Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 9:01 AM
Default Mods not working, help appreciated!
Before anyone asks, yes I have read the 'how to mod this game' sticky. I also have mods working just fine in Sims3.

Now then, this game refuses to let mods work! I have the 'Mods/Packages' folder created, the resources file made and all of it put into the main install directory. (the directory contains the Game, caches, Mods, Gamedata, support and thumbnails directories... I hope this is correct!)

I also installed the dll into the main Bin folder. As a test I copied over two easy to see working mods (increased Que and No mosaic) but neither worked. I have tried some other mods on their own to no avail, and can't figure out why.

My game is fully patched to the newest version.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 3:49 PM
You state that you have the "resources file made". Did you write this yourself? In which case make sure it is titled Resource.cfg; it is singular, not plural. If you have written it yourself, I think you should copy and paste the contents into this thread so others can look at it. I'm not asking that you upload it as a file, just paste it here so it can be read right here.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/