though became quickly and heavily involved with a maxis-sim. I think he already proposed to her and once the his two youngest sibling are teens he's off to college. Sandra, as mentioned, became pregnant. Knew she was only having one child but when Xander got abducted by aliens then returned she literally popped out a second child! (The birthing scene and the abduction-return movies started at the same time. Through InSim I knew she was only having one, but some glitch with the two movies trying to show at the same time made her have twins [boy and girl]). The twins are not as nice looking as their older siblings. Morty started having an affair with a co-worker (and Sandra's friend). They are both knowledge sims so it was purely to see what an affair was like, you know, from a scientific pov. She moved to a nice house in the Downtown area and had son (forget his name).

Greenman: Daisy grew up and had a plant baby girl who in turn had a plant baby boy right away. Rose and Jason are due to have their first real child together. Jason is working on becoming a plantsim the old fashion way.

O'Mackey/McGregor: Jules made sure she left for college before Gabe married Patricia. At school she became good friends with her father's friend Leod. Eventually they dated and he proposed and once she graduated they married. She's currently preggers with their first child. Gabe married Patricia and she became pregnant on their wedding night and had a little girl.

Haven't done anything with the other families quite yet.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:48 PM
I've finally played the Viejo family!

One of the elders has got married to the adult male sim in that house, in a surprise turn out after I discovered that they found each other attractive. That same elder (might be Catherine) is also seeing Leod but he refused woohoo. I really don't like the Viejo house, so I'm taking it out on the Sims xD

My plans for them is to create an old-folks home and get the elders in there, well at least not Catherine (depending on how long the marriage lasts).

Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 12:32 PM
I loved the riverblossom neighbourhood.

The Roths were kinda dull, but i love the Wan and O'Mackey families
#22 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:47 PM
I didn't do much with them. I gave Leod McGreggor a MAJOR makeover, and hooked him up with an equally made-over Florence Delarosa. Daisy Greenman grew into an adult and Rose had very ugly twins. I also hosted this HUGE Christmas dinner at the Viejo house, which was a lot of fun -- I put like five dining tables in a row, and with boolprop (back then I still boolpropped) I made everyone selectable, and it was such a huge chaos, I was trying to get everyone seated correctly and eating and stuff. But it was fun.
Recently, though, I deleted all my game files, and I'm going to start over. I might get Leod and Florence together again, but I'm not going to give them a surgical make-over -- let's just see what default skintones, eyes and better hair can do!
shiny!
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 12:22 AM
Jules and Jacob got married.. but not before each had a fling their senior year in college. Jules had twins with a uni townie and another uni townie is currently pregnant with Jacobs'. Also the nanny (the game decided to do this O.o) fell in love with Jacob and had a large melt down at the wedding, while she was supposed to be watching the twins. They had to let her go..

Leod randomly decided to hit on the maid while on vacation and I went with it.. they have two boys now.

I can't remember what else I've done really LMAO. I'll have to take more careful note next I play :D

eta: After many failed attempts at pregnancy, the Ramaschwami family adopted two elementary-aged girls. Recently, they finally managed to have one VERY ugly girl of their own.
#24 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
I can't remember what else I've done really LMAO.

Well, if Jules and Jacob married, what happened to Sandra Roth, the girl Jacob left Jules for? Kill her off, did ya? That's what I did.
But then I didn't have enough drama so I resurrected her and made her the serial killer of the Hills, driven crazy by the dreadful loss of her beloved Jacob... whaaaaah!!!!!!111!!!
[/maniac]

So far she's killed two NPCs, Priya Ramaschwami and a whole lot of townies.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 12:23 AM
McGregor - Managed to snatch up Alexandra O'Mackey, and they have a daughter, Lydia. Leod is homeschooling Lydia and teaching her how to farm so she can take over as he ages. Alexandra is a very successful swashbuckler, but is planning on retiring from piracy soon to start a flower-arranging business. They have a very moody cat named Nikki, who won a fight with a dog twice her size as soon as she became an adult.

O'Mackey - Jules went off to Academie Le Tour, and is living in the same dorm as Sandra and Jacob. Jules managed to win Jacob back right before graduation, but once they got to college, Jacob and Sandra rekindled their fling, so now he's two-timing both of them, and the girls are completely oblivious (I'm sure this won't last long, though) Gabe asked Patricia to move in with him, and they are engaged, but Patricia is set on having the wedding of the century, so it may be a while before they actually tie the knot.

Shikibu - Cleo decided the music career wasn't for her, and decided to turn to a life of crime. She's a very successful bank robber, and is bent on world domination. She had a member of her crew (Barbara, a townie) move in with her. However, after botching a robbery and going through a lengthy legal battle, Barbara decided the life of crime just wasn't for her, and went into EMT training. She loves her job, but she's run into a bit of a snag. She asked out a good friend of hers on a date, and ended up pregnant. If she decides to keep the child, she'll need to move out (the house is so small), and she's not sure if her guy will do the honorable thing and marry her. Cleo, realizing she's lost two housemates to men, decides to try and go on some blind dates to try to find the man of her dreams, and after some horrendous experiences with teenagers and crusty old men, she's finally found a semi-normal guy, Peter, but she's not sure if he's the One.

Aaand, that's all I've really played.
Page 1 of 4