Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#10076 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 2:48 AM
So, I had my teen also copy homework because, wow didn't know they could after all these years and wanted to try it.
Got detention. Clearly, these teens don't understand how to cheat properly.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#10077 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 10:38 AM
I discovered that a sim who is dancing and another sim who is watching TV sitting down can talk to each other :o

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10078 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 2:16 PM
You can even expand this experience: one Sim dancing, another watching TV, the third eating their dinner, the fourth doing homework, the fifth playing chess and the sixth a toddler playing on the floor. It's good that cats can't talk, otherwise they would join in on the conversation, too.
But we must be imagining this. The developers of Sims 4 said so.
Scholar
#10079 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 3:06 PM
Sims can talk to other sims while holding a toddler!
#10080 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 3:36 PM
You can even experience the TS3 ancestor of TS4's musical chairs problem if you place several of the community picnic tables (the ones from community objects in Build Mode, not the ones from Buy Mode) in a park. Sims can then never decide whether they want to eat, join a conversation at another table, or rather eat the hotdog from the third.
#10081 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:59 PM
Today I discovered that I have a new talent. I don't post very often at the official forums but whenever I do I always seem to stumble into those threads that hours later will have erupted into a flame war. My post count is now back to what it was a few weeks ago and the thread completely gone.
Field Researcher
#10082 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:31 PM
Should a meteor hit a junkyard there is a chance that it will set off a fiery chain reaction in the piles of junk which results in large quantities of scrap being flung all over the lot.

Zombies can apparently take direct hits from meteors and shamble away just fine.

These two discoveries are related- it was an interesting night for my inventor. Luckily I have a copy of that junkyard in the bin so I won't have to manually replace all of the destroyed decorative items (and the shed that had the bathroom in it).
Field Researcher
#10083 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 11:27 PM
Rhett Funke got a message his coworkers had thrown him a party on his 1 year anniversary of working at the police station. He also got 1,000 in cash. I play rotationally and it was a really lovely surprise for me as I did not know it was possible )
Instructor
#10084 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 2:53 AM
That NRAAS's CAS relationship functions allow you to make a teen the parent of a child or toddler. Of course I actually meant to and ended up making the child and toddler twins my new teen girl's siblings, but I thought it was a good feature, even if I don't usually play teen parent/pregnancy sims
Top Secret Researcher
#10085 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 6:37 PM
Default Genie to fairy
Today I Learned that if you turn a still enslaved genie into a fairy with a bottled blessing of the fae, you don't get any wishes out of them, they still have their enslaved genie wrist bands, they don't join your household like a freed genie and you keep the empty lamp.

Well, her wings match her clothing, which is nice.

Now I'm going to go to university and see if I get another genie in my empty genie lamp.

Is there a mod so that all the genie don't look the same? I mean, they very in weight, but otherwise they look identical.
Top Secret Researcher
#10086 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by medieval_simmer
Rhett Funke got a message his coworkers had thrown him a party on his 1 year anniversary of working at the police station. He also got 1,000 in cash. I play rotationally and it was a really lovely surprise for me as I did not know it was possible )
Yes! Me too I discovered that thanks to rotational play, had a buttload of these 1 year aniversary 'parties'! Most of my sims had... nothing ^^; One had the money; and two had a plate of food in their inventory! The second one's food rot because I missed the message lol Hours later I was clicking the messages away: click click click WHAT?! Free food? YAY! Then switching to sim's inventory I went Aw craaaap
Top Secret Researcher
#10087 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 5:26 PM
Yep. Genies converted with potions don't have to be "freed", but they don't become part of your household. A trip to Uni fills the empty lamp up with a new genie; sort of like the old glass pop bottles you return for a deposit, I guess. I could have sworn that you couldn't use genies @ uni. Huh. Worked this time.
Field Researcher
#10088 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 5:58 PM
Pregnant sims can't get makeovers, even before they start showing.
Top Secret Researcher
#10089 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:05 AM
Right... can't use genies at a vacation world. Good for uni and I think Oasis Landing.
Field Researcher
#10090 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Today I Learned that if you turn a still enslaved genie into a fairy with a bottled blessing of the fae, you don't get any wishes out of them, they still have their enslaved genie wrist bands, they don't join your household like a freed genie and you keep the empty lamp.

Well, her wings match her clothing, which is nice.

Now I'm going to go to university and see if I get another genie in my empty genie lamp.

Is there a mod so that all the genie don't look the same? I mean, they very in weight, but otherwise they look identical.

Master Controller with the Cheats module works OK with its Randomize Genetics option, if you don't mind using these.
Field Researcher
#10091 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:46 PM
Apparently neurotic sims have trouble sleeping through the night during a full moon.
Field Researcher
#10092 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:08 AM
When your sim gives birth to multiples at the hospital and there aren't enough sims to carry them all home, the extra babies will instantly appear home and a babysitter will be spawned to care for them.
Also, when a coward sim gives birth to ghost babies, they will faint the moment they give birth.
Top Secret Researcher
#10093 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:41 AM
I discovered that if you take an adult sim and use NRAAS MC to make that sim a teen, they don't have to go to high school. But that may be a NRAAS "Careers mod" thing as the sim kept her job at the police station. But she had a high school degree too... so was it the NRAAS mod? OR did the basic game get confused by her having a High School diploma and a full time job?

IF she's out after curfew, does she arrest herself? Hummm... something to try.

I'm too lazy to delete the mod and see what did it, but I'm happy my sim doesn't have to go to high school again.
Alchemist
#10094 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:15 PM
I just realized that elder sims rolling the wish to Go For Stroll, in spite of there being no babies or toddlers in the household, isn't a sign of senility. It's a very subtle way of saying they want grandkids, lol.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#10095 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:00 AM
I discovered this interaction. Anyone know what could have prompted it?
Instructor
#10096 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:53 AM
Well it's not from the actual game but I discovered that using Dexter the Bear infront of someone creeps them out...I've never had this problem before...does it not affect evil Sims? Cause every other time I've used it, no ones gotten mad or sad and the only other times I've used it the entire household was Evil.

Sad I didn't know sooner, now the witness Matthew Hamming has to quit his job and stay in the cell in the basement so he doesn't rat on my Coven Founder...and I have to find a new replacement blood doll.
Site Helper
#10097 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:57 PM
Sims react to Dexter the bear according to their traits. Evil, etc. are fine with it as long as they weren't too fond of the person who died. Good sims will develop an eternal hatred for the murderer.

(First hand knowledge there: She HAD to walk in while her husband was using Dexter to explain to the burglar that just because he avoided the police last night didn't mean he got away with stealing the computer again.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10098 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
I discovered this interaction. Anyone know what could have prompted it?

Okay, I'll take a guess since no one else is. The other sim was eating their main course with a salad fork.
Field Researcher
#10099 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:04 PM
I discovered that one of the patterns in fabrics, (the one that's similar to demask and is 2 slightly differing shades of blue, actually has unicorns in it.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#10100 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:14 AM
I discovered that my fairy could walk right up to a neighbor's home, go into his garden and sleep in his fairy house. She doesn't even know him and he wasn't home at the time.
Page 404 of 490