Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The other one
#101 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:55 AM
Thanks for the advice but I didn't get to check in again until after the flight, lol. Oh well, after re-writing/re-planning my story line 4 or 5 times (I kept finding massive plot holes! lol) I think I finally have what I'm gonna submit as my first chapter...not 100% sure where I'll go from there but fingers crossed the rounds will inspire me like last time

Anyway, just wanted to say I'll be working on pics for the remainder of the time left but unless I have any computer disasters (touch wood) in the immediate future I'll definitely be joining so with Waterjay's entry I think that means we'll just need one more to make it official, Yay! :D

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Advertisement
Inconceivable!
#102 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 8:34 AM
Glad to hear that you're entering missroxor! I'm over halfway through with my entry, so with both of us, we'll have at least ten contestants! *throws confetti*

P.S. I *love* your avatar. I laughed so hard when I saw that.
Site Helper
#103 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:01 PM
I just found out that there is a strong possibility that my husband will be losing his job very soon. I've got a jump drive, which has decided it wants to work with the computer that died, not the computer that has Sims 3 on it. (This computer won't recognize it at all.) If I can get it to work I can put my entries onto it and then upload them from the library computer.

So, does anybody know why a computer wouldn't recognize a jump drive?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#104 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:03 PM
Does it not recognize from multiple ports, ghost?

(PS Sending love and prayers to both you and Sidney)
The other one
#105 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:18 PM
Yay, Buckley! *throws confetti* my avatar is probably out of date, not had the chance to catch up yet but last I read I think Yalena was all gooey eyed for Lyric *glowers at heaven*

Ghost, sorry to hear about your hubby, best of luck to him. Sorry, I don't even know what a jump drive is so can't help D: fingers crossed both situations work themselves out!

Heaven, I can't find it in the rules but was just wondering if we're allowed to use downloaded lots? I take forever building sets but can think of a couple of lots by my fav builder that would suit my theme and would greatly decrease the amount of time I have to faff before taking pics I'm assuming if we're allowed to use custom worlds then custom builds would be fine but thought I'd check to be sure.

I just remembered those builds have cc so I'd get penalized if I used them anyway-duh! Lol. Damn, now I'm thinking, "screw the penalty!!" :p

Scholar
#106 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Yay, Buckley! *throws confetti* my avatar is probably out of date, not had the chance to catch up yet but last I read I think Yalena was all gooey eyed for Lyric *glowers at heaven*

*Fist pump*

Didn't I tell you from Day one that Lyric would win? : P

(Sorry for being off topic but that gloat was SO necessary.)

On topic: Can't wait for round 2! Sooo excited.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:44 PM Last edited by heaven : 8th Jul 2012 at 2:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor

Ghost, sorry to hear about your hubby, best of luck to him. Sorry, I don't even know what a jump drive is so can't help D: fingers crossed both situations work themselves out!

Heaven, I can't find it in the rules but was just wondering if we're allowed to use downloaded lots? I take forever building sets but can think of a couple of lots by my fav builder that would suit my theme and would greatly decrease the amount of time I have to faff before taking pics I'm assuming if we're allowed to use custom worlds then custom builds would be fine but thought I'd check to be sure.

I just remembered those builds have cc so I'd get penalized if I used them anyway-duh! Lol. Damn, now I'm thinking, "screw the penalty!!" :p

Yes, you can use lots from other creators. Credit is always nice, especially if the lot is a prominent part. And, if you look, CC is only 1 point this contest, instead of the 5 points it was last time. So if it's necessary, you could easily make it up on the bonus.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#108 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:52 AM
YAY, My entry is also almost done I am excited about my ebil story :D:D

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Field Researcher
#109 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:48 AM
Default Chapter One

Current Event: Mysterious Past
Word/Picture Count: 1500 (including footnote), 15 pictures
Bonus: Yes
CC: LadyFrontbum Skin, Aikea Eyes, OMSPs, Poses
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:59 AM
Tamlyn, by footnote, do you mean the bit at the end where you note word count and such? if so, you don't need to count those. It's only the "actual" story that counts for your words. If that's not what you mean, ignore me.

