Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Justpetro, I think you're possibly being a bit harsh on StrangeTownChick. As I read this thread, it's chergirl who wants an open world; StrangeTownChick is more ambivalent about it.

And, chergirl, it's nice to meet someone else who'd like to be a Sim. I thought I was the only one. That's probably why I run Veronaville as a town I'd be happy to live in.

I am only joking @ StrangeTownChick is such an awewome name for an alien girl from Strangetown I could make one and name her chergirl too....
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chergirl
Thank you Diovanlestat but I need that first person camera dosnt have eny clip.
Sorry I now I complain alot but if you can change it to no clip. I will really be happy :D

lol, sorry babes, these aint mine, and you need to go search for yourself.
These are the one's I remembered, but there will be problems with what your asking, it changes the game a lot and that's why you'll always see problems.
Sorry, sims 2 is not a first person kind of game.

On Topic
Today me founder banker/mayor/test sim took a walk down the street to see the new courthouse. I got such a thrill seeing that, cause I choose them buildings and placed them and knew where the "bats" are buried. I loved it going blurry, like she's actually got to walk a bit of a distance. I really liked the open world, but found I didn't enjoy going out for some reason. It sure was pretty, but I couldn't work out how to put in new buildings. So for me, a closed world that is easily edited is ok by me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#78 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:19 PM
Yea but I dont have apartment life but can you actually make a apartment or hotel?

Go and pester EA for the Ultimate Collection. You have the game, you have a right to it.

You make apartments with Apartment life and hotels with BV. You certainly can make one large lot feel like a part of town, I did one here: https://www.modthesims.info/d/533994 it does however lag like great granddad crossing the road-or does for me. I have a good mind to try and make something similar but much smaller.

Quote: Originally posted by starryeyedSim
I have heard the Devlopers of TS4 have said people will be pleasantly surprised

EA must all live under very large rocks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#79 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
EA must all live under very large rocks.

Hey, they have to work for their their golden poo award for the worst company in America. It won't just award itself!

Of course the reason that EA didn't add things like walking to lots to the base game was probably because you can't put everything in the base game or you'll have nothing to put in the expansions and people won't buy them. Also, they may not have even thought of it yet. The good thing about expansions is that people have been playing the game for a while when they come out and they can see what's missing and what is needed.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#80 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 3:42 AM
Say What ? Did you ask do I wish Sims 2 was open world ? No not in this life nor the next life, I "love" Sims 2 just the way it is. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
#81 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 6:42 AM
No, and besides it was like 2004 when this game came out. The open world was what made Sims 3 an awesome game.

Now do I wish Sims 4 was open world? YES.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:23 AM
I didn't like the open world because of two things:

Story progression; I like to control when my sims marry and have children.
Only being able to play one family at a time. I like being able to switch between houses easily.

I wouldn't have liked being able to control any house either though, because it would have been far too many houses to keep track of at once. So I like that other houses go into hibernation while I play one house, except relationships and stuff that happens when they interact with my current family on residential or community lots.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:49 AM
In Sims 3, when one of my Sims actually fell in love - the girlfriend and her family moved away during the night. When he wanted to propose she was gone, gone, gone.
In Sims 3, one of my teenager twins was thrown into jail (he did nothing wrong). Sat there until he was an adult and then appeared on the doorstep of my family's house, as if nothing was ever wrong. Totally useless, of course, he gained no skills in prison.
And then there was the other game, where my Sim's girlfriend actually went and married another bloody Sim.
I agree with @Charity in a way -but I don't find controlling a lot of households in Sims 2 all that difficult. Some households are simply sent to live in another business hood (or, in my mind, area of town) until and if I need them again.
If you have started to play multiple households, it is rather boring to play only one.
Sims 4 has updated with a new hood with a lot of empty stands. At least one can do some building there now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:02 AM
I often see people complaining that in sims 2 "You have to play every house!" And I'm like no you don't just cheat them along. Set them at the top of a career, age them up, speed up a pregnancy and grow the kid along. Done and dusted in a few minutes. Personally I love to play every household and sims moving away or getting married on me would drive me nuts.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#85 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:34 AM
Sims 3 drove me nuts
Forum Resident
#86 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:03 AM
Just a thought: Remove the Story Progression features where your Sims don't have babies, get married without you etc. (Since this doesn't even work in TS3 anyway they don't even get married anymore but go steady all thier lives etc.) and then would you consider an open world where they all stay the same age until you choose for some to age up, and they live out their lives just the way you last played them but you can see your Sims and them roaming around and doing things as in TS3 then would any of you consider it to be 'fun'?

ETA: sorry, insert commas where needed

No, that would still take away to much control from me. When I return to a family after playing another I want my SIms to be in the exact same spot I've left them in at the exact same time on the exact same day of the week.

