Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 5:51 AM
Default First time Body Shop user having issues
I'm a first-time Body Shop user and first-time TS2 modder and I'm having problems getting an eyebrow recolor that I'm working on into TS2. It shows up in Body Shop but I can't for the life of me find it in Create A Sim. I tried putting the .package file in both the Downloads and SavedSims folders and it didn't change anything. I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. What am I doing wrong?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:55 PM
The file doesn't need to be in both places. Put it just in the Downloads folder.

As for it not showing up... Do you have a ton of custom eyebrows already installed? If so, Body Shop may have stuck them somewhere in amongst the others; you may have to click through them to find your new creation.

If you don't have any other custom eyebrows installed... that's just weird. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
The file doesn't need to be in both places. Put it just in the Downloads folder.

As for it not showing up... Do you have a ton of custom eyebrows already installed? If so, Body Shop may have stuck them somewhere in amongst the others; you may have to click through them to find your new creation.

If you don't have any other custom eyebrows installed... that's just weird. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

The .package folder is just in the Downloads folder and it's the only installed CC of any kind.

Instructor
#4 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:27 AM
Perhaps an obvious question, but...which .package file are you using? The one from the Projects folder or the SavedSims folder, after you imported it to the game?

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
Perhaps an obvious question, but...which .package file are you using? The one from the Projects folder or the SavedSims folder, after you imported it to the game?

Or... to take that question even further, are you sure you did the final import in Body Shop? Because if you didn't, it's not going to show up in your game. (An easy way to check is to try to build a Sim in Body Shop. If the eyebrows show up there and you can use them to build a Sim, then they've been imported correctly and they should show up in CAS.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator

The one from the SavedSims folder after the import.

Or... to take that question even further, are you sure you did the final import in Body Shop? Because if you didn't, it's not going to show up in your game. (An easy way to check is to try to build a Sim in Body Shop. If the eyebrows show up there and you can use them to build a Sim, then they've been imported correctly and they should show up in CAS.)

I can use the eyebrows in the Body Shop version of CAS; I just can't see them in the actual CAS.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:01 PM
Hmmm... Are you using the version of Body Shop that came with your most recent EP? That's the only thing I can think of, that maybe the Body Shop you're using is storing your files in a different area (that the game can't access). The Downloads folder should be under Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads. (I know my computer has thrown up a bunch of seemingly related Sims 2 paths and folders, since I've installed expansion packs from The Sims 2 Store, Origin Games, and the actual disks themselves... but only one of those paths is the right one. *sigh* They have to make things so complicated!)
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:23 PM
Hmmm... Are you using the version of Body Shop that came with your most recent EP? That's the only thing I can think of, that maybe the Body Shop you're using is storing your files in a different area (that the game can't access). The Downloads folder should be under Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads. (I know my computer has thrown up a bunch of seemingly related Sims 2 paths and folders, since I've installed expansion packs from The Sims 2 Store, Origin Games, and the actual disks themselves... but only one of those paths is the right one. *sigh* They have to make things so complicated!)

I have all the EPs and Celebration Stuff installed, and I'm using the version of Body Shop from the Apartment Life folder. As for the path for the Downloads folder, it's Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe\Downloads.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 11:16 PM
If that's where the rest of your Downloads are stored, and they're showing up fine... I'm stumped.

You could try uploading a copy here and letting someone try it in their game, just to see if it shows up for them. I'm not sure what (if anything) would be wrong with the file to cause it to not show up in the game... but it's worth a try.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 11:56 PM
If that's where the rest of your Downloads are stored, and they're showing up fine... I'm stumped.

You could try uploading a copy here and letting someone try it in their game, just to see if it shows up for them. I'm not sure what (if anything) would be wrong with the file to cause it to not show up in the game... but it's worth a try.

Since I had no other CC installed, I downloaded 3 custom outfits from Garden of Shadows and 1 set of custom eyebrows from MTS to see if they showed up in CAS. The outfits showed up, but the eyebrows did not. Now I'm thinking that maybe it could be something wrong with my game?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 1:29 AM
I doubt there's something actually wrong with your game. It could just be a setting that's not quite right. Do you have custom content enabled? I know that can affect whether or not custom objects show up in the game. Custom clothing usually shows up no matter what. But maybe eyebrows are special...
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 2:27 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 29th Mar 2013 at 2:40 AM.
I doubt there's something actually wrong with your game. It could just be a setting that's not quite right. Do you have custom content enabled? I know that can affect whether or not custom objects show up in the game. Custom clothing usually shows up no matter what. But maybe eyebrows are special...

Custom content is enabled. But I have a dumb question: have I even been looking in the right place for the custom eyebrows? I've been looking in the "change brow" option on the #3 button in CAS, as shown in the attached image.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Custom content is enabled. But I have a dumb question: have I even been looking in the right place for the custom eyebrows? I've been looking in the "change brow" option on the #3 button in CAS, as shown in the attached image.

No, that's not the right place. Where you're looking simply changes the shape of the eyebrow... not the eyebrow itself. While you can change eye colour by going to the similar eye section in CAS, the same can't be said for eyebrows.

Custom eyebrows are in the next section down (section #4, I believe), along with the makeup and glasses and other accessories. They have their own section there.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie

No, that's not the right place. Where you're looking simply changes the shape of the eyebrow... not the eyebrow itself. While you can change eye colour by going to the similar eye section in CAS, the same can't be said for eyebrows.

Custom eyebrows are in the next section down (section #4), along with the makeup and glasses and other accessories. They have their own section there.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:20 PM

Custom eyebrows are in the next section down (section #4, I believe), along with the makeup and glasses and other accessories. They have their own section there.

And now that I looked there...I see them - both the downloaded ones and my recolor! Thanks!