Also, guys I am so excited to have 9 contestants and another day to go with quite a few more entrants, maybe. Also, I am loving the ideas of spoilers. They are not required, but they do make loading the page so much faster! So, Melibee1323, thanks for thinking of it!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
The other one
#111 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:16 AM
5 pics down, 10 to go D:

I might be the last person on the planet to realise this but there's a movie maker cheat you can use for TS3 that is SO useful for taking pics! I just stumbled on it by accident tonight. Copied this from a cheats site just in case somebody else finds it useful:

Think it does a lot (but not all) of the same stuff that the animation player does but with this you choose from lists rather than hunting for and typing out codes

PS I didn't need to do the testingcheatsenabled bit.

Test Subject
#112 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:30 AM
Forgive and Forget
Chapter 1:

Word Count: 1376
Pictures: 12
Hero Type: The Atoner
Plot Point: Redemption Quest
Song Lyric: "Bless your soul, you've got your head in the clouds."
Bonus: Sidekick: Samara (Moral Compass)
CC: None
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:36 PM
Welcome Sabri5! I see this is also a new experience for you. It warms my little heart to see everyone getting involved.

Yay, everyone! We've hit our number to keep this contest going, but keep those entries rolling in. Remember, we've got a cap of 20, so there are still 10 spots to be filled! We are down to the wire now (/me googles where this phrase comes from). Not to panic anyone, but there are now 17 hours left to polish those entries up and get them submitted. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with and, on my day off tomorrow, read all the ones that have already been submitted!

Inconceivable!
#114 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 3:00 AM
Sorry, last minute question. If the quote doesn't have an ellipsis behind it, does that mean we have to put it at the end of the sentence? Even if we leave it intact and untouched, just using it as a dependent clause in a complex sentence? For example:

"I like this contest because [insert quote], and I can't wait to write chapter 2."

Instead of:

"I like this contest because [insert quote]. I can't wait to write chapter 2."

Hope my example makes sense, lol.

Heaven, if you don't see this before time is up, I will play it safe and rewrite my entry so that the quote finishes the sentence, as I think that's what you meant in the rules. I was just re-reading your post before I submit my chapter and realized that I wasn't sure what you meant.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 3:23 AM
I am pretty sure you can use it anyway, as long as the quote isn't actually broken.

Inconceivable!
#116 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:18 AM
Oh really? Thanks for the response LadyAwesome. I'll do that then, unless heaven tells me otherwise.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
Sorry, last minute question. If the quote doesn't have an ellipsis behind it, does that mean we have to put it at the end of the sentence? Even if we leave it intact and untouched, just using it as a dependent clause in a complex sentence? For example:

"I like this contest because [insert quote], and I can't wait to write chapter 2."

Instead of:

"I like this contest because [insert quote]. I can't wait to write chapter 2."

Hope my example makes sense, lol.

Heaven, if you don't see this before time is up, I will play it safe and rewrite my entry so that the quote finishes the sentence, as I think that's what you meant in the rules. I was just re-reading your post before I submit my chapter and realized that I wasn't sure what you meant.

Buckley, I swear when I wrote those rules for the quotes they made sense. I swear it! However, reading back on them now, I am rather befuddled by my reasoning. So yeah, erm, they can be stuck in a sentence, added on to, or be stand alone as long as you don't change the actual quote itself.

Inconceivable!
#118 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 5:57 AM
Default Chapter One
Round 1: Prologue

CC Used: Skin, Eyes, Store Content, Poses, OMSP, World
Event: Beware the Nice Guy
Word/Picture Count: 1,476 Words/11 Pictures
Bonus: Yes
Additional Credits: Candle-Town Uptown by candlelight82 and Clouded Leopard (Calix) by Lea.Sikora
Forum Resident
#119 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:08 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 9th Jul 2012 at 6:21 AM.
Default Ala

Pictures:10
Word Count: 1066
Atoner.
Plot point: Mind over matter
Sidekick: Moral Compass
CC: Everything... I will try list everything I remember
Heavens Buildings/LemonLeaf make up/Sclub accessories/Anubis hair/ Ace creations/ Ala's boots/ plus probably more.....skin by sclub too I think and D3N eye contact.... or I have about 10 different eyes hahaha. Arisku made the wolf..... excuse my shitty graphics