But i would be okay if it was a system that has Sims roam around the neighbourhood in the same way they randomly appear on community lots now.

Let's say I play the Goths and safe the household after putting them all to bed at Sunday night 11 pm. Then I change families, playing The Caliente Sisters and send Dina on a afternoon date with Mortimer in the park. I save in the middle of the date to return to the Goths. In the Goth household it's still Sunday 23 PM and all family members, including Mortimer are still in their beds. I can play them for as many days I want I can even invite Dinah over, but when I return to the Caliente household, she'd still be on her date with Mort in the park.
That's the only kind of open world I could life with.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#87 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I agree with @Charity in a way -but I don't find controlling a lot of households in Sims 2 all that difficult. Some households are simply sent to live in another business hood (or, in my mind, area of town) until and if I need them again.

I think you misinterpreted me. I don't only play one house in Sims 2. I have no problems switching between houses and handling many households.

What I didn't want was what I presumed you would have to have in Sims 3 to play more than one household and that was say you had 6 families, well in the open world you would have to keep on top of 6 households worth of needs at once, as you couldn't play one and then the other. That would drive me mad.

Just a thought: Remove the Story Progression features where your Sims don't have babies, get married without you etc. (Since this doesn't even work in TS3 anyway they don't even get married anymore but go steady all thier lives etc.) and then would you consider an open world where they all stay the same age until you choose for some to age up, and they live out their lives just the way you last played them but you can see your Sims and them roaming around and doing things as in TS3 then would any of you consider it to be 'fun'?

But you can see them roaming around doing things in Sims 2. It isn't a totally insular game. Just go to a community lot. Or talk to a walkby.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#88 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What I didn't want was what I presumed you would have to have in Sims 3 to play more than one household and that was say you had 6 families, well in the open world you would have to keep on top of 6 households worth of needs at once, as you couldn't play one and then the other. That would drive me mad.

I'm confused. How could you play 6 houses at once? Also why wouldn't you play one at a time?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#89 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm confused. How could you play 6 houses at once? Also why wouldn't you play one at a time?

Because the open world doesn't let you switch houses; they're all active at once. So you would have to handle every family you had control over at the same time.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 12:28 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 20th Jun 2015 at 1:02 PM. Reason: Typo - Didn't make sense!
Of course the reason that EA didn't add things like walking to lots to the base game was probably because you can't put everything in the base game or you'll have nothing to put in the expansions and people won't buy them. Also, they may not have even thought of it yet. The good thing about expansions is that people have been playing the game for a while when they come out and they can see what's missing and what is needed.
In Real Life I think people thought of walking before they thought of taxis!

My game seems very mixed up when it comes to transport choices. My Sims always take taxis when they go to community lots, but visiting friends and family always arrive and leave on foot, no matter how far away they live. So Andrew takes the taxi to go to Veronaville Market, which is just across the road from his house, but I've twice seen little Benedick Monty set out to walk home alone in the dark to Veronaville after visiting his Aunty Bianca in Downtown. And, worst of all, his granny Isabella brought him both times, but she stayed to chat to her daughter Bianca instead of walking home with him. Could Bianca not order a taxi for him? Or ask him to stay the night? Isn't that worse child neglect than letting your kid get a "D"?

As for playing 6 houses at once, I just might be able to do that, but what if there are 60 houses in the neighbourhood, all full of woohoo-mad Family Sims breeding like rabbits?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#91 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 1:13 PM
Because the open world doesn't let you switch houses; they're all active at once. So you would have to handle every family you had control over at the same time.

The few times I played Sims 3 I changed active household and only played one at a time. I turned aging and story progression off. It certainly wasn't the best but the houses are not all active like the house you are playing is.

In my modern hood my sims can walk but in my medieval hood they must take a taxi, so that community lot time works. It's very odd. Of course the taxi is a horse drawn cab, but if they walk CLT does not kick in.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#92 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:04 PM
It woul'dve been amazing. But only if the community lots had stayed as vibrant and alive which they didn't in The Sims 3. My loading times in the game is like 30-45 seconds between each lot, yet I don't leave the residental lots very often.

In Sims 3, one of my teenager twins was thrown into jail (he did nothing wrong). Sat there until he was an adult and then appeared on the doorstep of my family's house, as if nothing was ever wrong. Totally useless, of course, he gained no skills in prison.

That would only be true if the teenager was on the edge of growing up, because sims don't sit in prison for that long.
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:08 PM
Justpetro, I think you're possibly being a bit harsh on StrangeTownChick. As I read this thread, it's chergirl who wants an open world; StrangeTownChick is more ambivalent about it.

