Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:22 PM
Default Default Replacements?
Hey guys!

So there's something I noticed, that really REALLY irks me about Sims 3. There's a lot of cool customization and awesome custom content out there, but why, after five years of Sims 3 development, haven't we figured out how to make default replacement skintones and face templates? Maybe I'm just out of the loop, and it's already been discovered, but I'm curious if anyone has an answer to my questions! More than anything, I'd LOVE to change the default skintones of my aliens, werewolves, etc... like in Sims 2. I've googled the heck out of this, but have found nothing. Default face templates are a no-go too. Default face skins are few and far between as well.

My question is: Is it even possible to do so? We're able to make default replacement skintones for our sims, but not for NPCs? I know EA made it rather hard for us to make custom content, but I imagine we've come pretty far since 2009 as cc creators and modders, so why are we missing these things? Am I blind, or just misinformed? Personally I find EA's base sims to be hideous, and face templates would make the game so much nicer-looking. Default skintones for creatures other than our custom-made sims would be nice too!

I'm not here to complain however, but figure out the answer to my inquiry. If anything, feel free to post your comments or opinions, or share your knowledge. Heck, if you want to complain about other things Sims 3 is missing in this realm of existence, flap your gums!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:13 PM
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:39 PM
Default replacement textures are common, easy, and widespread - we've had default replacement skins that work both on playable sims and townies/NPCs/etc. since the very first day TS3 came out. If you've not found default replacements for a certain thing you're looking for, I'd suggest posting in the Where Can I Find forum asking for specifics (i.e. "A realistic/shiny/Maxis-match/whatever texture for aliens"). I don't know of any default replacement face templates because TS3 sims are not generated based on templates the same way TS2 were. It's quite easy with cheats/mods to take any sim into Create-a-Sim and change their face though, including just choosing a premade sim from the sim bin to replace their entire look with.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM
@TheRedRaven: I saw this thread a while earlier, but still couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm already have default skin replacements for the majority of my sims, as well as some default eyes, etc, but that's not exactly what I'm searching for.

@HystericalParoxysm: Like previously stated in my reply for TheRedRaven, I already know there's default replacement skins for regular sims that you actually make yourself, as well to replace playable sims in game, but what I've never found any default skins to change the game's internal aliens, or plantsims, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is a game override that replaces all of the aliens in-game with the skintone of my liking. I do know there are some really great alien, plantsim, and werewolf skins out there, but none of them are replacements. If I knew how to override the game in a way to replace the entirety of a certain race or class in Sims 3, I would absolutely love to make my own, though! But sadly I haven't really found any tutorials on replacing in game dynamics like that.

It is also good to know that face-templates don't work the same as they do in Sims 2 for Sims 3. Thank you for that info, it was very helpful. :> I really wish it wasn't true though, I'll have to look into defaulted face-skin mods in this instance. I usually make over sims with MasterController, but it can be kind of tedious sometimes, so I was hoping there was something out there that might make life a little easier.