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:44 AM
So, yeah, the deadline is midnight. Seriously, I am about to conk out. Hazards of going to bed after midnight last night and getting a phone call from the spouse across the world before 6am. Don't get me wrong; I much appreciate it but I am questioning my wisdom on choosing a deadline that is midnight my time. I don't think there is any. So, I am heading to bed. I will update any new entries in the contestant table when I get up in the morning. Because of my tardiness, I will accept entries a bit late. Do try to get them in by the deadline but I won't be a stickler for on the dot timing. I will be checking the time stamps though so don't think 4 hours late is acceptable.

Because I will NOT be staying up until midnight, I will go ahead and post Round 2 information now. I do not think an hour and a half difference will make or break anyone who happens to see it and start working now, nor will it give anyone who has yet to turn in their entry a clear advantage. There isn't enough time for them to change anything anyway!!! Note to self: next timer will NOT be midnight. Judges, be on the lookout for a PM from me sometime within the next 8-9 hours with some judging info and such. Feel free to start working before that though if you would like.

If everyone gets their Round 2 entry in before the deadline, we can move on to Round 3. However, that is only if everyone is able to do this. Otherwise, the timer below sticks. No bonus points will be awarded; just more of a "we're having fun, let's keep going," camaraderie.

Round 2 – Rising Action – TIMER
Round 2 should be where your audience can begin to see what the climax of the story will be. You should be building up to figuring out who your villain is or masterminding the attempt to take him down. This should be the planning and plotting chapter and, because of that, the word count has been increased a little. Between 1,200 and 1,700 words and 10 to 17 pictures. Anything above or below these numbers will result in loss of points.

Excerpt: Choose ONE of the following quotes.
“He's a devil in disguise…”
“I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone".”
“I'm just like you, only prettier.”

Round 2: Bonus Worth 5 points Hero costume time! Introduce an outfit (it doesn’t have to be a permanent choice) that your hero could use as his/her costume.

Please include a brief summary (around 100 words) before your entry. This will NOT be counted towards your word count.
Also, please include information listed below your entry:
Current Plot Point: What did you use this chapter?
Previous Plot Points: Here you will keep a running list of what you have already used.
Word Count:
CC Used: Allowed ____. This can be as simple as a yes/no response

Scholar
#121 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:50 AM
By "summary", heaven, do you mean a brief overview of what's going on in the story?
Scholar
#122 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
By "summary", heaven, do you mean a brief overview of what's going on in the story?

I think I can answer that for you.

Last cycle the pre-chapter summary was a short blurb about what had happened previously in the story (Round 2 summary = the events of round 1, round 3 summary = the events of the previous rounds)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
The other one
#123 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 7:52 AM
Default Blood Red
Blood Red: Beware the Nice Guy

Pictures:14 (Run out of time to make girls for the first pic).
Word Count: 1486 (without title)
Hero Type: Chosen One
Plot point: Beware The Nice Guy
Sidekick: Highly competent (hint: they sent the letter with the family tree)
CC: Lots, will try to draw up a list when I don’t have 10 minutes left till deadline :p

The other one
#124 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:06 AM Last edited by missroxor : 9th Jul 2012 at 8:47 AM.
Phew, really wasn't sure I'd get that done in time! Apparently the world I choose to take the majority of my pics has serious lag issues...wish I'd known before I commited to it

Also, I made a typo but it's too late to make changes so just FYI, when the red is talking to her he's supposed to say, "It will show you the truth", I forgot to delete the "see" and question mark. Also, I meant, "hypercompetent", not highly competent :p

Right, am off to read chapter 2 and probably have a meltdown about how I'm gonna work it into the story, lol

EDIT: I love the bonus round! Can't wait to get started on this. Just been reading some of the stories and I really hope you all are fast with you're second chapter, lol cause every one I've read so far I can't wait to see what happens next, so many cliff hangers!! :D

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#125 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:57 PM
Following the stories here and I MUST SAY the stories are wonderful.To HEAVEN, its kind of you to host the contest.Though am not participating, reading the tread gives me so much joy.Keep it up all and best of luck to all the contestants.

Page 5 of 15