And, chergirl, it's nice to meet someone else who'd like to be a Sim. I thought I was the only one. That's probably why I run Veronaville as a town I'd be happy to live in.

Its VERY nice to meet you to! I also thought that I was the only one playing as a sim. Can we make friends then? :D
Mad Poster
#94 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
It woul'dve been amazing. But only if the community lots had stayed as vibrant and alive which they didn't in The Sims 3. My loading times in the game is like 30-45 seconds between each lot, yet I don't leave the residental lots very often.

That would only be true if the teenager was on the edge of growing up, because sims don't sit in prison for that long.

He sat there for quite a number of Sim days while his twin skilled up nicely. He was arrested for being out late alone - except that he was NOT alone, his whole family was with him, including his twin (not to be arrested) brother. I hate that game.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:55 PM
Okay, @AndrewGloria and @chergirl - here you go:
Mad Poster
#96 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 6:59 PM
Its VERY nice to meet you to! I also thought that I was the only one playing as a sim. Can we make friends then? :D
I've just added you to my Friends List, a feature I've never used on MTS before. I've no idea what it does, if anything. (Actually I regard most of the regular contributors to this forum as my friends -- I've just never thought of using the Add to Friend List button before.)

I don't actually play as a Sim, but I do dream of going to Veronaville and meeting my favourite Sims face to face. It's one reason why I always try to be good to my Sims -- so they'll like me when they meet me. Yes, I'd love to go to Veronaville, buy one of those lovely little half-timbered houses, get myself a job (in my LTW career of course) and live the rest of my days with my Simmie friends. :lovestruc In my game with Aging Off, and the No More Fires mod, I could be there with them for ever.

@justpetro, Are those Sims called AndrewGloria and Chergirl? I wouldn't mind looking as good as he does!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#97 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:50 PM
I think the "Key Word" ( for me that is ) as to not having open world in Sims 2 is "Control" I want complete control of my Sims life.
If I leave them frozen in time while I play another Sims household, I will know things will be the same whenever I get back to them.
And other words "no" surprises like open world in Sims 3, it comes down to do as I say, not as open world that is set up to take control of my Sims everyday life.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#98 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:13 PM Last edited by moveobjects : 20th Jun 2015 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Actually someone has created a mod that allows you to visit Sims on their home lots. Chris Hatch over at Back Alley Sims created one, it is an adult only site however so I don't ever link to it on here.

I don't use it myself as it requires AL, if you are able and decide to check it out it would be found in Chris's Creations forum. Heads up the site is pretty graphic as it is 18+ and not everyone is comfortable with that even if you are an adult.
[...]

@Clashfan actually Chris Hatch Visit Other Sims mod doesn't require AL, I believe the only version of the mod that does require AL is the one that enables you to walk to other Sims houses. I have the version that enables the visiting via owned cars, and I don't have either AL or FT installed on my laptop.

Edit: WHOA WAIT, THAT WAS POSTED ON 2012, gosh, I thought this was a new thread, my bad :x
Mad Poster
#99 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:29 PM
I've just added you to my Friends List, a feature I've never used on MTS before. I've no idea what it does, if anything. (Actually I regard most of the regular contributors to this forum as my friends -- I've just never thought of using the Add to Friend List button before.)

I don't actually play as a Sim, but I do dream of going to Veronaville and meeting my favourite Sims face to face. It's one reason why I always try to be good to my Sims -- so they'll like me when they meet me. Yes, I'd love to go to Veronaville, buy one of those lovely little half-timbered houses, get myself a job (in my LTW career of course) and live the rest of my days with my Simmie friends. :lovestruc In my game with Aging Off, and the No More Fires mod, I could be there with them for ever.

@justpetro, Are those Sims called AndrewGloria and Chergirl? I wouldn't mind looking as good as he does!

They are called AndrewGloria and Chergirl Sims and I made them for the two of you (could not resist Thought I gave AndrewGloria glasses from working and playing on a laptop and long hair (no time to visit a hairdresser between working and playing Sims) - and long legs and long black hair to Chergirl because, well, Cher.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:40 PM
In Sims 3, when one of my Sims actually fell in love - the girlfriend and her family moved away during the night. When he wanted to propose she was gone, gone, gone.

Sounds like you were using the default Sims 3 Story Progression, in which inactive families randomly move in and out of town. I use the Nraas Story Progression mod for Sims 3 so families don't randomly move in and out (I switch between Sims 2 and Sims 3, and have gotten the Story Progression mod to the point where it doesn't bug me too much, but I still can only control one household at a time. I can switch Sims 3 households using the the Story Progression mod, but its a pain in the ass at times because the mod ends up doing I don't want it to do with the household I just switched from. I once lost a bunch of nectar bottles because the frigging mod sold them all.)
Page 4 of 5