Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:16 PM
Good to know, thanks for the answer, everyone!

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 11:42 PM
thankyou for the answer Heaven :D
OMG i finally finished my first chapter, but I went 48 words over the limit Is that okay or should I go through it and delete some stuff?
so frustrating

~edit~
I went through it and now I am 7 words over

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
~Mr. Eko, LOST
Inconceivable!
#53 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 12:39 AM
I know how you feel Melibee. I'm way over on my word count too. You'll have to find seven words to remove though, unless you want to get ducked some points under the "rule adherence" category. At least you only have 7 words to cut. You don't even want to know how far over I am... Haha.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Melibee1323
thankyou for the answer Heaven :D
OMG i finally finished my first chapter, but I went 48 words over the limit Is that okay or should I go through it and delete some stuff?
so frustrating

~edit~
I went through it and now I am 7 words over

Haha, I know what you mean. I wrote a story for the last one and kept myself to the same rules I asked the contestants to follow. There were many times I had to keep condensing to get JUST inside the word limit.

You can leave it but you will be penalized for going over (or under).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#55 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 5:32 AM
Yes, I'm only about eighteen words under the cut-off limit for my story. Just have to make the pictures. I find that if you go through your story, you'll find some words that are just superfluous. Did you really need to add 'he said' that one extra time? Or maybe that again and again and again, that last again should be taken off. Also, take a look through your story. If you find a description that took a couple of words, try a thesaurus and see if you can find one word that encompasses those couple of words. But I'd definitely find a way to cut those 7 words out. There's no reason to lose points in rule adherence for just 7 words. As for if you have quite a bit more than 7, maybe try seeing if you can cut a scene out and add that scene to the next round.

While trying to take my pictures today, my game decided it wanted to crap out on the graphics and now my Sims seem a little more pixelly than before. Has anyone had this problem? I changed my graphics to high for Sim detail but I have a great computer, it should handle it perfectly fine. In fact, it was handling it perfectly fine, right until I took my Sim out of the CAH and into the world. And the closer I get, the more the pixels seem to show up.

Interstellar Traveler
#56 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 5:53 AM
yay! New people! I can't wait to see everyone's stories!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Scholar
#57 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 5:56 AM
I feel bad now for having been so under the word limit!

Heaven, you said when you extended the deadline that those who already posted could edit our entries until that date?

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
#58 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 6:45 AM
LOL I had to trim down multiple times for mine. "Okay... don't really need that sentence... DAMN still 25 words... cut that.... DAMN another 15... GAH I CAN'T POSSIBLY CUT ANYTHING MORE!... Oh, wait, how about that?... *does a little happy dance* Yay, two words under the max!"
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 6:48 AM
Oooo... I want to do this. I already have a story I could use for this, too. But trying to decide if I can write two stories at once since I'm already in the middle of a sims story. ...Hmmm, I think I could do it. The formats and styles are different enough that I don't think I'd have a big issue with juggling. I'll work on both until the 4th and if I don't have any real problems, then I'm in.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
While trying to take my pictures today, my game decided it wanted to crap out on the graphics and now my Sims seem a little more pixelly than before. Has anyone had this problem? I changed my graphics to high for Sim detail but I have a great computer, it should handle it perfectly fine. In fact, it was handling it perfectly fine, right until I took my Sim out of the CAH and into the world. And the closer I get, the more the pixels seem to show up.

Well, that sucks. Good news though...we aren't judging on graphics! We should obviously be able to see your pictures and understand the scene but if it's blurry and pixelated, who are we to judge your computer specs? I'll just remove my blog link now so no one can see my crappy graphics card at work.

One word of advice, never, ever call CAS CAH. Morph made that mistake last story and his game refused to work for him. Create a Sim has and always will be CAS regardless of the pets there now. /me bows to CAS and apologizes for LifesLover's ignorant mistake.

Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
I feel bad now for having been so under the word limit!

Heaven, you said when you extended the deadline that those who already posted could edit our entries until that date?

Yep, you are more than welcome to edit up until the round closes. Especially since I increased the deadline.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#61 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 4:24 PM
Okay, that's a load off my mind. And, lol, I actually did call it CAS when I first wrote that, but then I thought, oh, wait, it says create a household now, maybe I should change it. I will remember now.

Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 5:40 PM Last edited by heaven : 27th Jun 2012 at 8:19 PM.
Lol
The president guy on the fake game cover sort of looks like Adele...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myforbes
The president guy on the fake game cover sort of looks like Adele...

Please, please for the love of all things furry and cute, don't quote my entire original post. It's a lot to read through at the beginning. No way do we want to have it on multiple pages.

Site Helper
#64 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:21 PM
Does removing a plumbob/skill bar count as photoshopping?

It took forever to get the sims lined up properly for a shot, and I couldn't find a camera angle that kept them in anything like the right pose and still hid the skill bars and the plumbob. And I'm not patched high enough to use the pose player, so I have to find poses I can catch on my own. (I stopped patching with 1.24. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#65 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:27 PM
Use hideHeadlineEffects on to get rid of thought bubbles, plumbobs, and skill bars while in game.

Site Helper
#66 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:07 PM
Thanks. I had been trying the Sims 2 version of the command, so I thought they had removed it. (That wouldn't surprise me much.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:20 PM
Thankyou for the advice!
Im hopefully going to be releasing the chapter tomorrow or the next day. I am almost done with all of the pictures, and I finished the writing portion a while ago.
Now to see where each of my jumbled up mess of pictures fits

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Forum Resident
#68 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:11 AM
You're welcome! I knew there was a cheat that did it but I couldn't remember which, so I just used the help command in Sims 3.

Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yay! I am ready to post my first chapter.
Now to figure out a title...

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Melibee1323 : 29th Jun 2012 at 10:47 PM.
Okay here is my story I hope I put this in right. I am going to put it in a spoiler so it takes up less space on the thread :D
This is a different Genre for me (normaly I am all Sci-fi, but this is more realistic), so I hope it turns out okay

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Instructor
#71 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 12:29 AM
Yay, someone who uses spoiler quotes! xD

Maybe it's just because I have terribly slow Internet, but I hate it when I visit a page, and it's bogged down by hundreds of pictures.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Forum Resident
#72 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 8:54 AM
Sad day.... I cant open the sims I am going to try re install and hope it works

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 10:46 PM
@Misanthrope Yeah I hate when my computer freezes up because of pictures too! I mean i am fine when people do it, but I feel like its easier to scroll down and see other posts when its in a spoiler :D
@LadyAwesome : That sucks! I had that happen to me before we got the new computer few years ago. ALL of my stuff was fried. couldnt even save all of my cc to a flash drive to get it onto the new computer. I lost everything. Hopefully you can get everything back

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Site Helper
#74 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 1:49 PM
/me hugs Lady Awesome

I hope reinstalling worked for you.

I hadn't thought of spoiler tags, but that seems like a good idea.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 3:48 AM
Gosh, I am SO glad I extended the application round. We're still 6 people shy of the minimum number. Hope that it is going well for all of you who are working on an entry. And, if you're lurking but not saying anything, welcome! We won't bite...hard. Just a nibble. Or two. :D

Page 3 of 15